Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Special Call, Two Years Ago...

Referral Photo for Yue Meng Ru







By this time in the morning two years ago, I knew that we were going to find out about out new daughter.  I had already cried the tears of joy you cry when your prayers are answered.  Little did I know that morning just how faithful God had been to us.  Little did I know that the little girl He chose to be ours would bring us so much joy.  Little did I know that adoption would become a passion that would change me forever.  Little did I know that our new daughter's smile and contagious personality would touch so many.  Three little words changed our lives forever that day.  They were.... Yue Meng Ru!

Yesterday I was blessed to have "Tea with Ruby."  Or as she would tell you, she was blessed to have "Tea with the Queen."  It was one of those days where I put the distractions aside, (other than the Nikon D90) and joyfully participated in her world.  My observations were that we have one very happy little girl.  One who's favorite color is pink, her favorite animal is a "pink" horse, and her favorite show is "Ni Hao Kai-Lan."  When I asked her if she was happy, she smiled and said, "yes Mama.."  When I told her how much I loved her, she graciously asked me if I would like more tea...  It was a sweet time to pause and marvel at the gift that was given to me.  And a sweet time to realize how well she has bonded and adjusted here.  We love her with all our hearts.  Truly to the China moon and back!

These photos are just a sampling of what a special tea party I was invited too!

Thank you Ruby for another year of blessings.  And, thank you God for answering our prayers that she would be safe and protected, loved, healthy, and happy so faithfully!  And, thank you for the lessons I am learning through this precious child!  

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
~1Samuel 1:27

Love, 
"The Queen"

13 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post. And those pictures!

Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful memories. I think of you every time we read Tea with Ruby!

LynnieB said...

What a wonderful tribute to Ruby! I have followed your journey for so so long. I feel like I know her so well and wish I did. :) Enjoy your day -

Sharon said...

I remember looking at your blog and marveling at what I still believe is the prettiest girl from China!! Those lips and eyes..!!! What a day to celebrate!

Lee said...

We have such blessings, don't we? I will always remember the tingles down my spine and the tears in my eyes when we got your email in China. Ruby is amazing, and sharing this journey with you has been a treasured gift.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Did you EVER dream your daughter would be this beautiful??????????

3 Peanuts said...

Congratulations on this special anniversary. What a way to celebrate your time together by having "Tea with Ruby." I love it. I remember that day and talking to you. Isn't it amazing how God molded us for these little girls and how he ignited a passion in us for adoption?

I am so glad that God brought our families together. I love your family and our friendship. I love that tea set too (we have it as well).

Love,
Kim

Stefanie said...

What a precious gift she is! God IS the most wonderful gift-giver, isn't HE???
Happy Ruby Day!

candice said...

I don't comment much, but read your blog ALL the time.
I just had to say how much I loved this post. Ruby is so precious and referral day is the 2nd biggest day in the adoption process (first being gotcha day, of course!)so this is a special anniversary for you!

We actually just received a referral this week for our daughter who was born in Korea... it was such a wonderful day and I will never forget how we felt when we first saw her picture!

Have a wonderful day!!!

W,M,M,A Davis said...

Happy Referral Anniversary! Can you believe it's been two years! And Ruby looks beautiful in pink!

Dan and Karen said...

Ruby Mei, I hope you know you have touched more hearts than just your Mommy & Daddy's and Ainsley's. I remember with great joy the day your beautiful picture appeared on your blog and I followed every step of your Mom and Dad's journey to get you.

We are so glad and honored to know you! What a wonderful anniversary to clebrate!

Karen

PS Ruby, Can you teach Danika how to keep hair bows in her hair? :-)

Julia said...

These photos are so beautiful, you capture both of your girls so wonderfully through your photos.

AmyO said...

What an amazing 2 years! Your family is beautiful in so many ways ;0)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive