Saturday, November 19, 2011

THANKFUL!!


untitled-8181Edit

It seemed appropriate that Emme Jade's first pre-school Thanksgiving feast was on her anniversary of being home three months! When I arrived, Miss Cyndee (her teacher) came up to me and told me she went around the room and asked each child what they were thankful for. Emme's response, "My Mommy!" It makes me tear up writing it. Miss Cyndee is a special teacher, and we are grateful for the way she loves our girl two mornings a week!

untitled-8173Emme

Our little Pilgrim!

untitled-8176Emme

The mashed potatoes and her first turkey sandwich were a hit...
Pumpkin pudding.. not so much!

untitled-8175EmmeMom

I am so thankful to be the Mommy to this "Little Bean!"
I can't imagine life without her joyful smile, adorable laugh, and sassy little foot stomp when she wants something!

untitled-8183Edit

I love this.. It was hanging on the wall by their classroom.
We are thankful for you too, Emme Jade!
You are a blessing!

Speaking of being thankful!!! Stef, Lisa and I have been blown away by the response we have gotten to "Fill Their Stockings With Hope" event!!! We launch on Wedensday, November 23rd with details of the fund raiser, and I way you can help us spread the word!!!! So please come back on Wednesday!!!!

15x47es


Blessings,
Diana

10 comments:

Diane said...

I know just how very special this Thanksgiving will be for you and your entire family:)

Emme is just the cutest pilgrim I have ever seen!

God Bless,
Diane

Jane Klingenberg said...

Each time I see precious Emme Jade, and all the wonderful life experiences she is having as your daughter, I can't help but feel thankful for her.... as well as for your whole family. I think saying she is thankful for "Mommy" is one of the best gifts you could ever receive.

thanks for sharing!

Jane Klingenberg

Football and Fried Rice said...

What an adorable pilgrim!! I'm not surprised she liked the food :)

I am amazed at her transition!! She is such a trooper!

Andi said...

How precious!!! I teared up reading your story. Never forget this moment!

Barsness said...

Just checking in on your blog, and I don't think I can wait another 3 months to meet Miss Emme--she is beyond cute. What a blessing for your whole family to have her in your lives! Happy holidays to all of you! So glad all is well. :)
Ava

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh I could just eat her up!!! She is so cute Diana..... I know that you all have so much to be thankful for this year more than ever!

Love her artwork hanging on the wall. How sweet is that?

So excited for the launch..... thank you for all the time and energy you have put into this project!!

xoxoxo,

Lisa

Bridget said...

Well if that isn't the cutest little Pilgrim I have ever seen! She is so cute and sweet Di and I know how thankful you all are for being in each others lives. Love that she liked her Thanksgiving feast. Give her a kiss from me and tell her I love her dress!

Miss you all!

B

jennifer said...

I love this post! She is just too sweet! Love that dress on her :)

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Its been an amazing year hasn't it!!! I get teared up just thinking of all that has happened and all the lives that have changed. I think of our talks in October followed by the surprise in January. Then the blessings in August... keeping R and S, seeing E in your arms, sending LOI for Ivy, your homecoming! Emme's new diagnosis and just knowing it is all going to be ok, God knew she was yours and He knew that would have scared you away. He knew she was perfectly made, He knew. We are all so blessed by these children. They are such a gift. You my friend are such a gift. Thank you for being a rock for me when I needed one last month. Thank you for this upcoming ~Fill their stockings~ event! Very excited for it! Much Love, Mary

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Its been an amazing year hasn't it!!! I get teared up just thinking of all that has happened and all the lives that have changed. I think of our talks in October followed by the surprise in January. Then the blessings in August... keeping R and S, seeing E in your arms, sending LOI for Ivy, your homecoming! Emme's new diagnosis and just knowing it is all going to be ok, God knew she was yours and He knew that would have scared you away. He knew she was perfectly made, He knew. We are all so blessed by these children. They are such a gift. You my friend are such a gift. Thank you for being a rock for me when I needed one last month. Thank you for this upcoming ~Fill their stockings~ event! Very excited for it! Much Love, Mary

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive