Thursday, January 10, 2008
Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
FAITH, HOPE, LOVE
I have been busy getting organized!!! I wish I could say I feel "done." Not the case, but I do feel like a dent has been made! The biggest accomplishment this year so far was the purging of my office this week! My Mom was here for a few days helping me get organized. THANKS MOM!!!! Honestly, she has more energy than anybody I know. She is efficient and fast!!! And, she takes on all of the tasks that I dread like laundry, ironing, sewing, etc.... She even organizes sock drawers!!!! Sorry, she is not available, but I do believe she would give the "Organized Junkies" a run for their money! Ainsley made a hilarious comment the other day about God giving Grandma the gift of sewing... Well, that He did, and a few other great gifts too!!!
Since it is "Thankful Thursday" I have to pause to scream out how thankful we are for good health!!! Jeff met with his Neurologist this morning, and she is very pleased. No follow-up visits or MRI's needed unless he has any concerns. Praise God for that report!!!
THANKFUL FOR A VERY SPECIAL EMAIL RECEIVED LAST NIGHT..... About one month ago I posted a photo of Ruby Mei and another little girl about the same age that was taken at her Foster Mother's home in Yugan. It was one of the pictures on the camera that we sent with our original care package for Ruby. Anyway, I posted the photo to Ruby's Orphange, Yahoo Group asking if anyone knew who the little girl with Ruby was. Last night I received a personal email from the mother of the precious little girl in the picture!!!! She was adopted shortly after Ruby Mei and she lives on the East Coast!!! Her name is Hannah Grace, and she is healthy and beautiful! I was actually contacted by her Mom prior to our trip to China because both of our girls were wearing the same puffy jacket in their referral photo's. Hannah's Mom believed there was a connection. At the time I didn't think there was because another girl in our group had on the same coat in her referral pictures too. And, she was with a different Foster Mom than Ruby.... What a blessing to have another piece of their life story to share with the girls! Their first roommate! I pray that they get to meet in person someday!
So much to be thankful for as we tackle another year!!!!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
January
(14)
- Thankful Thursday!
- The Pearl! & a Prayer Request...
- Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
- Happy Spring......
- 'Her Rubiness', and the "Ruby Reds!"
- Another week in the life...
- "Show & Tell"
- The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
- Music - I need some ideas....
- A Hidden Gift!
- Thanks Kim!
- Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
- Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
- Happy 2008!!!
-
▼
January
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
- May(14)
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
-
January(14)
- Thankful Thursday!
- The Pearl! & a Prayer Request...
- Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
- Happy Spring......
- 'Her Rubiness', and the "Ruby Reds!"
- Another week in the life...
- "Show & Tell"
- The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
- Music - I need some ideas....
- A Hidden Gift!
- Thanks Kim!
- Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
- Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
- Happy 2008!!!
- 2007 (91)

9 comments:
Do you think your mom would like to road trip from her place up the road from me to my house? I have LOTS of projects for her!!!
What a blessing she's been there for you, Barb, and the family.
Don and I were just talking about Jeff the other night. I am so glad you gave an update (a great one at that) about him today because I felt like a heal for not asking about him when we talked.
Glad to see God working in such great ways in your life.
xoxo,
L
Love your faith, hope and love character prints - they are gorgeous! Wish I had someone to help organize me. Your little girls are so adorable! Best wishes for 2008!
Janet
What a great story! It would be amazing to see them together.
Hi - I am delurking to comment today. I LOVE your blog. Ruby & Ainsley are precious. I followed you over from your China adoption website. A friend of mine is leaving next Thursday for China. (her site is titled Journey to Grace under the awaiting travel list) You have a beautiful family and I hope you dont mind me stopping by. Happy New Year.
Yea for your mom - my mom is like that too! She is getting older though and I see her slowing down.
Jeff's update is spectacular - God is so good and good job Jeff for taking such good care of himself and his three girls for being such a support to him. Yippee!
And the connenction to Ruby, how wonderful - every little piece of the puzzle makes the picture more complete...so happy for you that you have found one of her China sisters.
Blessings to you!
Heather
Praise God for Jeff's report from the doctor and his good health! God is so good.
How great to be getting so organized, and how wonderful that your amazing mom could help out so much. You are blessed to have her in your life.
What a HUGE blessing to get the e-mail about Ruby's little friend. This is just amazing.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for sharing the good news about Jeff. So grateful he is healed!
Like the Faith, Hope & Love.
What a special gift to hear about Ruby's "roommate".
Love,
Shauna & Joel
I am so glad that you found this connection to Ruby's past. What a gift. I am also thrilled to hear that Jeff is doing so well. A lot to be thankful for:)
KLIm
How great that you found the parents of Ruby's foster sister. I am still hoping to hear about my Yugan cuties foster sisters. I posted the photos on the Yugan group but sadly no one has claimed the cuties.