Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
Six months ago (11:00pm Central Time May 7th/11:00am China Time May 8th) today our prayers were answered when Ruby Mei was placed in our arms on the 26th floor of the Civil Affairs office in Nanchang, China! Jeff and I will never forget that day as long as we live. It was the beginning of our life as a family of four. In six very short months this child has blessed us in so many ways. This thankful Thursday I am thankful for...
- Mei who found Ruby and did the right things to get her placed with the Yugan Police
- The Yugan SWI who placed Ruby immediately with her loving foster mother
- Ruby's biological mother who loved her enough to give her up
- Amy Pearson at AWAA who took care of us for 17 months
- Mary, our guide in Nanchang who created such a special Ruby Tuesday for us
- Jeff for never giving up, and for teaching me so much about trusting God
- My Monday Night Prayer Sisters who prayed with me and taught me so much
- To the CCAA for matching us with Yue Meng Ru
- To Ainsley for patiently waiting to be a big sister
- To our Family Group and our families for living each day of our wait with us and for celebrating every milestone along the journey!
- To everyone who signed our guest book at Myadoptionwebsites.com
- To Joe and Jen who journaled with us
- To Ruby Mei for being courageous, and so brave six months ago
- To all the special families and children in AWAA's Travel Group #124
- To God for teaching us so much in the last 2.5 years..
- For our healthy & beautiful daughters and the special bond between them already.
Ruby has taught each one of us that love has no boundaries! She has blessed our hearts and our home ever since we knew her name. But especially on Ruby Tuesday, six months ago, when we got to whisper "we love you Ruby Mei" in her precious ear.
Blessings, Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(91)
-
▼
November
(15)
- Blessed to have lifelong friends!
- Thankful Thursday!
- A Visit with Santa!
- The Pearl and the Ruby Making Music...
- Let There Be Music & An Important Life Lesson Today!
- Thanksgiving in KY!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ruby Mei's Dedication Day!
- Our little Pilgrim had a big day!!!!
- A day in the life with Her Rubiness!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Bedtime.....
- Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
- 'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
November
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
-
2007
(91)
- December(12)
-
November(15)
- Blessed to have lifelong friends!
- Thankful Thursday!
- A Visit with Santa!
- The Pearl and the Ruby Making Music...
- Let There Be Music & An Important Life Lesson Today!
- Thanksgiving in KY!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Ruby Mei's Dedication Day!
- Our little Pilgrim had a big day!!!!
- A day in the life with Her Rubiness!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Bedtime.....
- Six Month Anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!!!!
- 'Her Rubiness' & Her Loyal Subjects...
- Thankful Thursday!
- October(17)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(9)
- June(5)
- April(4)
- March(4)

19 comments:
Congratulations on 6 months as a family. A good friend is celebrating today also. It is their one year anniversary of getting their adorable Katie bug. She is also a myadoptionwebsite Mom. Check out "Katie...at last!" to see her story or katiesantics.blogspot.com.
The pictures are beautiful, Diana.
Congratulations, wow it's been 6 months. Today we celebrated our 1 year anniversary of our Gotcha or Family Day as we like to call it. It's amazing that it's been a year since we first met our little Mylee. Time sure does fly. Ruby just keeps getting prettier and prettier, just like her big sister.
Diana, your website is the most encouraging blog I read as I trust God & wait for our Lily. Thank you for sharing your heart & your precious family.
All God's best, Debbie
www.lilyswait.blogspot.com
Congratulations! God is so good. Ruby is truly a special gem that He has blessed your family with.
Diana,
Congratulations on 6 months of Rubiness! She looks adorable and happy in each and every photo. I love the mosaic. You can edit them before you save it. Go back and look at the options right below it. I love her coat. I still have not bought one for Kate. Bad Mommy (me)!
You have such a wonderful and thankful spirit. Love,
Kim
Di,
Happy anniversary (and happy 2.5 birthday for Lindy). I am so honored that you were part of our journey and we were part of yours and we still share a strong connection.
I remember the anticipation of getting a call from you and the tears I cried when you called and when I saw Ru's darling little face for the first time. I remember getting up at all hours to check your website for more updates.
I am so excited you have your blessing from above and that she's doing so well. (Hope that nasty cold gets better.)
Your mosaic is gorgeous. When I grow up I want a coat just like Ruby's.
Love you,
Lisa
Happy 6 months! Ruby Mei is so beautiful! She looks like a big girl in that fancy, fantastic, fur. I love to think of our time together in China as new families. We miss you Ruby. Kisses from Kylee
Congratulations on 6 months!! I LOVE all of the pictures! Ruby is such a doll and I am sure she brings so much love and joy to your whole family! :)
OK, you really should win an award for "most photogenic baby!"
Doesn't the time just fly, and aren't we just the luckiest mamas ever!!!
Congratulations!!!! You have such a beautiful family - thank you for sharing your stories.
Congratulations - your collage is gorgeous - Miss Ruby is so incredibly enchanting.
Get rid of the sickies fast! We are trying here too!
Heather
Ruby is just adorable. Congrats on six happy months together!
Congratulations! The collage is awesome. You can't help but smile when you see that sweet face!
Congratulations on six months with Ruby, she is a doll. You have such a beautiful family.
Blessings,
Karen
Happy six months with Ruby, all the pictures of her are beautiful!
How blessed you are. :)
Wow, that six months has gone by so quickly. It seems like she has been with you forever though! She is just beautiful, fits right in with the 2 other ladies in the house! Love that coat!!! Looks warm and cozy for those winter days on the horizon!
Her smile is infectious! Congrats on 6 months...wow that went fast~
Your collage of Ruby is beautiful. I can imagine what joy she brings to your family. Happy Anniversary!
Happy 6 months with Ruby!! These pictures are all so beautiful!