Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pre-School Finale!!


In some cases photos and videos tell the story much better than I ever could. In summary, Ruby and Sienna had their final day at pre-school program yesterday. Next year it will be graduation... But, in many ways this was probably more profound than that will ever be. Jeff and I watched our two youngest daughters proudly march in carrying their American Flags singing their hearts out. One of them arrived on U.S. soil just 11 weeks ago. At the time she did not speak a word of English. She was scared and unsure. Yesterday she was confident, focused and so excited to be in her first concert. And, as for her language... she knew the words and the actions to every song.... Amazing! Both, have won the hearts and respect of their loving teachers, Mrs. Rebecca and Mrs. Kathy! Were there some tears shed... Yes, by the parents sitting in the front row! And, possibly those very special teachers too....







13 comments:

jennifer said...

WhooHoo!! I can't believe it was only 11 weeks ago!! Look at her!! That is so amazing. How special for her to be up there with Ruby. I love that Ruby covers her ears when it's going to be loud and Sienna yells as loud as she can ;) Too cute!! I have Wesleigh sitting here as I watch and she was so excited to see them! I can't wait till August!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Your mommy heart must be so full! Both girls look so happy and confident... Loved the pic of their legs. So happy everyone is doing so well! :)

Stefanie said...

Sooooo sweet!
That smile on Sienna's face says it ALL :)

snekcip said...

Priceless! The girls sound like they are in a wonderful school w/wonderful teachers! I love the picc of the girls together in their cute dresses w/the shades!!! I just gotta ask...what were the kids singing that all of them had to have shades on? I just love pre-school/Kindy programs! The kids are just too cute as they belt out their tunes, but what's even more special, I just love the way they search for you in the audience and wave like mad!!! Gotta love it!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Di!!! I cannot believe how far the Lord has brought her. Oh wait...yes I can! He can do all things. Amazing. I love her dinosaur roar!!! And I love how Ruby is covering her ears...that would be Kate too:)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Laurie said...

Darling, darling, darling! The video was such a joy to watch. Ruby reminded me of my Allison, who would also cover her ears and complain, "This music is TOO loud!" Ha! :)

Wendy said...

Just precious!

Amazing that Sienna is adjusting and learning everything so quickly. Must be incredible to witness.

Love those dresses. Ruby and Sienna looked beautiful on their last day of school.

Big Happy Family said...

Loved the video! Sienna and Ruby you both look so beautiful! What a sweet pre-school finale!

runninggal said...

11 weeks! It almost seems like it was so much longer than that. Sienna has come so far in such a short time. I also marval at how your other girls have done soooooo much to help Sienna. I am sure with God's love and Ruby and Ainsley's help, that is why she has done so well.

Just think about the story you will tell in a year from now...WOW!


Sharyn

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Wow, I cant believe she up there singing her lungs out!! Just amazing!!

Loved the video so so cute!!

Hopsy said...

Oh my goodness! I just realized we go to the same church! Both my parents have given their Faith Stories at Wooddale- we just love it! Next time I am in MPLS I hope to run into you all!

the meaklims said...

I can feel your pride bursting through...and so you should be. Your girls are amazing and I am absolutely trilled that the Lord added little Sienna to your fmaily, she *SO* belongs with you.

Amazing.

Jill

W,M,M,A Davis said...

Too Cute!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive