Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ruby Tuesday Ramblings.....

One year ago I took this photo of Her Rubiness!  I bought this beautiful dress the day after I got her referral.  She has grown up in so many ways since that day.  I just love this picture!

Well, I have not had time for Ruby Tuesday Ramblings in a while.  Being a working Mom was harder than I thought.  Not because the work was hard, it just doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging!  My six weeks of employment has come to an end.  Thanks to my boss, it all went well!  Ruby really struggled for a while with separation from me, etc., but she is doing great now.  She has been sleeping really well again at night, and we are so grateful!

I have to brag on Jeff for a minute...  He has made it possible for his two employees and new Mom's to come back to work after 6 weeks with their infants!!!!  Yes, it is like a mini day care over at his office.  Pack n' Plays, Swings, mobiles, diapers, etc....  Isn't that awesome?!!!  The Mom's are thrilled, and the babies are doing great!  They have privacy when they need it, and they have their precious kiddos right next to them why they work.  I think it is an amazing thing he is doing for two great Mom's!  It shows how much he appreciates them!!

Ainsley is doing great at school and we are very proud of her.  We had her first conference, and it was full of good news.  She has started ballet, and she is loving it.  It took us a while, but after all of the twirling and dancing in front of her mirror we decided this was probably her thing!  We continue to battle over piano practice, but who doesn't!  The frustrating thing is she is really good at it.  But, the harder it gets the more she pushes back.  Ainsley has a gift for procrastination and negotiating.  Not sure what that will equate to someday, but my guess is something great!  For now, she is making me a crazy person!!!  :)

Ruby continues to make us laugh out loud!  A very sweet Mom I don't even know came up to me yesterday in a 2 year old class we go to once a week.  She said, "every time I see Ruby she makes me smile..."  Me too!  Today we go to BSF where Ruby attends a class with young two year olds.  It is such a blessing to see her embrace learning about God.  At dinner now, Ruby prays for us...  She says three words with her hands folded together...  "God, tanks, A-men!"
So sweet..  She will not go to bed now without us praying with her... Again so sweet.  It takes me back to what her life could have been like in China.  Would she have known God?  It is one of our greatest joys to teach her about Him!

Well, I need to get going...  So much to ramble about, but I guess that will be another Tuesday!

Blessings to you as you venture out today!

P.S:   Anyone else ready for the elections to be OVER!


12 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Love this photo and I love hearing the little things about Jeff (GREAT Boss!), Ainsley( way to go with school and ballet!) and cutie pie Ruby (who makes everyone smile...well maybe NOT that lady in Costco and Starbucks last week!)

Thanks for the sweet updates:)

Kim

my3 kids said...

What a beautiful picture of such a beautiful little girl. She sounds so sweet and happy. That is awesome what your hubby has done for the ladies who work for him...have a wonderful day:)

Love Being A Nonny said...

I too LOVE the picture of Ruby! What a doll! And Ainsley, I can tell from the pictures and from your descriptions of her, she is FILLED with personality and spunk. She will indeed go far!! And YES, I am SOOOO ready for Nov 5. I wouldn't mind it so much if there were EVER any POSITIVE words. It's not so much just the election, but the negative connotations that go along with it!!!

Oh, and I do BSF too! Learning lots right now about MOSES!

Christy said...

I love that your hubby made it possible to be with their babies in the office. That is an awesome boss for you-- that is priceless. Im glad the girls are doing well and really-- who does not hate the piano when they are young-- I know I did! Ruby is a joy and I cant wait to see her a year from now-- she is just precious!! I agree the working thing is hard and I only work 2 days a week and those are such hard days for our fmaily. I am beat when I get home and have so very little for my kids-- it is hard. I cant imagine what single moms go thorugh on a regular basis-- crazy!!

Christy :)

missy said...

What a happy, upbeat post! Just what I needed today :)

I am so glad that everyone is doing so well in your household. God is so good. You should be extremely proud of all of them and their accomplishments.

YES, I am SO ready for the election to be over. I am tired of it consuming conversations everywhere I go. Enough already! : )

Have a great week!

Kam said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment and donation! It's so good to see your beautiful daughters! Ruby's picture is precious! I can't wait to take a thousand of our Joel with our two girls! God is so good!...and yes, November 5th can't come soon enough for me!
Blessings to you,
Kam

Tisha said...

Diana,

What a great picture of Ruby; Kensie has the exact same dress. :) Kudos to your hubby; what a great working environment for new moms. It sounds like both of your girls are thriving!

Blessings,
Tisha

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Your hubby is AWESOME! What a guy to put family first! He gets boss of the year in my book!

I love Ruby in her dress and I hope that smile never leaves her face!

The clothes came today!!! Thanks you! I tried everything on and it fits perfectly! I can't wait for the clothes I ordered from T. on Friday to come! I think she probably thinks I am manic - it was pouring rain when I was giving her my order :D

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Beth said...

Isn't it sweet to hear young voices in prayer?! Hope prays with us at every meal and before bed too. One of her bedtime prayers talks about angels and how we can't see them but God can. YEA...teachable moment. Now Hope talks about God in her heart. SO CUTE!

Sharon said...

What a great man you have! The two days I spend in the office (soon to be one) Hudson can tag along with me or Mark. We are both grateful for Christian environments to work in and co-workers who love our kids!
Love the fall pictures!

Anonymous said...

She certainly has grown up. They don't stay little for long. I am so thankful that she is learning about her heavenly father from her forever family. YES I am so ready for the elections to be OVER!!

Team Houston said...

I am ready for the elections to be over.

How cute, the prayers and your Hubby doing that at work for them!!! That is AMAZING!!

Take care, Michele

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive