Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation!!!



Sisters-3331

Sisters-3333SoftUrban

I sat at Sienna and Ruby's Kindergarten graduation with a big smile on my face and a few tears too.  It was definitely a moment in time to reflect on how far these two precious sisters have traveled to get to this point...  I am a blessed Mama!   Just two years ago, Sienna did not speak a word of English. At this graduation she recited, from memory, 26 Bible verses with her class.   They have learned so much including how to read!!!!  Mostly we have seen these two sisters grow together.  Their bond is so much stronger than it was when the year began.  We are so thankful we kept them together!  And, thanks to their very special teacher, Mrs. Haley they both thrived in school!  They loved their class, and they loved learning!  We have seen them both mature spiritually and physically.  It is amazing what can happen in a school year!

Graduates-3493

SiennaCrop2-3424

RubyCrop-3451

Sienna-3406

Each child took the microphone and talked about one thing they learned this year...
Sienna said she learned to write a sentence, and Ruby said she learned how to tell time on the clock!  This was such a sweet moment, because Ruby had been praying that Sienna would say her line..  Which she did beautifully!  :)

Mrs.Haley-3517-2
Thank you Mrs. Haley!  We will miss you!

Class-3344

All Day Kindergarten, and precious prayer warriors for "Team Ivy!"

GroupSong-3485

They closed their program with the song, "First Grade, First Grade" to the tune of New York, New York!  They all did a great job!!!

Congratulations Sienna and Ruby!  We are so proud of you!!



8 comments:

Paige said...

Oh my goodness these two make me smile!!! I love how Sienna always has her arm around Ruby!! Just precious!! Congrats sweet friend:)

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

My heart just swells as I see these 2 sisters who have clearly blossomed in every way this year!! I just love how God makes things so much more beautiful and perfect than we.could have ever imagined! He has such big plans for these 2 sweet sisters and I am certain He was in the front row, beaming the smile of a very proud father at that graduation!!! I love you Ruby and Sienna! Thank you for being captains of Team Ivy Joy this year! Ivy can't wait to meet you!

Kim said...

Oh ... the sweetness of sisters! Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana,
I've been following along with your family for quite a while and enjoying watching your Treasures grow!
Our daughter joined our family in China in May of 2005. She is now eight years old and a joy in our lives.:) Along with our two grown sons and our daughter in law, Anna completes our family just perfectly. I was 8 years old when the Lord touched my life with the strong desire to adopt. It took forty years to happen but the Lord never stopped the desire of my heart!
Anyway, congratulations on the graduation of your sweet girls! These milestones are so precious to us aren't they? The girls look so darling holding on to one another. I know that all situations are different, but I think if we had two littles the same age that we would keep them together for support and protection of one another. It would be so wonderful to always have a friend watching out for you and be from the same family.:)

Diana, Could I ask where you found their darling dresses they are wearing? All of your girls always are so sweetly dressed.

Happy that I finally wrote to you!
Take Care, hollymathewson:)

3 Peanuts said...

So cute. It is wonderful to see how close they have become:)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love the bond these two have formed. It's like growing up with your best friend. Cute dresses!

jennifer said...

This is precious! They look adorable and so proud!! Love to see these sisters together :)

Big Happy Family said...

I am still in awe that we have 1st graders. Time goes by so quickly. Ruby and Sienna are such sweet sisters and friends. Congratulations on graduating from Kindergarten. You are big girls now for sure.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive