Monday, April 27, 2009
The New Lens Learning Curve....




As my wise friend Kim told me, I would have a learning curve with my new birthday present. Jeff bought me the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D Portrait Lens. Thanks Honey!! Let's just say as you can see by the two last photos, I need to work on my settings.... I was so bummed when I looked at these, and realized how blown out they were... I love the shots of the Pearl & The Ruby... Perhaps someone out there knows how to save them? Oh well, I am very excited about this new accessory for my camera, and I will be working hard to figure out what I am doing with it!!!! No time to miss the great shots!Blessings,
Labels:
Photography,
Sisters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
April
(20)
- Can you say lucky Mom behind the Camera?
- Better.....
- The New Lens Learning Curve....
- Thank you...
- "Wild Rumpus" with Grandma!!!
- Daughters {Diana}
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Belated Easter Pics, etc...
- Ruby's afternoon at Camp H!
- Happy Easter!
- Adios Mexico!
- Totally Mexico!!
- The Cousins!
- Day 4 Favs!
- Day 3 Favorites!
- Senorita Ruby Mei!
- Senorita Pearl!
- Mexico!!!!
- Desperately seeking Vitamin D!
- Wordless Wednesday!
-
▼
April
(20)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
-
2009
(181)
- December(16)
- November(12)
- October(15)
- September(15)
- August(7)
- July(18)
- June(15)
- May(21)
-
April(20)
- Can you say lucky Mom behind the Camera?
- Better.....
- The New Lens Learning Curve....
- Thank you...
- "Wild Rumpus" with Grandma!!!
- Daughters {Diana}
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Belated Easter Pics, etc...
- Ruby's afternoon at Camp H!
- Happy Easter!
- Adios Mexico!
- Totally Mexico!!
- The Cousins!
- Day 4 Favs!
- Day 3 Favorites!
- Senorita Ruby Mei!
- Senorita Pearl!
- Mexico!!!!
- Desperately seeking Vitamin D!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- March(21)
- February(13)
- January(8)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

4 comments:
I just ordered a 1.8 lens at Laurie's suggestion...I'm pretty sure my learning curve will be STEEEEEEP!
Good Luck, you always end up with such lovely photos...I'm sure it wont take you long to master.
Your so much farther than me still trying to figure on the basics of my D40....as always, beautiful girls! Glad your birthday was extra special!!!
You are going to love the lens. If you want some tips, e-mail me. It will truly change the way you take pictures, the ways your pictures look and how you see light.
Happy Birthday!
Since it lets so much light in...you don't need as high an ISO. Practice on Aperture priority or a while. The new ones are GREAT!