Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Swim Meet for The Middles!!!!

Ruby-4601-2Edit

For the summer I get to be a "Swim Team Mom!"  I have to say, for a super fan that gets to yell really loud at sporting events where her children are participating, this is the place for me!!!!  Ruby and Sienna made me one proud spectator today!!!!  Their first meet, and they did so great!!!  Sienna won her heat in the back stroke, and Ruby won her heat in the butterfly!  They did their very best in the breast stroke, and before they could finish off their day with freestyle the meet was called for weather!

Ruby-4603Sapphire

I learned from some of the other Mom's that the young kids often get "Dis-Qualified" for touching the rope, or not doing the stroke right...  That did happen today to the girls..!!  They took it in stride, and we decided we would go to "DQ" to celebrate completing their first swim meet!

Sisters-4610Edit

My favorite moment of the day...  When Ruby finished her first and third race, her biggest fan was the one waiting at the edge of the pool for her...  She wiggled her way in there to be the first one to say "Way to Go Ruby!!!"  Yep, it made me tear up!!!

Sisters-4625Edit

Best Quote of the day was from Sienna when Ruby was grumbling about doing the breast-stroke... "Ruby, you have to swim it to win it!!"  Wise words from the big sister!!

Sienna-4618Edit

I think I am going to like these crazy Wednesdays!!!  Congrats Sienna and Ruby!!!  We are so proud of you for helping your team!!

Sienna-4632Edit



12 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

They are SO CUTE!!! And I love the advice..."You have to swim it to win it".

Looks like everyone enjoyed the first meet......the photos are fabulous!! I hope you will be "bringing us along" to more of the girls swim meets.

That shot of Ruby coming up from the water is my FAV!!

Have a great week Diana!!

xo,

Lisa

JulieM said...

Love all the blue and bright colors ... summer is here! What a precious bond those two have and precious advice! Happy Summer ... enjoy your four sweet girls!
Blessings
Julie

Andy and Sheryl said...

What a sweet sister moment! Love these pictures. I agree with Lisa...more, please!

3 Peanuts said...

Swim team is fun right? It is not as fun inside during the school year though...(will's). Sound like the girls did great and I love the photos. So sweet of Sienna cheering Ruby on like that!

Bridget said...

Love those little swimmers!!! Glad their first meet went well! Love all of the pictures and all of the encouragement! Can't wait to swim with yup guys one of these days! Miss you!

Unknown said...

They are so very cute! I love that second photo the best but cheering her sister on wins my heart! What a fun summer event!

Stefanie said...

Love to see your girls doing so well and enjoying themselves! And WOW, these pics are awesome, Di! That picture of Ruby in her goggles is stunning!!
oxoxo,
Stefanie

snekcip said...

Great action shot and BIRDSEYE view of Ruby "doing her thang"! Go Ruby and Sienna!!! Great job girls!!!

Ruthie said...

Love the second shot! We have swim meets on Thursday night here! Great photos!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Love your post~ beautiful photos of the swim meet~ colorful! So happy the girls did so well~ precious encouragers!!! Blessings! XO

Cindy M said...

That second shot is magazine worthy! All are fantastic, though...great colors!

jennifer said...

These are all so precious! What a great summer your girls are having!! I'm so proud of them!!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive