Thursday, July 1, 2010
A Long Way From Hengshan...
There were so many special things about our time in Chicago. And, one of them was seeing Sienna and Shaelee together again. They will forever be "Tung Tung & Nadi", best friends from their home town of Hengshan, Hunan. If you are new visiting our blog, you will have to go to this post to understand. Watching them together is such a blessing... Two old friends with a unique and special history together. It's clear to see they love each other. It's a protective and safe friendship. So sweet and tender too... I found myself thinking while I was watching them on the beach about what they were doing this time last year.... They were in China with absolutely no idea they would soon be matched with their forever families. In a short time they would leave everything and everyone they knew. Even each other.... for a while.Shaelee has now been home for almost 8 months, and Sienna is coming up on four already. Sienna said to us at dinner tonight... "My Nadi" is home now too... I asked her if she thought, "Nadi" was happy. Sienna simply replied with a smile, "yes." That is apparent when you look at her with her Mom and sisters! Such a blessing to be a part of this amazing story!
In three days, these two brave and strong little girls will celebrate their first 4th of July in America. WOW!! I know one little girl who will be waving her country flag, and singing a special song that she learned at pre-school! And, I know a Mom who will tear up... again.
Thanks to Jill, Claire and Emily for extending your trip so "Tung Tung" could spend time with her very best pal! It was such a treat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
July
(16)
- A Photo Shoot with Ruby!
- Can you help some precious children today?
- Wordless Wednesday!!
- A Big Sunday for Ainsley!!
- Sienna's Birthday!
- Happy 5th Birthday Sienna Grace!
- Two Birthdays At Our House Today!
- For All our Texas Friends and Family!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Summer Days...
- Sienna Update...
- A Special Tribute...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- 4th Of July!
- Beach Day in Pictures!
- A Long Way From Hengshan...
-
▼
July
(16)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
-
July(16)
- A Photo Shoot with Ruby!
- Can you help some precious children today?
- Wordless Wednesday!!
- A Big Sunday for Ainsley!!
- Sienna's Birthday!
- Happy 5th Birthday Sienna Grace!
- Two Birthdays At Our House Today!
- For All our Texas Friends and Family!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Summer Days...
- Sienna Update...
- A Special Tribute...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- 4th Of July!
- Beach Day in Pictures!
- A Long Way From Hengshan...
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)











10 comments:
Love the BFF's pics.
Thankful that God found a way to bring these special little ones together. In China last summer, united again with the help of B and Lucy. I love those Hengshang buddies! Working on another play date for sure!
I love the pictures!!! What an amazing story of how the girls were best friends in China and are still friends here. Amazing how your families wwere brought together!!! God is just amazing!!!
Sharyn
These two are precious together!! What a sweet story they share. I'm so glad you had a great trip! I can't wait for ours!!!
love the pictures of Tung Tung & Nadi together. They both look so happy & beautiful - you'd never guess they've both been home such a short time! I think it is amazing that your families have agreed to nurture & continue their friendship from Hengshan to the USA....
PRECIOUS!
This post has brought so many tears to my eyes. BFF's 4-ever - I love it! Such lucky, lucky girls. What a beautiful story!
God is just so wonderful! This friendship btw the families was no doubt orchestrated and touched by Him. Wishing your family a WONDERFUL 4th of July and the (2) newest Americans a memorable one!
Adorable girls....beautiful story!! Life long friends!!
So precious to see them together! And what could be more fun than being at the beach with your BFF!
Oh Di~ what GORGEOUS photos of two very lovely and special little girls! I still get goosebumps when I think of the journey God led you through over the past year. He knew all along just where they belonged, and how special that they share such a neat bond, and you do, too! LOVE IT!! <><
Hugs,
Tanya