Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkins & "More Party Please"





We had a great family weekend!  Saturday night was our annual pumpkin carving party with our family group.   It was Ruby's first pumpkin party, since I recall she slept through most of it last year.  Ainsley had so much fun teaching Ruby to say "party" and then asking her to repeat is ALL day!  When it came time for the actual event, Ruby was so excited to be hosting!!!  She was a little shy at first when the guests arrived, but it didn't take long to embrace the fun!

Ruby woke up at 4:15 this morning.  When I went in to check on her, she said... "Mama more party please!"  How cute is that?  I had to break it to her that the party was over, and that all of our friends were home sleeping.  This seemed to sink in, and she went back to bed too!

We were up early after a late night, because the four of us participated in the flag festival that kicked off Missions Week at our Church.  We carried the China Flags proudly!  I will post pics later of that!  It was a very special morning for our family!

Well, Miss Ruby is upstairs very un-happy about being in her bed.  So, I better go check to see if she is looking for "more party!"

Blessings for a great week!


22 comments:

K and/or K said...

Just came across your blog. Your kiddos are adorable! I love her "more party" spirit!

Jana said...

Gorgeous photos, as always!! And I LOVE Ruby's jumper -- that's just way too cute. Nothing wrong with a "party girl"!

Christy said...

What great fun!!! I love the pics and love the idea of a pumpkin carving party. That is a great idea. We are going to do our carving this week. Sounds like Ruby's language is really comming along great-- good for her!!!

HAve a great week!!

Christy :)

Robin said...

We also hosted a halloween party for our China group this weekend(and a few othr friends too). We had such a great time. Clara Beth is litle Miss Social and Emanuiel has come to LOVE parties since he's been to so many lately. We didn't carve pumpkins instead we cut and decorated with stick on foam. The children had a ball cutting away. Hop over to my blog and check out the slide show of our party.

Love Ruby's Halloween jumper and I would also like more party please!! Especially great parties with great friends!!!

Blessings to you,
Robin

Rachel said...

The pumpkin party sounds like fun! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Ruby's kitty cat dress!

Rachel

The Oswalds said...

That is the cutest "pumpkin party" dress ever! Don't we all want "more party please"! So cute!

Stefanie said...

Sounds so fun!! And the pictures are fantastic :) Love to hear all about your precious family!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I LOVE her black jumper!!!! I'm with her...More party please!!

Heather said...

Good morning friend,

I am with Ruby - more party please!!

Hope you enjoy as wonderful a week as you did the weekend.

Love the pic with you Ainsley and Ruby - priceless.

Love,
Heather

Ani said...

such a cute party girl...
love her cat romper, where did you get that?????

OH MY #6 said...

Incredible pictures!

lea
xo

Tracy said...

Great pictures - and how cute is that cat dress and the adorable girl wearing it!! ;)

MORE PARTY PLEASE!! Too cute!

katrina said...

I love her black jumper. It looks like it was a lot of fun

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hey Di~

Watch out for your party girl. It's cute now but uh-oh when she's 16...

I know you have the best parties with your family group and I'm so glad you continue to carry on your fun family traditions.

I loved your special pictures and was glad to see you beautiful smiling face, too.

Happy Happy!
Lisa

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

That is just adorable! More Party PLEASE - She said please - how could you refuse that!!!
I LOVE that dress she is wearing - I just photographed some friends of ours at the pumpkin patch last Saturday and she had that same dress and when she came to get the pictures on Wednesday - she surprised me with the same dress for Li! I think that it is darling on your RUBY!!!
Ladybug hugs,
;D

jennifer said...

That is the cutest dress ever!! The pics are adorable. Even at 4:15, that had to be the cutest thing ever!

Denise C said...

Oh what lovely pictures!!! I just love Ruby's little black cat dress!!! That is so precious!!!
Your family is just beautiful!!!
Sweet Blessings!
Denise C

Denise said...

I always get a smile when I come here!

3 Peanuts said...

Ruby looks absolutely DARLING in these photos!


Kim

AmyO said...

Her kitty dress is soooo cute! I love it!

Yoli said...

Beautiful children and lovely blog!

snekcip said...

New to your site and I have to say YOUR KIDS are absolutely ADORABLE!!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive