Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thanksgiving in KY!
Ruby Mei's First Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a great Thanksgiving visiting Jeff's family in KY for the weekend. We were blessed with on-time flights, and a smooth trip! The girls did great! Ainsley was such a huge help with Ruby. Some of you know that Ruby had been sick prior to our trip. We got the all clear that she could travel about three hours before departure. She was incredible the whole weekend!
We love spending time with Jeff's family. Our two nephews are great boys (OK - young men now!) and we love catching up with them. We also love seeing them with our girls. They are so good to them. Ainsley was old enough this visit to drive with Jake to pick up Evan at work, and to hang out with Aunt Tina to help her cook for Thanksgiving. Honestly, I can't believe how much they have all grown up in just one year. When I met Evan, he was Ainsley's age!
Prior to Thanksgiving Ainsley and I were watching Martha Stewart's show on the Food Network when she was preparing her turkey. We got all sorts of tips, and we were excited to make the turkey this year. Arlene was kind enough to let us take over her kitchen. I am happy to report that I have a budding chef in my house, and our turkey was delicious!!!! I think Martha's secret is the cheese cloth she covers the bird with! I think it was one of the prettiest turkey's I have ever cooked and served!
While in KY we had the opportunity to introduce Ruby and Ainsley to Jeff's Great Aunt Joyce and his second cousin Debbie. So amazing to see three generations together! We also got to introduce Ruby to Jeff's Aunt Mary and Uncle Mike, and his three cousins and their families. All of these special people supported us throughout our journey to Ruby Mei so it was extra special to see them this year!
Jeff and I feel blessed to have such supportive and wonderful people in our family. Being apart is hard. Especially, while the kids are so young. But, we are grateful for the opportunities to get together. We cherish the memories that we make during each visit! I am sure one of them that will be taken away from this trip, will be Uncle Jeff being the first one to go out in Monopoly! He recovered well and spent the rest of the game time building roller coasters and playing Princess with Ainsley on the Wii!
I hope you all had a memorable Thanksgiving too!
Blessings, Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(91)
-
▼
November
(15)
- Blessed to have lifelong friends!
- Thankful Thursday!
- A Visit with Santa!
- The Pearl and the Ruby Making Music...
- Let There Be Music & An Important Life Lesson Today!
- Thanksgiving in KY!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ruby Mei's Dedication Day!
- Our little Pilgrim had a big day!!!!
- A day in the life with Her Rubiness!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Bedtime.....
- Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
- 'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
November
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
-
2007
(91)
- December(12)
-
November(15)
- Blessed to have lifelong friends!
- Thankful Thursday!
- A Visit with Santa!
- The Pearl and the Ruby Making Music...
- Let There Be Music & An Important Life Lesson Today!
- Thanksgiving in KY!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ruby Mei's Dedication Day!
- Our little Pilgrim had a big day!!!!
- A day in the life with Her Rubiness!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Bedtime.....
- Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
- 'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...
- Thankful Thursday!
- October(17)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(9)
- June(5)
- April(4)
- March(4)

13 comments:
Thank you for sharing your lovely Thanksgiving memories. So glad Ruby was okay to travel and hope she's loads better now.
It is hard being apart from family. It's so important to make the most of the time together and it looks like you did!
Love,
Lisa
that is one goegeous turkey! Oh, the family is pretty nice looking as well. Glad you had a good time catching up.
Great looking bird. I love Martha.
Sounds great! Your turkey looked great too.
What a magnificent holiday! Ainsley is such a sweet spirit and so incredibly talented - good for her for exploring her love of cooking. And Ruby Mei, what a little trooper, how blessed for her to meet her relatives and for them to be in her presence.
Beautiful pictures, so happy you were able to be close to those you love even if for a short while.
Hoping Ruby is feeling well.
Heather
Looks like a wonderful, memory-filled Thanksgiving for your family. So thankful that Ruby was feeling well enough to travel and that the actual traveling went well. How precious that you and Ainsley were able to make the turkey together. It really was a beautiful turkey!
That is the best turkey picture EVER! Did you have a food sylist handy? or Martha Stewart?
Hayley
p.s. we just got our referral!!!
Wow! Your turkey looks perfect! It looks like you had a great time.
Gorgeous bird and beautiful girls! I am so glad that the trip went well!! Hugs,
Kim
Your Thanksgiving photos were beautiful! Ok, I am dying to know if the Wii is a good purchase for a little girl? I am thinking of buying one for Paige for Christmas. Did Ainsley enjoy it?
Thanks!
yes of course you can link to us! Your blog is one of my favorites! Did you know Piper has that awesome Biscotti dress like Ruby's? I cant wait to take photos of her in it for the holidays!
Hayley
Mum to Piper and Paisley!
Great pics! I love the Holidays and getting together with family. Especially introducing the generations. I'm a KY gal too. Born and raised in Shelbyville (in a teeny tiny town called Waddy). See if Jeff knows where that is!
Hope Ruby is better. We all were really sick over the holiday.
Ahhhh!! You were in KY!! We are in KY!! :) Glad you all had a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving!!