Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Pearl!

AKR-89PoshBlog

It's time for "The Pearl" to get a little blog time! Some of you have asked if she will be traveling to China with us to bring home Emme Jade. The answer is, hopefully. She definitely wants to go again. One of the things Jeff and I are planning to do on this next trip is to visit Emme's orphanage in Yangzhou. Ainsley really wants to experience this. I would love for her to have the opportunity to truly understand where her little sister is from. Life changing perhaps.

Ainsley has been busy being a fourth grader. School is definitely more challenging this year. We are thankful that Aunt Bop is with us for a few days. Ainsley has her own personal college professor helping her with math and a few other things!

The end of the basketball season is upon us. One more practice and a tournament on Saturday! It has been such a fun season. The girls have done so well. And, they have improved immensely. I have had so much fun watching (OK cheering loudly) at all of the their games!

Next week is a very exciting field trip for the 4th graders. They will be spending almost 24 hours at the zoo.. A sleepover with the sharks and dolphins is ahead next Thursday. And guess which Mom got picked for chaperoning!!! She is soooo excited!!

We are starting to look at camps and other fun things for summer already. It seems far off when snow is still on the ground. I am hoping we find an overnight camp that is a great fit for her this year. As I have said before, I do see "camp counselor" in The Pearl's future.

For tonight, Ainsley has the flu... Bless her heart.. She has been a trooper. I am so thankful that I was home... Praying for a peaceful night, and a rested and healthy girl tomorrow!



13 comments:

Kim said...

Priceless update on your precious pearl!
Hoping that trip brings you thru Hong Kong!
I'd love to meet face to face!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is such a beautiful girl, inside and out...... I think it would be an amazing experience for her to go again and be there for the orphanage visit. It will be life changing FOR SURE:)

Sorry to hear she is sick...... hope she gets better real soon. You will both need your energy for the all nighter at the zoo!

Have a wonderful day~

xoxo,

Lisa

camp h said...

Awesome post :), she is growing up so fast! She is so polite, well mannered, loving and a precious little helper to Sienna and Ruby. She will be an amazing mama (just like you) one day! You and Jeff are doing an incredible job bringing up your precious girls! Praying that the flu bug passes QUICKLY! FEEL BETTER SOON, SWEET AINSLEY!!! We love you!!! XOXO

jennifer said...

Ainsley,
You are so beautiful. We all see your outer beauty, but your sweet spirit shines even louder. I know God has big plans for you, and I can't wait to see what they are!! I hope we are all in China together in a few months!!!

Love you,
Miss Jen

snekcip said...

Oh how I love post about Ainsley!! It seems I have watched her grow through these post! I love the way she has welcomed her sisters with open arms. I can't wait to see the sisterly relationship between her and Emme Jade grow before our eyes!

Praying that today finds her in better health. Ainsley you are indeed beautiful both inside and out!

Jenn said...

I love hearing about the Pearl! So sorry to hear she has the flu though. :( Praying for a quick recovering and healing!

Blessings,
Jenn

Wendy said...

Hope Ainsley is feeling better very soon!

Lori Lynn said...

Very sweet post! I hope she gets to go on the trip. I bet she would be quite the helper and ease Emme's transition.

Sharon said...

I remember 4th grade SO well...it was Kailee's first year in school (after homeschooling) and at the time she seemed so big..two weeks ago we just registered her for HIGH SCHOOL and she has her first dance at the end of the year. I know you know how fast it goes...and I know you embrace it all!!

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

If you are looking for a camp for her this year, my husband's nieces all have attended Trout Lake Bible Camp and one has worked there for the past three summers and will be there this summer as well. I believe it is smaller in comparison to some camps but all three girls have just loved it and now are giving back as counselors.

I live in Michigan and have read your blog for a while now. I also have a Hunan beauty from Yueyang City SWI. We do visit the twin cities 1-2 times a year to visit with my husbands family also. Will be there this year for the opening of the State Fair. It has been years since my husband and I have been and we want to take our 14 year old son and our China doll this year.

3 Peanuts said...

I love hearing about how Ainsley is doing. You know what camp I think she should go to;) My boys LOVE it.

I am so sorry to hear she is sick. I will say some prayers for her.

That overnight sounds like tons of fun!!!

K

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Such a beautiful pearl!!! Sure hoping she feels better fast!
Blessings and love!

Big Happy Family said...

Feel better Ainsley!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive