Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Pearl's First Speech!!

Ainsley had her first Public Speech last week. The assignment was to to speak for 3-5 minutes on someone famous. Ainsley chose Princess Diana. Jeff and I were even invited to come and listen to her talk about the "People's Princess!" She new her subject, and she did a great job! She practiced so much with Sienna and Ruby as her audience that even Ruby can tell you where Lady Di is from, and what her sister's names are!!!

Today she received her grade... 21/21! = A+ in my grade book!!! Way to go Ainsley! Your hard work paid off and we are so proud of you! We look forward to more public speaking appearances in your future.


16 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Way to go Ainsley. Preparation always pays off! 21/21 -- Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Congrtaulations Ainsley,
Though we didn't get to hear your speech, with your props, we certainly learned alot about your subject. Princess Di was an interesting person in history, but you will always be our princess.
Love
Grandma & Grandpa Edwards

Love Being A Nonny said...

Somehow, I am not surprised that she did a great job. She seems to have such a great personality!!! What a doll she is! Is she doing any more acting?

Wendy said...

Good job, Ainsley! She looks like she had lots of poise and confidence.

jennifer said...

Whoo Hoo!! Yay Ainsley!! Great choice!

Denise said...

Way to go Ainsley!! Oh just thinking about giving speeches makes me feel sweaty and nauseous!!

Jenn said...

Way to go Ainsley! How fun!

elizabeth said...

Great topic choice and great job! That's nice that her school is starting the students on public speaking projects at a young age. I'm sure it will make it easier when having to present at the high school and college level. As a side note, I keep seeing her "It's a cow" commercial on tv =)

3 Peanuts said...

Way to go Ainsley! That is awesome. You have the grace of Princess Di:)

snekcip said...

Ainsley you are AWESOME!!! Good job!!

Tracy said...

Way to go, Ainsley! Awesome subject, too. I was just thinking of Princess Di today for some reason, too.

Tracy said...

By the way, I see her ad all the time (the birthday party one) when I watch 90210 - LOL.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh. I could almost throw up just thinking about it :) Ainsley looks like she didn't mind a bit - and I love the crown for the extra visual affect - I think she has a future!

Way to go, Ainsley!

Big Happy Family said...

Hi Ainsley, Nice job! I love your crown! Princess Diana was a great subject to pick. See you soon!

Dan and Karen said...

Ainsley,

I would love to hear your speech sometime. I remember staying up ALL night long to watch her wedding on TV when I was in high school.

Congratulations on doing such a great job!

Karen

Bridget said...

Way to go Ainsley!!! I love princess Di! I would love to hear your speech - I know it was great!!! Somebody sure misses you and is counting down the days until she sees you:)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive