Friday, November 21, 2008

"Homework" - Day 3




Ainsley's favorites girls from the crew!
(Gloria, Johanna, & Patty = Makeup, Asst. Director, Wardrobe)

It's officially a wrap!  At 2:30 today the "Kemp's Family" successfully wrapped their third commercial in three days!  It is really mind boggling to see what goes into a 30 second spot!
The birthday party yesterday, and the kitchen scene today were done at a private home in Altadena, CA.  The owners have a beautiful carriage house that the Art & Prop departments turned into a fabulous kitchen for one day!

The premise of today's story was Ainsley and "Doug her Dad" are in the kitchen.  She is doing homework at the island, while Dad does flashcards with the cow!  Dad is helping Georgia the cow to learn her frozen yogurt flavors!  Very funny!

My take away from this trip is that I am very proud of The Pearl.  For three days she was patient, a great listener, and respectful.  She did her best, and stayed focused.  That is all that Jeff and I could ever ask from her in this situation.  It was a great experience.  One she will never forget!  As I type she is sound asleep in our hotel room.  We have an early wake-up call to get to the airport.  We are excited to be back home with Dad & Ruby Mei!

Signing off from LAX!



10 comments:

Judi said...

What a great experience for Ainsley! It looks like she had a lot of fun!

jennifer said...

I know you must be so proud of her! What a great life experience for her!!

Christy said...

Di,

I can not be any more disappointed that I did not get to meet you while you were out. Literally you were only a half hour away from our house-- im so sad. I left you a message on your cell last night but I didnt get your meddage until the evening and I was in a training all day on Friday. Oh well, maybe the pearl will be out to do more comercials soon-- would love to atually meet you in person then :)

Christy :)

Snowflowers Mum said...

wow! what a great experience! I have to tell you a funny coincidence that happened today, I signed Piper up for ballet lessons, and guess who one of her teachers will be?
Ainsley's 'Kemps' mom Miss Amy!

the world just keeps getting smaller

Laurie said...

It sure was fun to sit in on this neat experience Ainsley had. She is just precious, and I'm sure you were SO proud of her- what a doll!

Jodee said...

What a fun experience! You must be such a proud mama! Have a safe trip back to MN!

Jboo said...

Sounds like it was loads of fun, but I'm sure you are both ready to get home and back to real life!

Have a great week.

Janet

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience for Ainsley! Can't wait to see the commercials when they air on tv and we can say we know Ainsley!

Stefanie said...

You must be so proud of your girl!! What a wonderful (and BUSY) three days you all have had!
I just can't get over that HUGE COW in that kitchen.... what a sweetheart she must be... or is she?! :)

Tracy said...

I can definitely see why you are proud of your girl! She is such a sweetheart - and talented, too! I loved her "birthay party" pictures and seeing her "TV family" - so cool. :)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive