Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday!

Our little gymnast playing the piano her way!
Okay - 1 foot and 2 hands is easier Our First Duet



Special Sister Pics from the first six months since Ruby Mei came home!



Whoever started this thankful Thursday tradition, thank you! It really does cause me to pause during my busy weeks!

This week I am thankful for:

  • The nap that Ruby is taking already today. I think she is still tired from the drama of meeting Santa!
  • For my friend Jenny who helped me with Ruby Mei on very little notice!

  • That I went to my first gyrokinetics (sp?) class with my girlfriend Kristi today! And, that I am actually thinking about going to a spin class with her tomorrow!

  • Our new piano that is already bringing music into our home.

  • For Ruby's curiosity about EVERYTHING!

  • For the maturity and good manners I am witnessing in Ainsley!

  • For the 15 verses that remind me of God's Affirmations that my BSF friend Paige shared

  • For the great conversations I had with Kim this week. And, for the lessons she has taught me.

  • For my "girls" night out with Ainsley, Katie, & Ruby and for the quotes that bring a smile to my face

  • For my husband who is taking the time to attend a Men's Fraternity at our church every Friday morning at 6:15. He has blessed me beyond measure by the things he has shared from this.

  • For my sister Barb who is staying with the girls Saturday night so we can celebrate Liz's (Camp H's) birthday!

  • For my parents, and their giving hearts!

  • For my special 5th grade girls Sam, Audrey, Andra, Anna, and Ashley! I love working with you on Wed. nights!

  • For the way Ruby squeezes me with her legs when she is scared, and the way she says "MOM" when she needs me!
  • I wish I could say I was thankful for the subzero temps we are experiencing already in MSP, but I would have to dig down really deep to say that! However, I am very thankful for heat, food, and a pillow to rest my head on!

Blessings, Di

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Thursday!
I would be happy to email you a picture of Xiao. AW prefers us to not post pictures on our blog until we receive our RA. If you want to send me your email I'll be happy to share our beautiful baby boy! Stay warm!!
Sharon

Leslie said...

Wonderful list! I love the piano! We have my Grandmother's piano in our home and I love having someone come over and play it. I pray Miss Myah will be interested in taking lessons more than Dayton was! Oh I can just hear Ainsley singing on the radio now! Ruby is just adorable with her feet on the keys!

Ani said...

I love reading your blog, but by far my favorite posts are the thankful Thursdays... They always make me STOP and take notice of all the wonderful blessings in my life.

Dawn said...

Another wonderful "thankful" list. Thank you for reminding us of all we have to be thankful for!

Team Houston said...

What program did you use to make that Collage? It looks great.

Thanks, Michele

Team Houston said...

Thanks, I think I figured it our. I appreciate you sharing. ~Michele

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

As always, love your list! I love that you were able to minister to Kim this week and subsequently many of those lessons were passed on to a greater audience.

I love the pictures of RM at the piano. Lindy is such a wiggle worm that I must admit I fear she's going to slip right off the bench and bust something. I guess I need to learn to let go and let her make beautiful music with whatever limbs she wants. :o)

Have a lovely day,
Lis

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I love all of the pictures of your girls together! They are just gorgeous! You really have gotten some great pictures of them together! They all look good enough to be in frames! :)

missy said...

The collage photos of your girls is just priceless. You can tell that they are crazy about each other.

Such beauties!
Missy

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive