Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sisters....


While we were waiting for Ruby Mei we documented what we did each month here. If you are waiting now for your referral, even if it is a longs way off, I encourage you to do the same. Thanks to a Beth Moore book I was reading at the time, and the study of Genesis I was in at BSF, I tried to be more aware of the "God Moments" and the blessings in my/our life while we waited. Recording these caused me to pause each month and reflect on our life as a family of three.

As we approach the one year anniversary of our referral on March 5th I find my mind going back to the way God orchestrated our adoption so perfectly. I love to look back on our monthly journals to see what we were doing. I think about the way I prayed for Ruby Mei, and for Ainsley's relationship with her. God was so faithful in the way he answered.

This past weekend I watched as Ruby followed Ainsley around. How she backed into her to sit on her lap, danced with her, laughed with her and overall just how much they have come to love each other. It really is amazing to sit back and watch.

While we were putting together, "Journey to Ruby Mei," I found this quote:

"A Sister is God's way of
proving He doesn't want us to walk alone!"
~anonymous
So true!
Blessings,
Diana

11 comments:

Adele said...

Oh I love that quote! I also love Beth Moore and have done many of her bible studies. I even got to sit in on one of her classes and meet her in person.
I love the idea of starting an online journal while we are waiting for our second daughter. I wrote in a journal while waiting for mallory and I am so glad I did. I love to look back and read how God was in the whole adoption experience. Thanks for reminding me to do this with our next daughter.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I remember so many points of the journey to Ruby and am glad you can see how all the pieces fit so perfectly now.

I am glad A and R have each other for life.

Love,
Lisa

The Oswalds said...

Such Sweet Sisters! I just sent you an email.

Love,
Shauna

Kate said...

The comment you put at the bottom of your post really touched me today as a sister...and as a mom waiting to bring home a sister for my daughter. Thank you.

Kate

Heather said...

Nothing, nothing like the love of a sister - I never had one and am so blessed that my girls have each other. Glad that Ruby and Ainsley have each other to share their lives.

Heather

Michelle said...

I love this post ... for I am also blessed to be the mom of two amazing little girls. I feel so much gratitude when I know what a gift they are to each other!

jennifer said...

What a sweet picture and a great tip. They are so cute together.

3 Peanuts said...

Lovely words and photo. Yes, sisters are amazing. when I read your writing, I feel like I am right there with a cp of coffee listening to you.

KIm

Dawn said...

Darling pics as usual!! Beautiful subjects. Thank you for the reminder. I have been so caught up in "the waiting" that sometimes I don't post on my blog because the next step hasn't happened, but in reality we are a family of 5 living every wonderful day together until our precious Lucy comes home.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Dawn

Danielle Moss said...

I love that quote! I have two sisters and couldn't imagine my life without them. As you know, there is nothing like the bond between two sisters.

Danielle

Snowflowers Mum said...

I so needed to read that...I can only pray Piper & Paisley will be as good as sisters and friends as your two beauties!

Hayley

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive