Saturday, January 28, 2012
The Empress Update...
Life started out much better in the PICU this morning for "The Agitated Empress" because Jie Jie arrived early... We had a good night, which included a few hours of sleep for me which I would need later..
She was pretty calm all morning...
(In case you are wondering, these adorable leggings are from Sophia Jane Boutique)
The #1 thing Emme has complained about has been her IV lines.. Well last night, she had good reason.. Her foot line gave out.. Her poor little foot looked like a puffer fish... She was happy to get that out.. Not so happy about getting the elbow board for the new line that was already in place... Unfortunately with Emme's activity that arm line did not last long.. So, mid-morning a new line had to be created... Thankfully, Emme did great for the nurse... Prayers were going up, and chocolate was promised if she stood still... She did great, and the perfect vein was found.. She is now sporting a new line, with a "Dog House" on the top so she can't get to this one! We were so proud of her....
I love this shot... The nurses gave Emme one of the NICU bottles for her baby...
"The Fancy Empress!" Miss Jen sent a special box of girli-ness today!
This was the first, and only smile we have seen from Emme since Thursday!!! It was a relief to see a glimpse of our happy girl.. Nurse Jamie gave The Little Bean a large syringe filled with water.. She let her point it at each one of us and squirt us with water... Emme thought that was really funny!
I won't go into all of the details.. But, Emme had an adverse reaction to Benadryl this afternoon.. It was very scary for me... I am thankful for our nurse Jamie who was here and knew just what to do.. And for my friends Robyn and Jenny who showed up just when I needed them.. And, for my sweet sister Barb who loves us so much...
Emme's rage ended at 2:00 and she has been sleeping since... I am guessing it will be a long night.. Tomorrow is a new day, and I look forward to it!
Thank you for your prayers for our sweet girl who has been through a lot in the last two days!
Lastly, Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mom who is 80 years old today!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(153)
-
▼
January
(18)
- "The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
- Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
- Two Words!!!!!
- YIPPEE!!!!
- Looking Up!
- The Empress Update...
- The "Agitated Empress"...
- Day 2 in The PICU...
- Update and Prayer Request!!!!
- Surgery Update!
- In HIS Hands... Tomorrow Morning!
- Volleyball!!!!!
- More Sugar Than Spice Lately!
- Ruby Tuesday Ramblings....
- One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....
- Pre "Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!"
- "The Middles!"
- What's Next For Our Little Bean?
-
▼
January
(18)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
-
2012
(153)
- December(12)
- November(16)
- October(14)
- September(6)
- August(10)
- July(11)
- June(12)
- May(13)
- April(12)
- March(16)
- February(13)
-
January(18)
- "The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
- Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
- Two Words!!!!!
- YIPPEE!!!!
- Looking Up!
- The Empress Update...
- The "Agitated Empress"...
- Day 2 in The PICU...
- Update and Prayer Request!!!!
- Surgery Update!
- In HIS Hands... Tomorrow Morning!
- Volleyball!!!!!
- More Sugar Than Spice Lately!
- Ruby Tuesday Ramblings....
- One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....
- Pre "Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!"
- "The Middles!"
- What's Next For Our Little Bean?
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)









12 comments:
Bless her sweet little heart! She has been through soooo much! Hoping and praying each day gets better for her!
Sweet girl. She looks cute no matter what is going on. Kit loves when she gets her "dog house" always brings it home to Lucy afterwards:(. Glad you got a little sleep. Here's hoping for more tonight. Love that Ainsley was there to help today she's the best! Hope things continue to go well. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs to little bean!
B
Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Thank you for faithfully updating Diana! It helps to know how and what to pray, and we are all praying (Danika and Sienna too).
I have one that has had a very adverse reaction to Benadryl too, I am so glad you had someone with you.
Please let us know if we can do anything for you. Your family was missed at the Red Thread New Year party tonight!
I'm sure your little Empress is the best dressed patient on the floor! Oh how sweet she looks!!
Sorry to hear about the adverse reaction. Praying for rest for all of you tonight.
PS - Happy Birthday to your Mom!!
So sorry to read about the Benadryl reaction. Scary.
I pray you will get some rest tonight. Sleep deprivation never does much for this mom! And there's not much good sleep that happens in the hospital.
God's mercies will be new in the morning.
Prayers for you and Emme Jade tonight.
Jane K
Oh goodness. These photos just really touch my heart. I didn't post any photos on my site because I believe this is a private time for your family. Your baby girl is in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that she becomes stronger every day. God Bless.
Kimberley
SJB
Bless her tender heart... and her sweet mama's, too! Keeping you all close in thoughts and prayers, and will continue to do so. Precious little Empress! (((hugs)))
Oh, Diana... I have been praying for your beautiful, precious Emme Jade. Praying for strength for you and Jeff and of course perfect healing that only God can provide. Loving your family from Singapore...
Jenny
She must be the best dressed (or at least, accessorized) patient ever! Praying for an uneventful night. Blessings!
Chloe is very worried about all of Emme's IV's as she remembers hers well from our unexpected visit to CHOP back in November! She, just like Emme, was mad as a hornet too and wanted that darn thing out of her hand! It is amazing how physically strong these little ones can be when they are mad! ;) Hang in there mommy!! We are so happy that Emme seems to be feeling a little better and are praying she gets to come home soon and as Chloe says "get those yukky things off of her! Can we send her a present mommy?" Absolutely! Emme, one present from Atlanta is on the way!!! :)
Much love,
The Harlickas
Hi Di and family - I'm glad to see that each day is a little better for emme jade. We pray for her recovery and for sleep for all of you during this process.
Muriel has the same effect from Benedryl. I"m so glad you figured that out. It's very painful to watch your child in the unhappy state. I can't imagine it after intense surgery like Emme's.
Prayers...