Friday, January 4, 2008
Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
Last February we had many signs and "dreams" that it would be our final month of waiting for our referral for Ruby Mei. I remember at the time being so anxious about the cutoff. OK - maybe obsessed is more honest. I stalked the "RQ" site like many of my fellow October LID friends hoping for good news. All of the rumors said we would miss the cutoff by 3-5 days. I kept praying for peace with whatever happened. One morning late in the month Ainsley woke up and announced to me that we would be getting our referral soon. When I asked her why, she said "because I just had a dream about my pretty little sister in a pink tu-tu!" It was the only dream Ainsley had about her mei mei while she waited so patiently. Her dream was prophetic. Our LID was the cutoff when we got "The Call" about Ruby on March 5th.So when Chrismas was approaching this year, I wanted to do something really special for Ainsley from Ruby Mei. Ainsley has come so far as a big sister in the last seven months. Truthfully, the transition from only child for almost six years, to sharing the spot light over night wasn't easy. But, over time, she has come to love Ruby with a vengence. She is proud of her and protective. Last week she announced to me that she is so lucky to have a little sister that is also her best friend. Answered prayer.....
So to Ainsley, from Ruby, was this photo this year. Ruby is a constant reminder to Ainsley that prayers are answered and dreams do come true! What a blessing to see this picture by Ainsley's bedside now.
I love my girls, and each day I realize the priviledge it is to be their Mommy as we navigate the journey of parenting and sisterhood together!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
January
(14)
- Thankful Thursday!
- The Pearl! & a Prayer Request...
- Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
- Happy Spring......
- 'Her Rubiness', and the "Ruby Reds!"
- Another week in the life...
- "Show & Tell"
- The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
- Music - I need some ideas....
- A Hidden Gift!
- Thanks Kim!
- Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
- Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
- Happy 2008!!!
-
▼
January
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
- May(14)
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
-
January(14)
- Thankful Thursday!
- The Pearl! & a Prayer Request...
- Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
- Happy Spring......
- 'Her Rubiness', and the "Ruby Reds!"
- Another week in the life...
- "Show & Tell"
- The Artist formally known as "Her Rubiness!"
- Music - I need some ideas....
- A Hidden Gift!
- Thanks Kim!
- Thankful Thursdays, 2008!
- Dreams & Pink Tu-Tu's!!
- Happy 2008!!!
- 2007 (91)

20 comments:
Hi Diana,
How beautiful! You are so right...dreams do come true!
Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family...from one of your fellow October LID friends who vividly remembers being obsessed with the cut off date, too!
TJ
Beautiful. What a thoughtful gift to such a sweet little girl. Your girls are precious.
This is a beautiful post. My heart is filled with joy when I read the wonderful things God has done with you and family.
Di,
I remember when you told me that story long ago and still could hear that story over and over and never tire of it. Thanks for sharing of the photo of the dream come true!
Love you,
Lisa
That is so so sweet. What a wonderful gift for Ainsley. I'm sure she loves it! And that photo of Ruby is just adorable.
Enjoy your new blog look!
Danielle
Thanks for this beautiful reminder that dreams do come true ... we have a 6 year old & all 3 of us are waiting patiently (sometimes not so patiently) for our Lily. Your sweet girls help me through this journey. God's blessing on you all!!
This picture is so adorable! What a special gift that I'm sure Ainsley will always treasure. It represents so many answers to all your prayers. God is good!
Diana,
I love this beautiful dream come true post. What memories it brings back of the "obsession with RQ" & the morning we were both waiting with our phones in hand for that LOOONG awaited call. Has it really been 10 months!? What a sweetie in her TUTU & how special for Ainsley!
Love,
Shauna
What a beautiful story! How wonderful for Ainsley and Ruby to share the specialness that was prayed would be natural for them.
The picture is gorgeous and yes, dreams do come true!!
Thanks ever so much for sharing.
Heather
What a sweet story and adorable picture of Ruby!
so sweet. May I ask who took the photo? It is priceless.
Hayley
Oh Diana,
That is simply beautiful. Happy New Year!
Love,
Kim
What a precious story! Love the picture!
Hi, me again...to answer your question, Piper goes to the pre-school opposite Ainsley's school in Chan. TGS. It's good, not as wonderful as I wish but she only goes two mornings, the owners are lovely but the turnover in staff is pretty high.
We are looking at another pre-school for the 4's (we had a State variance so she could attend preschool 3's while she was still 2.5) We will keep her at TGS until the end of the school year and rethink our options.
Did Ainsley go to the one in the Church off 41 & 5? I hear it is good, but we have some personal reasons not to attend that one. We are looking into Trinity Lutheran in Waconia and Victoria Elementary pre-school. Not sure. We've been here two years and still seem to have sealegs.
Hayley
What a great picture!! So sweet! And what a great story!
That is the most beautiful picture of Ruby. What a treasure for Ainsley to have a sister to love and dream for. They really do come true : )
Diana ~
I am Kylee Hope's very PROUD Aunt Rheagan - I was directed to your blog by Shauna - and have really enjoyed your posts ever since! You have a precious family - And a beautifully designed blog in which to share your story! Thanks for allowing me to enjoy!
Lovingly,
Rheagan
What a great idea. She will cherish this forever.
Diana,
What a story of sisters. Isn't our God good?!
Simply beautiful! Your site is so great! You take great pictures too... so talented! We also had a great holiday.