Wednesday, November 28, 2007
A Visit with Santa!
Well, let's just say there was absolutely no way 'Her Rubiness' was going to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas! In fact, Mom is in the picture (Scanner not working today) on Santa's lap just so we have Ruby on film near him! Poor thing was absolutely beside herself about Jolly Old Saint Nick! On the other hand Ainsley and her best friend Katie had a fabulous time talking Santa's ear off. All I heard was "My Little Pet Shop," and "Hannah Montana Guitar" when asked what would you like me to bring you this year!!!! Thankfully, no puppy, laptop or cell phone requests!
I also want to say that once again I had a wonderful time being with the girls at the mall. If you recall our last shopping trip was to the Mall of America/Nordstroms with these two fashion Divas! They did not disappoint last night as we took on Gymboree. What struck me the most is how much they have matured even in one year. When they were on Santa's lap my mind went to the two of them meeting at 6 months old. One brown eyed, and one blue eyed.... both special!
Without getting into details these two big sisters took on three very "bossy" kids at Gymboree who would not give Ruby a little chair to sit in. They both took it personally and expressed to me, and the Gymboree sales clerk, how "rude" those kids were! Wasn't it yesterday that they were both screaming "MINE" to each other!!
A few of my favorite quotes from Ainsley and Katie last night:
1. " Miss Di, you know when you love a pair of shoes so much it doesn't matter if they fit! You just want to take them home anyway!" This was Katie defending Ainsley who wanted me to buy the matching shoes Katie was wearing even if they were one size too big, and she was shuffling around the store in them!
2. "Miss Di, I love the way God made me and I love the way he made Ainsley too!"
3. "Katie, if anyone ever makes fun of Ruby because she might look Chinese when she is older, will you help me take care of her?" Katie's response, "Ainsley if we are babysitting Ruby and Madison and that happens, first we should call your Mom! Then we should tell whoever is making fun of Ruby to stop it!" "And besides, I think Chinese people are beautiful!"
Oh, I just love the beautiful hearts of these two precious six year olds!! What a blessing it is for me to be a part of both of their lives! I am so grateful that they will be together to take on the world and anyone who may think of picking on their little sisters!
Blessings,
"Miss Di"
I also want to say that once again I had a wonderful time being with the girls at the mall. If you recall our last shopping trip was to the Mall of America/Nordstroms with these two fashion Divas! They did not disappoint last night as we took on Gymboree. What struck me the most is how much they have matured even in one year. When they were on Santa's lap my mind went to the two of them meeting at 6 months old. One brown eyed, and one blue eyed.... both special!
Without getting into details these two big sisters took on three very "bossy" kids at Gymboree who would not give Ruby a little chair to sit in. They both took it personally and expressed to me, and the Gymboree sales clerk, how "rude" those kids were! Wasn't it yesterday that they were both screaming "MINE" to each other!!
A few of my favorite quotes from Ainsley and Katie last night:
1. " Miss Di, you know when you love a pair of shoes so much it doesn't matter if they fit! You just want to take them home anyway!" This was Katie defending Ainsley who wanted me to buy the matching shoes Katie was wearing even if they were one size too big, and she was shuffling around the store in them!
2. "Miss Di, I love the way God made me and I love the way he made Ainsley too!"
3. "Katie, if anyone ever makes fun of Ruby because she might look Chinese when she is older, will you help me take care of her?" Katie's response, "Ainsley if we are babysitting Ruby and Madison and that happens, first we should call your Mom! Then we should tell whoever is making fun of Ruby to stop it!" "And besides, I think Chinese people are beautiful!"
Oh, I just love the beautiful hearts of these two precious six year olds!! What a blessing it is for me to be a part of both of their lives! I am so grateful that they will be together to take on the world and anyone who may think of picking on their little sisters!
Blessings,
"Miss Di"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(91)
-
▼
November
(15)
- Blessed to have lifelong friends!
- Thankful Thursday!
- A Visit with Santa!
- The Pearl and the Ruby Making Music...
- Let There Be Music & An Important Life Lesson Today!
- Thanksgiving in KY!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ruby Mei's Dedication Day!
- Our little Pilgrim had a big day!!!!
- A day in the life with Her Rubiness!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Bedtime.....
- Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
- 'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
November
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
-
2007
(91)
- December(12)
-
November(15)
- Blessed to have lifelong friends!
- Thankful Thursday!
- A Visit with Santa!
- The Pearl and the Ruby Making Music...
- Let There Be Music & An Important Life Lesson Today!
- Thanksgiving in KY!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ruby Mei's Dedication Day!
- Our little Pilgrim had a big day!!!!
- A day in the life with Her Rubiness!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Bedtime.....
- Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
- 'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...
- Thankful Thursday!
- October(17)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(9)
- June(5)
- April(4)
- March(4)

14 comments:
Miss Di,
Those have to be some of the cutest quotes I've ever heard. What honesty. What innocence. What candor. Awesome!
I am glad you and the girls had lots of fun and am not at all surprised there aren't any pictures of Ruby with Santa.
Kisses for all the girls, including baby Madison.
Love,
Lisa
Oh Miss Di - how sweet was your evening with these little girls??? Thanks for sharing all of that happy stuff with us - you made my morning:)
Poor little Ruby, maybe the big bearded guy will be more appealing next year.
And yes, ice cream does make everything better!!
Heather
Such sweet quotes. Those 2 little girls are definitely beautiful, INSIDE and out.
I took Olivia to see Santa & she was very unhappy about it. I will post the pics on our blog once family & friends receive our Christmas cards...wanted it to be a surprise :) Your girls are the cutest!
what amazing and insightful little 6 year olds, love them!! Ruby is lucky to have Ainsley as a big sister. Maybe Santa will be more appealing next year :D
What precious comments from the girls. I soooo agree with Katie on the shoe comment :0) Ainsley's haircut is too cute! I haven't attempted to take the girls to see Santa yet, maybe this weekend. I can't wait to see how Mylee reacts to him.
Blessings!
Valorie
Oh, I just love the ramblings between little girlfriends. Those were the sweetest. Sounds like Ruby won't have a thing to worry about, as she has some fierce protectors!
Adorable photos : )
That shoe comment is absolutely priceless! And oh so true.
And how sweet that they are ready to defend Ruby. Everyone needs a couple big sisters like that. ;)
They are too sweet! The shoe comment is so funny...and true! Thanks for sharing.
Karen
Miss Di,
I am totally calling yout that from now on....LOVE the quotes the best! So adorable!!!!
I still forced my screaming babies (will and H) onto Santa's lap or in his area for one quick photo but I am not sure that I'll be able to make Kate do it. I don't want to scar her for life:) It is ALWAYS that 2nd Christmas they are afraid.
Kim
This is so precious! I just love quote #3. These girls are the greatest!
I was a mean mom with my son and made poor Santa hold my crying child (when he was 2). :) But, I don't think I could have done it to sweet Ruby either! Such great pictures and sweet memories!
TOO PRECIOUS!!! One day when she is all grown up you will look back on this memory and have sweet smiles!!!!
How sweet are those girls! Your heart must have been ready to burst. The pics are so cute.
I have a year where I am on Santa's lap with Bryce and Braden, too.