Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Not 100% today.....
Thanks for your sweet comments!
The doctor determined that Ruby has a sinus infection.
We left with a prescription for Amoxicillin! YEAH
Last night went better after a very rough start, so thanks for your prayers!
We are bringing dinner to welcome home another beautiful Jiangxi Jewel, Sarah, today!
When we received Ruby's referral last March, they described her as a moderate sleeper. That description has proved to be accurate ever since meeting her in Nanchang. The good news is that she has come so far since that time. She is on a great schedule here, and she takes a daily 2-2.5 hour nap. Today is an exception because she is not feeling well. The last two nights have been really rough, and we have a doctor's appointment at 4:45 to rule out an ear infection, etc.. She usually goes down for bed easily (again with the exception of the last 2 nights) but as stated she usually does not sleep through.
Thankfully, I do believe that this will get better. My foggy memory reminds me that Ainsley experienced some of this too. I guess I was just a lot younger then!
What I want to say is that just last night I was reminded what a gift this child is to me and to our family. I wouldn't trade the dark circles under my eyes for one day without this little girl. Being a mother has taught me a great deal about sacrificing self. Some nights when I admit I wish I didn't have to get out of bed at 2am, I quickly remind myself what a privilege it is to be the one that gets to take care of Ruby Mei.
This poem by Marueen Hawkins says it all for me:
Before you were conceived I wanted you.
Before you were born I loved you.
Before you were here an hour I would die for you.
This is the miracle of love.
-MH
Ruby, thank you for the reminder to "give thanks always!" Even when I am tired!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
April
(13)
- Home away from home.... NASHVILLE!
- Thankful for my Parents today!
- More Surprises!
- Growing older, and trying to do it gracefully....
- Red Thread Connections
- Thankful Friday!!
- Last year on this day....
- A Weekend of Sweetness! & SLEEP!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Not 100% today.....
- It just happened....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Spring Break 2008!
-
▼
April
(13)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
- May(14)
-
April(13)
- Home away from home.... NASHVILLE!
- Thankful for my Parents today!
- More Surprises!
- Growing older, and trying to do it gracefully....
- Red Thread Connections
- Thankful Friday!!
- Last year on this day....
- A Weekend of Sweetness! & SLEEP!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Not 100% today.....
- It just happened....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Spring Break 2008!
- March(10)
- February(19)
- January(14)
- 2007 (91)

6 comments:
Wow.. I needed that poem now. My Ella is having sleeping issues and I am fighting a virus but you are right. I wouldn't trade a minute of it.
Di~
First, you are beautiful dark circles and all...I love that you don't just think about the "me" in Mommy...
I am sorry Ruby is not feeling well and that you have had more sleep issues with her as a result. Praying she will be much better very soon.
Thank you for the blessing of the poem.
Love,
Lisa
Beautiful poem. Mia suffers from sleep issues, too. Like you, I don't post about it, but for the first 9-10 months, she was up an average of three hours every night. Hence, I was up. She also suffers from very severe night terrors, but they are not as frequent. Thankfully, Leila is like Ainsley. Leila could sleep through a tornado. Mia is much better now. It is down to about one of every 4-5 nights now and she is not up for as long. During the night, when she is up, it is a struggle. I feel like the Tom & Jerry cartoon, with toothpicks propped under my eyelids to keep them open. But when the sun comes up and I can see her sweet smile, those sleepless nights are long forgotten. Love is an amazing thing.
I was so touched by this post. Sleep was our major issue when we brought Lia home. I remember trying so many thigs to alleviate her waking so many times during the night, but finally realized it was here to stay. After about 9 months home, it got some better, but she would relapse everytime we traveled and it would take about three weekes to get back on our schedule. I am still pretty much a drill seargent about the sleep scedule!! When we had Lia home about 14 months, she began sleeping through the night and for the most part continues to go to sleep easily and sleeps through...unless she is sick of course.
It is a very hard thing to deal with day in and day out..and I imagine haveing another child to care for on top of it is another challenge!
I am sorry you are tired and that Ruby is sick. I wish I had magical advice...I don't...just wanted to say that I've been there....and often thought maybe this is the reason many people have children at an earlier age!! :-)
Best wishes,
Kate
My daughter (23 mos.) is still waking up each night too...and when I am given grief by family members and alike, I just remind MYSELF, that I am doing what's best for her (right now) by comforting her...and as my favorite pediatrician said to me..."some day, you will be wishing she was checking in with you by 2 am." So while it's hard to have the constantly interrupted sleep now...you are so right - it is small in the big picture!
I love the picture of Ruby! Your girls are so happy - all of the time!
I hope Ruby is feeling well soon!
~Lynn/PA
All of it is so true! I think it is good to share this sometimes though because it helps others who are going through it also to know that they are not alone. You are such a good Mommy and I would not trade my dark cricles for anything either:)
K
I hope sweet Ruby feels better soon.