Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Emme Jade's First Haircut at Home!

EmmeBries-8129

Brie has been cutting hair for our family since Ainsley was 4. She has done Ruby's first cut, Sienna's first cut, and today it was Emme's turn!!! At 5:00 Ainsley and I took her. She was so excited! She actually ran up to Brie, gave her a hug, and pointed to her hair.. She was ready for her turn in the chair!! We had seen pictures of Emme in Yangzhou getting her haircut at the orphanage. Perhaps the setting was a bit different today, but she definitely knew what to do! She was perfect for Brie!

EmmeBries-8138

The "Little Bean" looked really little in the shampoo chair!

Emme-8140

She was very curious about Brie's gorgeous necklace, so Brie gave it to her to play with while she cut her hair.

Emme-8145

Right before I took this shot, one of the stylists asked me how to say, "beautiful" in Chinese. She then went over to tell Emme how beautiful she looked. Emme smiled and nodded her head up and down!! She was very excited when she was all done!

EmmeHaircut-8161

I love the back.. It's a cropped "Bob".. Just like Ruby used to wear. Brie said Emme's hair is a lot like Ruby's.. Lucky girl!! Emme's so tiny, that I think this style is precious on her. She still has all that length to do her famous pigtails!

Emme-8151

Waiting patiently for her lip gloss from Brie!

EmmewithBrie-8152

The final part of the Spa Experience!

EmmeLipgloss-8154

A little "lip-gloss kiss" for Mom!

Emme-8159

As always, thank you Brie! Emme looks precious!



19 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! What a great story. I love hearing how you're speaking Chinese with her. She has a whole language inside just waiting to be shared and understood! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. :)

Jboo said...

Sweet!! Great haircut - such a beautiful little girl!

Janet

Bridget said...

Such a cutie and she is sporting my favorite haircut!! Glad she enjoyed her salon experience!

Ani said...

She looks so grown up with her new hair cut! Such a cutie.

3 Peanuts said...

She is so beautiful. LOVE her new do:)

Kristi said...

oh.my.gosh - is she not the cutest little thing ever!?! love the sweet bob cut!!!

snekcip said...

oh.my.gosh.that baby girl is gorgeous!!! LOVE her haircut!!

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute! Glad she enjoyed it. I took our daughter for her first haircut (at home) yesterday also. She did not like it...not one bit. Maybe next time.

jennifer said...

Oh...I just can't stand it! Just a couple more weeks and I get to have a big hug for myself!! She is just the cutest thing...SO reminds me of Wesleigh when she had hers cut in a bob!

Ally said...

what a pretty doll! Makes me want to get a bob!

Teresa said...

She looks beautiful!! What a wonderful first haircut experience!! Totally love the lip gloss!

Kristi said...

Classy and oh so cute, cute, cute!!!! Love the sassy & classy new 'do on little Miss Emme!!!!

Big Happy Family said...

Emme Jade is so cute! I love the new doo...just darling.

Beth said...

She is such a sweetie....truly she made me smile this am on a otherwise end to a rough week. She just gives me hope that some day we will be taking our little girl for a haircut. Hug her, and her big sisters tight.

Football and Fried Rice said...

She looks like she handled the spa experience pretty well! And that hair cut IS DARLING!! Emme looks like she is always ready to just go with the flow! I love that!

Thanks for your prayers! Won't be long now, we can hibernate for the long winter :)

Jessie said...

What a sweetheart! I love her hair, it's so cute!

Hoots Momma said...

Love love love the cut. I've been waiting to take the Doll... but I think she's ready. Emme's hair is adorable!

TanyaLea said...

I'm telling you, Di ~ she and Khloe are two of a kind in so many ways! EVERY day after I do Khloe's hair, she asks for "sparkle lips" (aka: mama's special lip gloss) and puckers those lips right up like a pro! Can't wait until we can get our precious peanuts together. Hopefully after the New Year when the dust settles a little we can make a play date!

LOVE EJ's new do!! ~ SO cute! :)

OXO,
Tanya

Malu said...

So sweet , so touching , so Godly inspired . You mentioned that you are so blessed by Emme's life and I tell you sincerely I am blessed by you !! Wish you and your so beautiful family a great Christmas filled by the joy that only God can give us !!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive