Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Very Special Anniversary and Snow Day!



RubyBlanket-0871-Crop

It's not often a Minnesota child can say their school was closed because of snow.   But today was the golden ticket for many kids in our area..  Very early this morning school delays and cancellations were being reported throughout the state.   Like most children, our kids were thrilled with this news.  Especially Ainsley who dodged a math test for one more day!!

But the real reason that this day is special for our family is because six years ago, Jeff and I received the news that would change our lives in such an incredible way..  We found out that we had a beautiful daughter waiting for us in the Jiangxi Province of China.  Her name was Yue Meng Ru, she was in foster care, and she was only 7 months old.  Our social worker started our call by telling us our little girl was worth the wait!!!!  Amy had no idea how true that prophetic statement would prove to be! March 5th, 2007 will forever be one of the happiest days in our life as a couple.  We remember every detail of that day...  It's a story we hold dear to our hearts, and a story that we love to share with one precious little 6 year old.  At the time, we had no idea how God would use adoption in our lives.  It has been a journey full of blessings!  Ruby Mei fits her name perfectly..  She is precious and beautiful!  And, we are so thankful she was chosen to be ours!

Ruby-6Years-0859-Referral-Blog

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
1Samuel 1:27


11 comments:

Paige said...

I so remember following along when you all traveled to bring Ruby home, we received Madeline's referral just 6 months later. Such a special precious girl your sweet Ruby is!! I truly can't believe what God has done in all our lives just by saying yes, thankful is not a strong enough word.
Love you!!!

Ani said...

Love that first picture of Ruby surrounded by snow - its beautiful!
Happy referral day to your family!

quilt'n-mama said...

I love the picture of Ruby in the snow! And I remember well the Monday night prayer calls and referral of your beautiful girl! Happy referral day!

snekcip said...

Love RUBY in the snow!! Happy SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY Ruby!!!

Unknown said...

Love these photos...she is so beautiful!!! What a very special day to remember!

Jennifer said...

Has it really been six years??? Happy Anniversary, sweet Ruby!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO SO precious!Happy Ruby Day... we celebrate EK Day in 20 days!!! Blessings and love!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Seems like yesterday I followed along on your journey. I can not believe it has been six years. We had just become DTC and I was hanging on every word, imagining what our journey would be like and how long we would have to wait for our precious daughter?!
Ruby is as beautiful today as she was in that first picture I saw of her on myadoption website. :) Enjoy your very special day!!

Amy said...

I can't believe it has been 6 years. Where does time go. It seems like just last year that I was following your journey to Ruby and waiting for my journey to my girl. Your journey gave me so much hope. Happy Family Day

jennifer said...

Looks like Miss Ruby stole many hearts on her journey home...including mine!! Love you both!!

Catherine said...

So blessed! What a wonderful day of answered prayers!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive