Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sugar & Spice!!



I have said it before that 'Her Rubiness' is lovingly referred to as the "Tiny Tornado" around our house.  Unfortunately, it sometimes comes at the cost of a bump or bruise for Ruby's head and face...  This weekend she had some rough moments inside at the cabin.  We got to the point on Sunday where we were thinking of a helmet for her inside!  OK maybe that is a bit dramatic, but honestly she can not be out of our site for long, or she is on top of something she shouldn't be!!  At home here it is our kitchen table or the family desk.  At the lake it is the stools that sit at our kitchen island.  On Saturday after her nap she got one serious bruise on the bridge of her nose when she landed face first on Jeff's bedside table.  She was climbing on the pillows why he was changing.  So, if you look closely you will see the lovely light green shiner on her nose....  She is tough though, or just slow to learn.  She just keeps on going back for more!  

If anyone has any great ideas on getting an 18 month old to understand "NO", I am all ears!

Not sure the "time out" chair will work, unless it is a Jungle Gym!


Thanks to 'Her Rubiness' there are no dull waking moments around here!  God definitely knew what he was doing when he made her so cute and irresistable!

Blessings,
Diana

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Ouch!!

Charlotte fell twice this weekenbd when she was being her crazy self jumping around - so she has a small mark on her chin and a small mark on her forehead! But Ruby's is a shiner!

Michelle R Photography said...

I love Ruby's pucker face! If you figure out a way to keep Ruby grounded, please let me know. Mia took a head-first tumble tonight at Leila's gymnastics class. She and Ruby have much in common. Just keep the bubble wrap handy for those post-placement visits. :-)

Holladay Family said...

She is too young for "real discipline." Just enjoy your tornado while she still has that "baby spirit" in her. My 88 year old father-in-law still talks about how all his furniture still have "teeth" marks in it from when his children were little. He treasures those pieces the most. She is so sweet and your other daughter is a gem too! I am glad your family is doing so well and Jeff seems completely over that horrible illness. God is good!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Makes me nervous just thinking about her climbing on everything...I am always so worried about teeth, eyes, and lips. I guess it's not a party for Ruby until someone has a black eye...:o)

She's a pistol and you're just going to have to keep trying to find out what her motivation is and gets her attention. It is tough! You know her best, though...

Love that girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I knew the answers!

Heather said...

She is as sweet as strawberry jam!

Love these two pictures! Even with the shiner - Emily did herself in one Christmas and had a shiner that encompassed her entire right cheek, now, those were some pretty photos :( But I look back at them and can't forget what she was up to...now Hannah is a climber extratrordinaire! She began way earlier than Em.

Eyes all over our heads, just have to have them all over our head!

Hope it fades fast. Glad there was a good weekend to be had though:)
Heather

Molly said...

Diana...have you tried putting things in the house that Ruby CAN climb on...like a small climber or something...Just an idea!

AmyO said...

I think Olivia's terrible 2's have started early. We do time outs & it helps give her a a minute or 2 to calm down when she's being naughty or whiny or just plain stubborn.

Lipstick and Hockey Sticks said...

I cannot believe how BIG her rubyness is now! She is beyond adorable. We miss you guys too and send all of our blessings. P.S. Sammy STILL talks about Ruby's bows in her hair. =)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive