Monday, February 25, 2008

Play Dates & New Friends!

Clara & Ruby Mei

Genevieve

Nico 

Charlotte


Ruby was very jealous of little Miss Genevieve and Ainsley hanging out on Saturday!!  She made sure she did not leave Sissy's side when this adorable 2 year old was close by...

Hands down one of the biggest blessings that no one ever told me about when we were preparing to adopt is the friendships we would make along our way.  Before, during, and after our trip to China to bring Ruby home I have met some incredible women, amazing families, and absolutely special (not to mention adorable) children!  Some live far away, and some live in our backyard.  Some I may never meet in person, and some I will travel far distances to meet someday.  Some I will talk into coming to Minnesota in the summertime too!!! :) 

These pics are from our play date on Saturday and another play date Ruby had this morning!   There is a very good chance that Ruby and Clara will be in the same Kindergarten class in 2011!  Clara came home from Hunan in November, 2006!  

Blessings,
Diana

13 comments:

AmyO said...

I'm sad I missed the play date...hopefully we won't have plans for the next 1. Adorable bow on Ruby! How do you keep that on her head? Olivia will only wear the small clips so far.

LaLa said...

Looks like a fun time...friends are the BEST!!

jennifer said...

They are all absolutely adorable. How cute that Ruby staked her claim on Ainsley. These connections are truly a gift from God.

Kate said...

I agree about the "hidden blessing" of meeting so many wonderful friends along the way of our adoption road. How lucky can one person get, you know?? :-)

The pictures of the girls are fabulous as always. You have a real talent for photography. I feel like I learn a lot just from looking at your picutres!!

Kate

Tracy said...

Clara is another cutie Hunan girl! I would love to meet another Hunan girl - maybe someday we can meet Clara. It was great seeing you on Saturday and meeting other new people as well. I agree - these friendships are amazing and I think our girls will benefit greatly. Your support during the hardest parts of the wait meant the world to me, Diana. Thanks for taking such great pics of our girl! I posted that same pic (in color) of Charlotte in our blog.

Tracy

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

So how do the Osborn girls look with GREEN eyes??? Green with envy, that is.

Actually, I am thrilled you have made some local friends to share this incredible bond with and know you and Ruby will bless many locally as you have from afar!

Love you and hope to be one of the friends you sway to the lake.

L.

Snowflowers Mum said...

It was great to meet you and the girls on Saturday! We had a wonderful time.

Hayley

Young Creations said...

WOW! The girls are so beautiful. I love watching your daughters develop a strong bond. My children are now 16 and 13 and are great with eachother. My baby just turned 16. I can't believe it.
Have a great week.
Lauren

Danielle Moss said...

These photos are adorable!

Thanks for letting me add my logo.

Did you notice that I added some more flowers to the header, made the frame pop out a bit, and added that little strip at the bottom? While I was in there I thought I'd jazz it up a bit more.

Dawn said...

What a darling group of girls. I love to hear about Ruby and Ainsley's sister bond. Precious!!

Anonymous said...

You are so right about meeting incredible people on this adoption journey!!!! Minnesota in the summer sounds like wonderful fun!!! Enjoy your new friends and your precious play dates.

Becky said...

What a cute group of girls especially your little Yugan cutie! ;-) Looks like all had a good time!

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive