Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Weekend of Sweetness! & SLEEP!




Clearly God saw the dark circles, and He agreed it was time for this Mama to get some sleep! Thank you to all of you (including my BSF group) who were praying for us.  She has had four nights in a row without a party of two in her room at 3am!!

We had a very low key and productive weekend around the house.  Spring is still fighting with winter, but it is nice enough to be outside today.  The promise of 60's has Jeff cleaning off the deck furniture!!  We are hosting a fun event on Saturday here, so we are praying for nice weather!

As you can see from the pictures, Ainsley has been helping with Ruby's nap and bedtime routine.  I let her put her down for a nap the other day (diaper duty and all) and she did great.  Last night Ruby let her read her two favorite books to her, "Goodnight Gorilla," and "Five Little Monkeys!"  It was so precious as Mama-razzi snuck in for some priceless pics!

Today I have a heavy heart though.  A dear friend that I have met through Ainsley's friendship with her daughter, is taking her husband Scott back to The Mayo Clinic tomorrow morning.  Scott was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia last summer.  He has fought a very long battle thus far.  Unfortunately, his blast counts have increased dramatically and they really need God to intervene with the miracle of healing!  Thankfully, we are going to take care of precious Lauren tonight.  Ainsley adores her, and I know she is so excited that we get to help with a "sleepover!"

Please pray for Michelle and Scott!  They have two children, and as you can all imagine this is so overwhelming.  I am praying not only for Scott, but for peace for Michelle as she struggles trying to be there for Scott & the children.  She is one of the most faithful people I have ever met.  She truly inspires me as she hangs on to the promise of hope!

So once again I find myself giving thanks for good health for Jeff, and for our children, and for my parents who amaze me in their late 70's, and early 80's!  I am reminded that life here is only temporary, so I choose to not take it for granted today!

Hug your husbands & your kiddos!
Blessings,
Diana

10 comments:

jennifer said...

Yea!!! Sleep is SO good!!! It's amazing how much better you feel after a good night.

The pictures are adorable, as usual. I hope Spring wins soon for you!

The Oswalds said...

Ruby & Kylee seem to be on similar sleep cycles. Kylee has been doing wonderfully lately too! Praise God! Everyone in the house is much happier with a good nights sleep. Very sweet pictures!

Angie said...

Praising God for the rest you got and lifting up Michelle, Scott and their family. How difficult this must be!

Precious pics of your girls!
Angie

Eileen said...

We've been having sleep issues with Allison too, but she slept all night last night! In fact it's 7:35 a.m. and she's still sleeping. Miracle. She used to sleep all night, don't know what happened. Well Lindsey had sleep issues on and off for a few years after she came home, but now at almost 5 years old she sleeps like a log. :-)

Anyway, so sorry to hear about your friends.

I'm glad you found my blog! I would love to keep in touch when we can. I think you can find my email via my blog if you ever want to write that way.

Have a great day!

Chesnye said...

Hello, I followed your journey through myadoptionwebsite and stummbled across your bog. Ruby and Ainsley are just darling. What a sweet big sister! And how sorry I am for your friends, I will keep them in my prayers.
We are praying about an adoption journey for our family. I was wondering if I could ask you some questions. My email is
csteward7100@msn.com or our blogs are sweetpeasandsnapdragons and bellaandherbubs.
Thank you so much!
Hugs,
Chesnye

Tracy said...

I am all caught up! Yes, Ruby is quite the girly girl! I made the mistake of leaving the American Girl catalog on teh coffee table, and Charlotte was quite taken with it!! Uh-oh! :)

So glad that your sleepless nights are lessening.

Sending prayers for your friend :(

Tracy

Anna B. said...

So grateful to be reminded to not take any moment for granted...even cold and sleep deprived ones :-) Truly I needed to read that this morning. Please extend our prayers and hope to your friend. It must be terribly difficult for their family.

Hugs,
Anna

Heather said...

Oh Diana - what an important post. First, the love between two sisters, just magical! So glad you were able to sneak in some much needed rest - I think our children know:)

Secondly, we will pray for Michelle and Scott and Lauren and her sibling - I am sad that any family has to endure this type of pain and I pray for a miracle.

Have a blessed week!
Love,
Heather

3 Peanuts said...

I am go thrilled that you got some sleep:)

Love these cute sister photos! I will pray for Michelle and Scott and their family. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling.

Kim

Jodee said...

Life is so much sweeter with uninterrupted sleep! Hope the pattern continues! Love the sister pictures.

So sorry to hear about your friends. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive