Saturday, February 9, 2008

Madison Update and Random Family Stuff...

Piper - Exhausted after a day of beauty!

Spirit Week kicks off with Fleece & Flannel Day!

Purple Day!

Crazy Hair Day!

Happy Year of the Rat!!

A very Lucky Mama!!!

Hi!
I am happy to report that Big Sister Katie just got dropped off at our house after visiting her baby sister!  Madison did very well overnight.  They are keeping her sedated to moderate movement and pain.  But, thankfully, her vitals are good and the doctors are pleased with her condition so far!  She will remain in the NICU until she is off the ventilator.  Julie sounds exhausted but so relieved to have this major milestone behind them.  I am hoping to spend some time with her at the hospital tomorrow.


Last night Jeff and I volunteered at the Stephen Curtis Chapman Concert for America World.  Our role was to help collect "change" for his "Show Hope" ministry which raises money to help orphans around the world.  Our team helped Stephen raise almost $12,000 last night!  With these funds he will be able to offer grants of up to $3000-$4000 for families who are in the process of adoption.  He gifted a family last night with $4000 for their pending adoption.  It was awesome to be a part of it!  And, a reminder of how blessed Jeff and I feel to be part of the adoption community!  Here is also the link to our Adoption Agency.  We also got to take in the concert which was fabulous.  He played one of the songs we had at our wedding, which we now think of as part of our "Red Thread Story."   Never could we have imagined what a journey God would take us on as a couple almost 10 years ago.  We are so grateful He did!!


Ainsley had such a fun week showing her CHA spirit that I had to include a few pictures today.  I am also including a few other fun shots from our busy week.  Thanks again for your prayers for Baby Madison!  They are being heard and answered!!!!


Blessings,
Diana

9 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Such vivid, fun pictures!!! Glad to hear Miss Madison is doing well. What a sweet little trooper...Still praying...

We were asked if we wanted to man the Show Hope booth at the SCC concert next Friday in Austin. Would LOVE to but Don is gone all next week and I can't leave Lindy. Maybe another time. I am sure it'll be a great night and love knowing people aren't just thinking about what pure religion is but actually doing something about it by opening up hearts and wallets.

Happy weekend!

xoxo,
L

AmyO said...

Love your matching outfits! So cute for CNY :)

Many blessings to Madison :)

Denise said...

Love the red outfit! I had the privilege of watching Ruby's video at Kim's last night...made me cry. You did a wonderful job. I can't believe that I will be in China next month meeting our daughter~

3 Peanuts said...

Diana,

Sounds like such a special night helping at the concert. How wonderful to be a part of that.

So glad Madison is doing well. We're praying.

Love the spirit pictures of Ainsley.

Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all of your new pictures! I love the purple outfits that Ruby and Ainsley have on! Too cute! I also just LOVE the last picture of you with your girls! That is such a great picture of all of you!

I am so glad to hear that Madison is doing well and I will certainly continue to pray for her!

Heather said...

Diana - your family is a picture - just beautiful. Love the spirit pictures and your doggie is too cute!

What an incredible experience to work with a ministry like Show Hope. SCC has a pretty huge place in our hearts too, so happy for you that you were there and able to help bless so many.

Little Madison continues to boost all of our spirits as we pray for her and see the Lord moving. May she keep up all the great progress.

Have a nice week.
Heather

Ashton said...

How CUTE!!!! i LOVE the dog it was so sweet!!! Ainsley and Ruby are precious- I love your chinese outfits!!

jennifer said...

So glad Madison is doing well. THe pictures are adorable, as always.

We are going to SCC's concert this weekend. I cannot wait!! One of his songs was sung at our wedding, as well. I'll bet it was the same one!

Tracy said...

Love the pics. You have such happy girls.

How cool that Steven Curtis Chapman played a song from your wedding - and like you said - who would have ever known that you would have taken this journey? That is how I feel when I look back, too with our Asian-themed wedding!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive