Sunday, April 20, 2008
Red Thread Connections
The Pearl & The Ruby Waiting for Guests
Big Sister Rachel
Ava
Piper
Ellie
Ruby Mei & Amelia Coloring together.... so sweet!
Sarah
Twins Kaitlyn & Kyleigh
Paisley
Rui Rui
Amelia
Charlotte
Olivia
When we were waiting for Ruby Mei, I was blessed to meet many people along our road to China.
Many of them have been mentioned here before. Our red thread is like a spider web that reaches both locally, and across the country. When I originally joined the October 2005 LID group some other Minnesotan's reached out to me and invited me to lunch, (thanks Amy O.) That first lunch group, has now grown to multiple families that are now home with their precious children, or are still waiting for their gifts from China. Other great connections have been made through our agency AWAA, Ainsley's school, and other avenues that I never imagined.
Jeff and I, with the help of Ainsley & Ruby, hosted a fun event Saturday night for several of the local families in our area. We had a great turn out, and lots of fun. When we closed the door to the last of our guests we felt so blessed to be a part of this overall red thread. All of the children were so beautiful and precious. Clearly they are all adored and loved!!
Once again, we pause to give thanks for our journey that has brought us so much joy! We look forward to more fun events with families near and far...
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
April
(13)
- Home away from home.... NASHVILLE!
- Thankful for my Parents today!
- More Surprises!
- Growing older, and trying to do it gracefully....
- Red Thread Connections
- Thankful Friday!!
- Last year on this day....
- A Weekend of Sweetness! & SLEEP!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Not 100% today.....
- It just happened....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Spring Break 2008!
-
▼
April
(13)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
- May(14)
-
April(13)
- Home away from home.... NASHVILLE!
- Thankful for my Parents today!
- More Surprises!
- Growing older, and trying to do it gracefully....
- Red Thread Connections
- Thankful Friday!!
- Last year on this day....
- A Weekend of Sweetness! & SLEEP!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Not 100% today.....
- It just happened....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Spring Break 2008!
- March(10)
- February(19)
- January(14)
- 2007 (91)

15 comments:
I've been waiting for this post. We were so sorry we missed your gathering. We enjoyed our wedding of course, but were sad to miss out on seeing everyone there. You always capture such beautiful portraits! It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Hopefully we'll see you at the next outing.
Beth (Ron & Hope, too) :)
I'll try once more...I just attempted to comment here and my application quit. I apologize if a duplicate pops up at some point.
I've been waiting for this post. We were sorry we missed your gathering. We enjoyed our family wedding of course, but were sad to have missed everyone there.
You always capture such beautiful portraits! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! Hopefully we'll see you at the next outing.
Beth (Ron & Hope, too. ;)
What a wonderful thing...so happy it was a fun time - those precious children are gorgeous, each and every one special, loved and adored, how magnificent.
What a blessing to be able to open your home and share the joy of this community.
I was truly touched by this post.
Hugs to you all -
Heather
Sounds like a wonderful night. How special it must be to have those connections.
You got great shots of all the kiddos. Thanks again for opening your gorgeous house to all of us. Such beautiful families. Charlotte had a blast - I think all the kids did! I know Adam and I did as well :)
Ainsley is so well-behaved and mature, too - she was looking out for Charlotte when the kids were playing under the stairs.
It was a fabulous time and for those of us still waiting it was so encouraging and upliftng to see all the beautiful little ones there, so healthy, happy and enjoying each other. Thank you so much for being such willing and gracious hosts. We were blessed!
All evening, people were commenting on your wonderful hospitality and generosity in opening up your home to such a big group. We had a delightful time, as you can see from Ellie's chocolately smile!
Thank you so much for a truly lovely evening.
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Oh that is so beautiful.. I got chills looking at each beautiful girl and reading what you wrote.
Love,
Kim
Oh what beautiful children, every single one! That was so nice of you to organize something so special~
We all had a lovely time, thanks so much for including us in your 'red thread' party!
Hayley, Mike, Piper & Paisley!
Found you through Hayley and just loved seeing my nieces in those dresses I bought for them!! I will be adding your blog to my bloglines, your children are gorgeous! I'll probably meet you guys this summer when I'm up for a visit :O)
Super cute pics of all the girls! We had a great time & Olivia loved playing with all the kids. Thanks again...you threw an amazing party!
Wow - that's a group of beautiful girls! Sounds like a fun and very special party!
Rachel
We had so much fun. Thanks for hosting and thanks everyone for the awesome food.
Especially the desserts!
Thanks again for having us over, we had a great time & Maddy loved the slide in the basement.
Blessings!