Monday, January 30, 2012
"The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
A hospital stay that should have been a minimum of five days ended at noon today at the four day mark! Everyone agreed that our active toddler would do better at home than in the hospital... Her bladder appears to be working normally!!! We will continue to watch this for any signs of distress, but we are so thankful for this great news! And, that impressive scar on her lower back needs to be watched very closely.. Our little gymnast is going to make everyone nervous around here for a while until her stitches come out, (three weeks from now...) It's hard to explain to a three year old that we will have to go back to the hospital if she doesn't take it slow...
I am still in awe of the procedure Emme had, and that she is moving, let alone walking around.. Her first steps today were a little "drunken" but she had no problem picking up her pace.. I had to tell her not to run!! Amazing!
Thank you for your prayers for Emme Jade! God has been so faithful in answering each and everyone of them...
We will keep you posted on our patient! It may be a long three weeks.. But, thankfully we are home to heal!!!! As I type, she is snuggled up in her bed sleeping peacefully!
"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all of your wonderful deeds."
~Psalm 9:1

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(153)
-
▼
January
(18)
- "The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
- Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
- Two Words!!!!!
- YIPPEE!!!!
- Looking Up!
- The Empress Update...
- The "Agitated Empress"...
- Day 2 in The PICU...
- Update and Prayer Request!!!!
- Surgery Update!
- In HIS Hands... Tomorrow Morning!
- Volleyball!!!!!
- More Sugar Than Spice Lately!
- Ruby Tuesday Ramblings....
- One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....
- Pre "Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!"
- "The Middles!"
- What's Next For Our Little Bean?
-
▼
January
(18)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
-
2012
(153)
- December(12)
- November(16)
- October(14)
- September(6)
- August(10)
- July(11)
- June(12)
- May(13)
- April(12)
- March(16)
- February(13)
-
January(18)
- "The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
- Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
- Two Words!!!!!
- YIPPEE!!!!
- Looking Up!
- The Empress Update...
- The "Agitated Empress"...
- Day 2 in The PICU...
- Update and Prayer Request!!!!
- Surgery Update!
- In HIS Hands... Tomorrow Morning!
- Volleyball!!!!!
- More Sugar Than Spice Lately!
- Ruby Tuesday Ramblings....
- One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....
- Pre "Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!"
- "The Middles!"
- What's Next For Our Little Bean?
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)


30 comments:
WOW! Amazing! Praising God for His faithfulness and goodness.
Rest well Miss Emme Jade, I think Mama is going to be buying LOTS of coloring books, phone apps and movies to keep a 3 year old still for the next 3 weeks.
Have a good night of sleep Diana!
Karen
That's great news! I hope you manage to keep her out of mischief!!
Praising God in amazement! Enjoy the extra cuddle time!
What a little miracle. Will continue to pray for smooth healing and that she will be able to handle being a bit calmer and still over the next three weeks.
So happy you're home!! What a little survivor!! Good luck taking it easy for THREE weeks!!! Praying angels around her!! :)
Such wonderful news...Emme is a true angel..hope you all get better rest in your own beds at home...
Janice
So glad Emme is doing so great and that you are home! I have no doubts that she will do wonderfully well, though I don't envy you trying to get her to slow down. Wishing you all a peaceful and restful night!
BLESSED NEWS!!
Home is such a very sweet place to be :)
YAY!! Such wonderful news!! Praise God!! So very thankful for your family! Praying for protection for the next 3 weeks, yikes!!!
Awesome news! So happy for you all! =)
That is amazing and wonderful news:) What a little miracle girl she is!!! I know you are so thrilled to be HOME!
Hugs,
Kim
Diana that is an amazing story of our Great God and His Love for His children even the littlest !That is the cutest picture I ever seen ,those little legwarmers and little nite gown. Blessings to you all and especially "The Littlest Empress". Emme Jade you are awesome.
Wonderful blessed news!!! Thank you Lord.
She is one tough cookie! So glad you are home!
Oh Diana, Praise God for this miracle! We'll continue to pray for Emme (and for you - I know that you have got to be exhausted and you've got a long three weeks ahead of you!)
So happy for you,
Jill
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!! I will continue to pray for you as you try to reign in "the empress" and for her as she continues to heal. God Bless!!!!!
What a blessing!! Best of luck with keeping her calm for 3 weeks. I have a 3 year old and I know what a challenge that would be!!
I have loved following along your blog for quite some time. We have checked frequently on Emme Jade updates and are rejoicing in her timely healing. All glory be to God. I have to tell you that I did a double take on some of her early hospital pictures and realized that I don't think I've ever seen a picture of this princess not smiling. Obviously she is precious every which way but how wonderful to see that smile once again. Welcome home. I am sure that the mama is ready for about 72 hours straight of sleep. Rest well.
Love you Emme Jade. Woo hoo, glad to know that you are home sweet girl.
Thank you so much for opening your life to those of us watching and praying for your family over the years with your adoptions. You have truly blessed and broken my heart. I did adopt a little China Jewel back in '07 and she is the light of my life.
I have been so praying for little Emme and mommy and daddy......what a little bean, what cuteness, what joy, all wrapped in one little girl from China.
You are so blessed and so are your children. Press on and I know you will be even more proud as you see them move on in life as adults. I have 3 adult children....I know how fast it goes....
Bless you all.
I just found your blog recently and have enjoyed very much reading about your precious family! We have a 3 year old daughter from China that has been home for 5 months. She will be undergoing the same surgery as your little Emme Jade very soon.
I am sooo glad Emme has done so remarkably well and hope her quick recovery continues.
Gerri
(I would love to email with you about your experiences etc, if you'd be willing and have the time! azamfamily@suddenlink.net)
Such wonderful news! So happy that she's doing so amazingly well and that she is back home already. Praying for a speedy recovery!
Wow!!! Way to go Emme! Thank you Lord for the great healing you are dong in this precious little girl!
Praying for you mom as you try to keep your active toddler busy with quiet activities. Yikes!! As mom to an active 2yo I know this is no easy task!
She just melts my heart! I so hope that she rests and is gentle with herself. What a doll. God is so very good.
What wonderful news....there really is no place like home!
God is so good. I love her outfit. Those leggings are precious. And your title is perfect!
God is so good. I love her outfit. Those leggings are precious. And your title is perfect!
walking out ... amazing!!!! thank you, Lord!!!!
There's no place like home and your own bed! So glad y'all are back and she's doing so well! Praying for continued healing.