Monday, November 5, 2007

'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...


'Her Rubiness' has two faithful servants in this house. They greet her in the mornings, they follow her wherever she goes, and they clean up after her. They will even test the temperature of the bath water if she will allow it. When 'Her Rubiness' first met these royal subjects she was not one bit pleased. However, over time she has grown to "tolerate" them. And, quite honestly, they have learned to "tolerate" her too. She likes to greet them by shaking their tails and pulling on their beards. Some days it is like having three toddlers around here! Thankfully, only one of them is still in diapers! This photograph is where you can find her loyal subjects when it is meal time in the castle!

We refer to her subjects as Caymus (named after the vineyard in Napa) and Piper (named after the champagne we served at our wedding.) They are both Portugese Water Dogs imported from Wisconsin!

Not much else going on here. It was just the girls yesterday, and Ainsley and I had a great time starting her first scrapbook of our beach vacation. Ruby, unfortunately is fighting a cold and a flu bug so we are hunkered in on this cold, almost winter-like day! Ironically, flu shots are on the calendar for Thursday for the girls.

On a fun note, I get to boast about my big brother again... He is now going to National's next week with THREE dogs!!!! Way to go Mark! We are so proud of you!


Three more days until the six month anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!

Blessings, Diana

11 comments:

John & Michelle said...

I have "looked in" on your family I guess for almost a year now and have so enjoyed watching you all bond! You are fun to read and very uplifting to those of us waiting for our girls!
~Michelle

Snowflowers Mum said...

Hey, we are big fans of Caymus! We loved visiting the vineyard many years ago and having a personal tour! What a great name!

Although...your other dog is named after my child...but thats okay.

Hayley
Mum to Piper
waiting for Paisley

Michelle said...

For my daughter Charlotte having two dogs at her feet would be heaven on earth ... but for now it's just her faithful kitties! :-)

Jodee said...

Cute picture!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a darling picture!!! Lindy loves dogs and I know the day is coming when our brown-eyed beauty begs us for a subject of her own.

So wonderful talking to you today.

Miss you tons!

Love,
Lisa

p.s. Hugs and kisses to Ruby as she endures her bug. Hope no one else gets it.

jennifer said...

That picture is adorable. We have flu shots this week as well.

Heather said...

Such a cute picture - your fur kids are so sweet! Hannah begs for the dog the moment she opens her little eyes.

Hoping Ruby gets better quickly. Emily just had the plague and now, I am suffering! We have flu shots this week, too. I am praying we are all well enough to get them:)

Take care...
Heather

Dawn said...

Cute picture!! Hope Ruby is feeling well soon!

Sheri said...

This is so sweet! I love the names of your dogs - very original way of naming them. :) I hope Ruby is feeling better soon.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Dogs are so smart!! They know that Ruby is the one to be sitting under and the one to follow & chase around (toddlers ALWAYS have food or smell like food, don't they?)They are adorable!

3 Peanuts said...

Di,

I love this photo! So cute.

Kim

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive