Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{Black & White Wednesday} Forever Our Baby...

Ruby-1BWBlushBLog

The other day I was driving Ainsley to school and the "littles" were with me. Ruby said, "Mom Ainsley told me that when Emme comes, I am not going to be the baby anymore..." Gathering my words I said, "But Ruby don't you remember we talked about this. Yes, it's true Emme will be the baby because she will be three when she comes home, and you will be 5. But, in my heart you will always be my baby." I looked in the rearview mirror and I saw her eyes looking down, and her bottom lip quivering.. It just broke my heart... Thankfully, I found the words to keep her from weeping while I was driving.. I talked about how it is finally Ruby's turn to be a big sister, and how amazing she is going to be at it!"

The truth of it is I can't wait for Ruby to be a big sister. She is so charming and loving. Our natural born leader will have no trouble stepping up to this very big job of big sister! I just know that Emme is going to think she hung the moon. I have no doubt Ruby will take this role very seriously! The first time I saw Emme's picture she reminded me of Ruby. They both seem to have that joyful spirit that one is born with. Not to take away from Sienna and Ainsley.. They will both have a very special role with their new baby sister too. But, they are "experts" at this big sister thing already! Emme Jade is going to have three very special big sisters fighting over her!

I closed this conversation with my sweet Ruby by saying.... "Ruby, Emme is going to be so blessed to have you as her sister... You are going to be amazing..." The sweetest part was Sienna and Ainsley agreed with me!!!

She responded, "I am going to help her Mom.." I have absolutely no doubt about that. I am counting on it!!

the long road



20 comments:

deb duty said...

This is a stunning photo and such a sweet post.

The Oswalds said...

Ahh, so sweet! She will be a great sister!

3 Peanuts said...

So sweet. Ruby is going to SHINE as a big sister!!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Those are the conversations that make a family... one sharing a concern, another helping them see it in a loving way. You did a wonderful job helping everyone see what wonder awaits them. I wonder if you have considered taking Ruby with you to China so that big sister role begins there. It made a HUGE difference for EK when bringing SJ home. She was able to see me carry SJ, feed SJ, and love SJ while loving her too. The greatest thing was time in our room when I blogged or emailed... they were playmates and learned to be friends first and sisters later. Was the best of times for our family. You are a wonderful mom and gracefully held your daughter's hearts so tenderly through that sweet time. God is blessing you so big!!!
Love and joy!

Tina Michelle said...

such a sweet photo. I think you spinned that conversation well. Great job mommy!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ruby is so precious! She is going to be an amazing big sister - you can tell she has a compassionate little heart..she will ALWAYS be your first China Baby ;)

snekcip said...

No doubt Ruby is gonna be great in her new role. I can't wait to see the FOUR of them together!! Wow...FOUR....that sounds awesome!!

PS Love your MAD SKILLS in photography! I bought a SLR this past weekend and I think my limited knowledge of the SLR means......(S)orry (L)ady that's not (R)ight! Yep...I need classes fast! Right now..it's just alot of practicing!

Jenny said...

Oh Diana, that is so sweet. We have had some lip quivering with sweet Katie Mei. Now that Lauren is home, it is a reality- and so so sweet. Tough sometimes too, but I bet Ruby will be the BEST sister to Emme. :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

She is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous photo of such a sweet girl- she's going to do great

ellieshine said...

beautiful. Ruby will be awesome and I'm sure in some ways she has already had some big sister roles in her relationship with Sienna.

I did feel my heart hurt a little reading this. The one difficult thing about adding a child to the family is the shifting of roles - My Mommy heart never wanted my baby to give up that position - of course it always brought out the very best in each of them :)

sending hugs :)

xo ellie

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful shots. Lovely family.

DawnS said...

So sweet. These little ones are so brave. She will no doubt be a wonderful big sissy!

Paige said...

so very precious!!!

Erika B said...

Stunning photo! I'm sure she'll be a great big sister with two great role models in the house.

Erika B

Jennifer said...

This brought tears to my eyes as I know how hard this is. It tugs at a mamas heart.

She will be a great big sister.

I think she should go to China with you to become a big sister. It would make her feel so special!

Just a thought.

Blessings,
Jennifer

Sharon said...

What a sweet cnoversation...Kailee is STILL our baby girl, just a month shy of 14...and a great big sister.
Love that her sisters piped in how great she will fill her role as big sis!

jennifer said...

Awww....Sweet Ruby. My heart breaks for her just like it breaks for Wesleigh...such an adjustment. I can't wait to see them blossom in their new roles!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh she is just SO PRECIOUS!!

She will do just fine..... These little ones seem to handle it much better than we anticipate. I am still in shock of how gracefully Sarah handled it. I am sure Ruby will be no different:)

Hope you are well~

xoxo,

Lisa

Big Happy Family said...

Ruby is going to be an amazing big sister. I have no doubt. She is already so sweet and helpful and caring. I get chills just thinking about it! Love you Ruby.

Bridget said...

Such a sweetie! Emme could not ask for a better big sister! Ruby will be the sweet, kind, caregiving big sister any little girl needs! Love then picture and love Miss Ruby!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive