Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ivy Joy Needs Our Prayers!

IMG_8211

Less than one month ago, Ivy Joy met her Mama for the first time in China. On that day, she captured the hearts of all who followed their journey. She is one precious and tiny miracle!
China said she was in-operable. Mary and Bryan said with faith all things are possible. So, they answered the call, and said, "Yes Lord, send us!" They made this journey to Ivy knowing she may be terminal! It takes a very special family to do that! They are willing to love her for as long as God will allow. We pray that is for a very long time!

Yesterday, a very long catheter procedure provided HOPE for Ivy Joy! The surgical team at Phoenix Children's did not say Ivy was in-operable.. They said her case is very complicated but it is not hopeless!!! But, they NEED a human pulmonary valve to replace hers that is practically non-existent. Ivy needs this valve asap to survive her surgery! Will you join me in praying specifically for a toddler donor heart with the pulmonary valve attached. I know this is a heavy prayer. It is because of the loss of another that Ivy will have a chance. I pray that when this happens, the donor family will find great comfort in the blessing they will share. The life of another...

"He gives and He takes Away" keeps playing in my mind...

We love this family, and this precious child we have yet to meet! And from the bottom of my heart I thank you for standing in the gap for Ivy Joy!

Please stop by Mary's blog, and leave a word of encouragement!

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." ~Matthew 19:26



5 comments:

my3 kids said...

We are prayng for sweet Ivy Joy!!

Julie said...

I am so at a loss. I am praying for Ivy Joy's healing but how can I pray for someone else to experience loss so that Ivy Joy might live? I am not being mean at all, I am just kind of wrestling it out in my mind as I type. I'm going to have to really pray and seek guidance for the Drs to come up with a new miraculous plan and leave it up to God.

the meaklims said...

I have prayed so much for this sweet child. My daughter prays for her every night too, that her beautiful heart will be healed.

We will keep praying for her precious little life.

We have a miracle curing God who is in control. His way is perfect.

Jill

snekcip said...

Diana, I'm gonna be totally honest and will admit this was truly the hardest post I have ever had to comment on. At first, I thought I would comment "That I'm praying for Ivy" and somehow deep I felt compelled to be HONEST.

I asked "How do I pray for someone else child to die in order for another child to live"? I had to ask God to send me an answer, This is what He reveal to me.

I'm not praying for someone to die. For God is The Author and Finisher of each of our lives. I cannot pray "death" on someone. Thankfully God knows and understands our prayers, even when we sometimes don't. He has plans for each of our lifes. He know's ever chapter. The beginning and the end. Each of us are unique to our own story. Each of our lives have chapters that are yet to be revealed. Others have chapters that will end untimely. Again He wants us to pray. Pray for the child that is in need. Pray for the family that will be in the need of prayer as they navigate one of the hardest emotions ever. Grief.

We are all of ONE FLESH and all created by HIM. He understands the "human" part of us. He understands our "selfishness". He understands sometimes WE don't understand. He forgives us in these moments of "questioning".

God told me to pray.

I pray for all that will be touched through this life journey with Ivy Joy.

I pray for the family that will grieve for the loss of their loved one. I pray for their UNSELFISH act of giving...so that another may live.

I pray with great submission.

I pray for restoration.

I pray for understanding.

Again...I pray.

ashley said...

I will pray for Ivy and for all whose lives are touched by this be covered in God's love and sweet mercy.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive