Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Anniversary...


When we adopted Ruby Mei we used AWAA.  We had a wonderful experience with them.  Their policy at the time, was to call you on referral day with the news of your child.  But, then we had to wait until the next day to see her face.  They email photos in the morning, and they send a fedex package priority...  That was a very long night of anticipation!!!!  But, so exciting to open up the email and see her precious face!  Jeff was in AZ that morning, so we anxiously hit open at the same time.  What we saw, brought us such joy! 

I took this photo during our tea party.  The little girl in the green puffy coat, has turned into such a pretty princess!

Blessings for a wonderful weekend!

P.S:  Someone asked yesterday about Ruby's dress.  It is Ballerina Dress from the Matilda Jane Spring Anticipation Collection...

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Could you share where you found Ruby's Valentine's Day shirt as well? She has a lot of cute clothes =)

Happy referral anniversary, too!

Sandy H. said...

Happy Anniversary! Ruby is just perfect and beautiful too!

Hugs,
Sandy and Audrey

Shower of blessings! said...

Happy Referral and the "day after referral" anniversary! :-) I remember those feelings very well! It will be 3 years at the end of this month that we traveled to China and met our Robiana. Oh, so many special and wonderful memories!!!!! Both of your girls are so adorable. I remember reading about your referral...and then your trip in May! Nice pictures!

Blessings, Diana

Leslie said...

I cannot believe that is has been 2 years already! I remember following your other website and remarking about how beautiful Ruby was/is. Such a special day when you see your daughter's face for the first time! Such sweet memories.

Tracy said...

Happy belated referral anniversary! I remember that day and was so happy for you and it gave me hope that it would happen for us (and did - a half year later!)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive