Sunday, June 24, 2012
{Sunday Snapshot} Sapphire Blue
I know I posted this photo of Ruby the other day.. Thank you for your comments about it.. It's always fun to get one special picture from an event! I am so thankful for this blog for many reasons. But, mostly because it gives me the opportunity to document special days, special words, and special moments with our family and friends... This picture is special to me because Ruby was very hesitant about her first swim meet... But, I think this smile says it all... With some sisterly encouragement from Sienna, and her supportive team she jumped in that pool with a little more confidence than she had on the bus ride over!! All we ever ask from our kids is that they do their best.... And, she did!
I processed this photo with Florabella's Sapphire action. It is the exact same action I used on one of my favorite pool photos of Emme Jade from China last summer!! It's my favorite action for turquoise!! In some ways the emotions of these two little girls was the same... A little hesitant at first, and then all smiles!
August, 2011
Photography continues to be a passion and a journey for me... It started when we were preparing to bring Ruby home in 2007... Thanks to some gifted friends, and amazing teachers like Lisa I continue learn and to push myself... And, thanks to my supportive husband and kids I get to practice a lot!!!! I will always be a work in progress (in many ways)... But, hopefully along the way I will continue to get a few favorite photos as I build a book of memories for my kids!!
This photo of Ruby Mei was taken with my Nikon D700.
Exposure ~ 1/1000
Aperture ~ f3.5
ISO ~ 200
Focal Length ~ 200mm
If you want to check out some more special photos, go to Stef's "Sunday Snapshot".. And while you are there please pray for the family in Ghana who has been falsely accused of child traffic-ing!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(153)
-
▼
June
(12)
- Sienna's Dental Surgery...
- TWO Yellow Ribbons Today!!
- "My, How You've Grown!"
- {Sunday Snapshot} Sapphire Blue
- First Swim Meet for The Middles!!!!
- Happy Father's Day!!!!
- Ainsley's Birthday Party!
- 13 and 11 Years Ago....
- Summer!!!!
- Their First Dance Recital!
- Sunday Snapshot {Totally Pushed Out of My Comfort ...
- She's In Sixth Grade!!!!
-
▼
June
(12)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
-
2012
(153)
- December(12)
- November(16)
- October(14)
- September(6)
- August(10)
- July(11)
-
June(12)
- Sienna's Dental Surgery...
- TWO Yellow Ribbons Today!!
- "My, How You've Grown!"
- {Sunday Snapshot} Sapphire Blue
- First Swim Meet for The Middles!!!!
- Happy Father's Day!!!!
- Ainsley's Birthday Party!
- 13 and 11 Years Ago....
- Summer!!!!
- Their First Dance Recital!
- Sunday Snapshot {Totally Pushed Out of My Comfort ...
- She's In Sixth Grade!!!!
- May(13)
- April(12)
- March(16)
- February(13)
- January(18)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)





14 comments:
It's a beautiful shot of a fabulous moment Diana. I love it!
This is such a great shot!!! She looks so proud.
Beautiful!
Have a good week!c
WOW- awesome shot on that first one.
Prayers for that family- so hard to hear that these things happen. Deeply saddened.
Awesome Colors, they are SO vibrant.
Emma
I remember when Emme Jade wore that in China!! So sweet. And, great shot of Ruby!
Awesome capture!
And way to go Ruby!!!
So love this one!!! Also I am so very proud of Ruby for giving it her all when she was a little scared!!! You go girl!!!!
So glad you decided to share this one again, Diana! It is such a great shot of your incredibly beautiful Ruby :)
Happy Sunday, sweet friend!
Gorgeous color! What a fun capture.
This is just an amazing shot!!! Love that blue and that smile priceless:)
Di - what a great photo of Ruby. Spectacular color! I'm signed up to take Lisa's class starting next month. I can't wait!
tracy
Beautiful picture of Ms Ruby! Looks like the middles had a wonderful time at their first swim meet.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!
LOVE this photo of Ruby! My how are little girls are growing up! Thank you for sharing your blog with all of us Diana, you have truly blessed us in more ways than you will ever know!!!
Have a wonderful week:)
God Bless,
Diane