Friday, April 8, 2011

Esther & Poppy!!! And.. a little Emme Jade!

so loved

I can't believe it has been six years since Jeff and I began our adoption journeys. As I have stated before, we thought we were adopting a daughter. We could have never prayed for the other amazing blessings that have been shared with us. I have met some of the most amazing friends and mothers through our China Adoption Community.. And, I am forever grateful!

One Mom comes to mind that I have respected from afar for a long time. Sometime during that God connected us personally.. And, it is a friendship that I am thankful to have. I have watched this precious Mom bring home four children from China in this time. Now, I get to watch her bring home two more!! Precious Poppy and Esther will make 11 children for this Mama! Oh, did I mention she is beautiful, smart and a great writer too.. Seriously, I think I can multi-task.. But, my friend Stef has me beat by miles.. She also coordinates sponsors for "An Orphans Wish," she is involved in a fun Christian business called "Wild Olive," and she helps to host a website for special needs families, called "No Hands But Ours!" Yep, she is a amazing!! But, honestly she is just one of those Godly woman that says, "Yes - send me!" Then she figures out how to make it happen!!!! I love that about her!

The story to Poppy and Esther is nothing short of amazing. And, I encourage everyone of you to read Stef's blog posts about it! I watched it all unfold, and even I sit in awe.. Why are we ever surprised by how BIG our God is?

So, it is a privilege today for me to help Stef and Chris and the rest of the chicks in their nest to get these girls home quickly! They have put together a rocking fund raiser to do just that!
Just a $35 donation gets you one of Stef's fabulous tee's!!!! And, check out their prizes. I know one Mama who needs that MacBook! Did I tell you a cute 5 year old spilled water on mine?


So, please go over to "So Loved" and bless my special friend today!

I leave you with a little Emme Jade too... This was sent from the re-union. Look how tiny our girl is!!!! We are so excited to bring her home. Please pray also that the govn't does NOT shut down today. It will affect all Americans in China adopting now, and those of us who are waiting on or will be waiting on USCIS approvals!

IMG_6248


Have a great weekend!!!



7 comments:

Stefanie said...

Thanks so much, Diana!!
We are soooo excited to bring our girls home :)
And really REALLY hoping to meet you and Emme Jade in China!
P.S.She is so precious!!

snekcip said...

I'm a bit confused when you say "shut down", do you mean for "the weekend" or "indefinitely"? Sorry, but I'm still learning some of the terminology on these amazing journeys I have read on several blogs. Speaking in blogs, I will definitely hop on over and read about Stefanie beautiful story in a few minutes. :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Joining you in prayer today for both Esther & Poppy AND the govt NOT shutting down! If the government shuts down, so does our paycheck - being my man is a government employee (in fact, so is Stefanie's!) But, as you already mentioned - our God is BIG!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, and EJ IS a little peanut in those balls! don't you want to just scoop her out of there?!

Wendy said...

Yay! No shut down! Hope your paperwork is moving quickly through the system. I can't wait until you are on your way to Emme Jade. It's great that you keep getting new photos of her. She is darling!!!

Paige said...

Emme Jade is such a little peanut! So cute!!!

Casey said...

Such a sweet girl!!! Can't wait to follow you there...

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive