A Simply Amazing Day!!
Do not ever under-estimate the power of prayer. Especially when it has to do with a three year old child! What I have witnessed today, only God can orchestrate... This child has three incisions in her body... They were not there this morning when she woke up.. One is on her thigh, one is on her lower back, and one is on her belly.. Not one "ouch" out of Emme Jade except for her IV board, which she has politely asked her nurses to remove every time she sees them! She has made new friends, walked the halls, and she has even cruised the floor on wheels... Simply amazing!
Yes, she is on pain meds.. She is tolerating them beautifully! (The hard stuff is on order should we need it over night.) She knows where her "owies" are, and she is happy to show them off to anyone who will listen! There will be a few dressing changes tomorrow when the surgeons are on call. I am thankful they will be doing the first round!
Overall, day one has been a gift. She is sleeping now, and hopefully it will be a peaceful night. I know tomorrow is a new day, and the pain may increase overnight. But, I give thanks for the precious day we have had with Emme Jade... God has clearly trusted us with another one of his brave and strong little girls! (Oh, and spunky too!)
Thank you for lifting up Emme Jade! You have blessed her greatly with your prayers! Goodnight from Children in MSP!

Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
October
(19)
- What A Season!!!!
- Emme Jade IS Home!!!!
- A Simply Amazing Day!!
- Emme Jade Is Now.....
- Our Sweet Emme Jade is...
- S'mores are "Yummy!"
- Favorite Photo(s) Friday!!
- Wordless Wednesday!!!
- "Katie's Day" in Pictures!
- Katie & Mike's Wedding - The Salon
- Wedding: Sneak Peak
- The Weekend We Have Been Waiting For!!!
- Emme Jade: Surgery Update and More Info on The L...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Emme's First Minnesota Fall!
- "I am NOT going to be a Pirate!!"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- All Dressed Up....
- Just Because....
-
▼
October
(19)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
-
October(19)
- What A Season!!!!
- Emme Jade IS Home!!!!
- A Simply Amazing Day!!
- Emme Jade Is Now.....
- Our Sweet Emme Jade is...
- S'mores are "Yummy!"
- Favorite Photo(s) Friday!!
- Wordless Wednesday!!!
- "Katie's Day" in Pictures!
- Katie & Mike's Wedding - The Salon
- Wedding: Sneak Peak
- The Weekend We Have Been Waiting For!!!
- Emme Jade: Surgery Update and More Info on The L...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Emme's First Minnesota Fall!
- "I am NOT going to be a Pirate!!"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- All Dressed Up....
- Just Because....
- September(14)
- August(30)
- July(13)
- June(11)
- May(17)
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)




14 comments:
So very glad to hear that Emme Jade is doing so well!!!! Prayers coming your way!!!
Love,
Your Pearl River Family
I am soooo very happy about this news. I did pray for your peanut and it is awesome to see her doing so well!!!
We will continue to lift her up!!
Christy :)
PTL!! I love the power of prayer in numbers! Glad to know EJ is doing so well. I was thinking of you and so happy to see the wonderful report. God is GOOD!!!
Keeping her close in thoughts and prayer in the days ahead. Believing for a quick, low-pain (or NO-pain!) recovery. Children's is wonderful!!
Sending love and hugs your way...
OXO,
Tanya
Diana, I am so thankful for you that Emme Jade did so well through her surgery! Praying that today will be a good day for working through her recovery.
Jill and Rick
So thankful! Praying for her today!
She is so precious. I pray she continues to heal. :-)
~Kimberly
Glad it went so well! What a great girl. Keeping the family in my prayers.
janet
So very thankful for answered prayers for Emme. What a blessing she is!
Sharon
www.ourfamilyourstory.com
Oh...such wonderful news! Thank you for that sweet update. Those precious photos have me in tears. I will keep you all in my thoughts and will pray that the pain is tolerable. May Emme Jade heal quickly.
So filled with joy for Emme Jade. She is continually in my prayers.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”
(Ephesians 3:20)
So glad to see that Emme is doing so well. I will continue to keep her in my prayers!!
What a trooper she it! Love that little peanut!!
So glad to hear. How long will you be there? You couldn't be in better hands. Let us know if you're up for visitors, and in the meantime we will praise and pray! Love and hugs from all of us. Sheri
She is so amazing! I am so proud of Emme Jade!