Thursday, January 17, 2008
The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
What started out as a simple thank you note, hand print project, turned into Art 101 at the kitchen table. Wow did she have fun! And, I must say she is not bad with the sponge brush! Forget the hands, she wanted some skilled tools! Ruby now officially has her first work of art proudly hanging on the fridge! Thank you God for washable paint! I wonder if it will come out of my hair? I knew there was a reason I did not shower yet today!!!! Well "Little Monet" is sound asleep after her fun morning! And, I have a list of procrastination to get to before "The Pearl" gets home!
I must close with a big THANK YOU to everyone for your great song suggestions! I truly appreciate you taking the time to give me such great ideas. I am off to ITunes now!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
January
(14)
- Thankful Thursday!
- The Pearl! & a Prayer Request...
- Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
- Happy Spring......
- 'Her Rubiness', and the "Ruby Reds!"
- Another week in the life...
- "Show & Tell"
- The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
- Music - I need some ideas....
- A Hidden Gift!
- Thanks Kim!
- Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
- Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
- Happy 2008!!!
-
▼
January
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
- May(14)
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
-
January(14)
- Thankful Thursday!
- The Pearl! & a Prayer Request...
- Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
- Happy Spring......
- 'Her Rubiness', and the "Ruby Reds!"
- Another week in the life...
- "Show & Tell"
- The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
- Music - I need some ideas....
- A Hidden Gift!
- Thanks Kim!
- Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
- Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
- Happy 2008!!!
- 2007 (91)

19 comments:
You know you're supposed to SEND them somewhere else for this kind of mess, don't you??? :o)
Very cute. When is her first showing?
Love,
Lindy's mommy who just let her use markers (at home) for the first time last week...NO JUDGMENTS PLZ.
PS-Totally loving that bib!!!
xoxo,
L
This is so cute! i must agree with Lisa. You are brave. Kate has not seen paints yet.
Kim
These pictures are adorable!
It would be so sweet to frmae it and keep. This is from a mother who wants to frame all of my kids art! I'm Running out of places to hang... my oldest is almost 18...
GREAT job, Ruby!!
Sandy
Love it!!! If I give Annslee art stuff she will sit at the table for hours "working"...totally worth the mess to me : )
Love it!!! If I give Annslee art stuff she will sit at the table for hours "working"...totally worth the mess to me : )
Hey Diana - Sweet pics today...I bet even the INSIDE of her diaper will be blue!
I sent a song suggestion yesterday and it was not the correct title...so here's my correction! It's "Lullabye" by Dixie chicks.
The lyrics get me every time...
Lullaby lyrics
They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade
Sorry the post is long...but the song is worth it! Have fun...I can't wait to see the finished product!
Be blessed!
Angie
That is so ironic... yesterday Sophia fingerpainted and watercolored for the first time. She was more adept with the paintbrush (watercolor) than the fingerpainting. Her two first pieces of artwork are on the refrigerator as well. I have pictures needing developed before I can post. (I need a modern digital camera ASAP!)
Your children are just precious!! I love your blog. Your girls remind me of mine because of their age (6 & 2) and their close relationship. The new pics of Ruby and her first painting are great. I love how you captured the moment. I tried a hand print project with my oldest daughter for my husband's first Father's Day gift. She had other ideas in mind and ended up smearing all her hand prints together. It ended up better than I had in mind and is framed in our entry hallway. :-)
These are great!! She lookslike she is having such a good time. Nothing more fun for a kid than making a really decent mess:)
She is such a bright light. Thank you for sharing these special moments.
heather
I've lurking around your blog for sometime so decided it was time to say "Hi"! Your sweet Pearl and Darling Ruby and beautiful. These pictures are just way too cute.
This is Home by Lucy Kaplansky/The Red Thread Album.
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison/Super Hit Album.
I Hope you Dance by Lee ann Womack/Greatest Hits.
Have fun, Michele
SO cute! Once again....I come to your site and it just makes me smile! Love that last picture of Her Rubiness! :o)
Love it!!! Can't wait (well maybe I will wait a little while) to do this with Kylee. I have the most fond memories of coloring with my Mom. Of course coloring is a little less messy. But being an art major in school will love it if Kylee gets into it too.
These pictures of Ruby are precious. I just love the way you capture the everyday moments with your girls. You've inspired me to get the paints out!
What a cutie! YOu forgot to show us her masterpiece!
She is just too adorable and you can tell that she love the paint :) Happy Friday.