Sunday, January 4, 2009

A few more...





A few more pics from the weekend that I wanted to add.  I have had no time to touch any of these up.  The outdoor lighting is tough when the snow is flat, and sun is not really shining...  Lots to learn in 2009, including Photoshop!!!!

P.S:  If anyone has any tips for helping us to get Ruby to stay in her crib at bedtime, I am all ears...  She continues to want to get out (which she can easily do) and control the situation...  When she finally decides (on her terms) to stay she sleeps through the night unless she has a bad dream..  Which seems to be a lot lately!!!  Our strong willed & "moderate" sleeper continues to live up to her reputation!  :)  *We tried a "big girl" bed at the cabin with the same results.  Ugh...

10 comments:

Christy said...

Im sorry you are having to deal with the escape artist but sadly I have no suggestions. Mia has not tried to escape yet. I love the pictures and think they are great. I too have a lot of learning to do on photography in 2009. I love it!! How is your D90 doing? Do you enjoy it?? I have the D60 and for Christmas I got myself the Tamron 18-250 lens and I just love it. I love having an all in one lens-- way cool!! Have a great week!!

Christy :)

Kelsey said...

Hi Diana.
I found your blog somehow and I've been reading it, it's wonderful!

I'm a nanny to a 3 yr old and I've been with her since 16 months old. When she started to climb out of the crib, she wanted complete control over the situation. Her mom actually found out through accident that she was terrified of the house alarm that went off one day. She told her that if she didn't stay in her crib, the alarm would go off. When she heard little feet the next day, she set the alarm off and Adriana climbed right back into her crib.

She has recently gotten a big girl bed and she likes to get up from time to time. We started a sticker chart on the wall and at the end of two weeks if she has a sticker for staying in her bed each night, than she gets to do something really special. For instance two weeks ago it was seeing Santa and before that it was that she got to have a picnic with her friends. We have to remind her each night before bed and get her excited about the sticker, but it's worked so far!

Hope this has helped. Your daughters are beautiful.

Love Being A Nonny said...

After trying EVERYTHING, I childproofed her room, put a gate on her door, and she fell asleep by the gate every night until she learned we weren't getting her. Those were some trying times, but she has a baby of her own now....this too shall pass!!! Beautiful girls!

emilyb said...

Diana,

The "getting out of the crib/bed" dilemma- not a fun time right???
My son Preston who is 4 now started climbing out of his crib when he was 2 yrs. 4 months. Well, I jumped the gun, bought a bed and we tried to put him in it. He was terrified and wanted nothing to do with the "big" bed. He was so scared of the big boy bed that we put back up the crib (which Jeff, my DH, had just spent 2 hours taking down). We put Preston back in the crib and he never climbed out again and we actually had to push him to give up the crib when I was pregnant and he was almost 4 yrs. old!!He seemed to realize if he didn't climb out of his crib, he didn't have to move to the big boy bed. He did make the transition well this past May after LOTS of preparation and discussion. Even now he is a VERY early riser and we have had to have a reward system if he stays in his bed. His current reward is watching a show that he likes when he gets up. So maybe if you have a reward (i.e. bribe :)) for Ruby, that could help? This is not really a solution to your specific situation but I thought I would share the story. It is not a fun time and I look forward to seeing others suggestions for you. Although I'm sure you can't stay mad at precious little Ruby long, with that beautiful smile of hers!!! Good Luck!

Emily

Joanne said...

I think putting up the gate and not taking her out for anything (even if she's crying) - try the Ferber method (check on her after 5 min, then 10 min, then 15 min - but do not take her out of her room) and she will eventually fall asleep; either on the floor or back in her bed. She needs to know you are serious and she has to stay in her room and it is bedtime...good luck. It is by no means easy, but she will get the idea after a few nights.

Ani said...

This may sound horrible, but it works: check out the crib tents.

emilyb said...

Diana,

It's me again :) I checked back because I'm very interested in seeing suggestions. The gate is a great idea- we did use that at some point with Preston. Although one more bit of advice, we did have to use 2 gates- one on top of the other, as Preston would find things in his room to use as a stool (like a storage basket, his laundry basket upside down,etc.) to stand on and climb over the gate when we had just one. It seems like a jail cell but it helped to have 2. Best of Luck!
Emily

Leslie said...

Happy New Year Diana, your weekend looks wonderful. I am back to blogging for a while and wanted to say hi. Good luck with the crib, we took ours down after Myah climbed out of it, thankfully she likes her big girl bed, at first it was several trips upstairs to put her back in it though. She seemed to stay in better when Daddy would put her to bed ( the voice of authority). We turned on special music for her too, and a nightlight and it seemed to help. Good luck!

Erin said...

One thing I have heard of is a tent that goes over the crib. You could maybe dress it up and tell her it is her "castle"?! My son never attempted to crawl out of his crib, but I have a feeling my 2 year old daughter will be attempting it soon. She doesn't have any fear! :)

Adam said...

We have some friends who also have the crib tent with great success. Here's one at Babies R Us: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404625

For us, when the time comes, I figure I'll just tip the crib upside down ;-)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive