Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Gingerbread Houses at Camp H!
We have been blessed to be part of a group with five other families for many years now. We have been through a lot together. We have prayed, shared, laughed, learned, cried, and celebrated together! These amazing people have taught us so much about parenting, marriage, relationships, giving of self, Christ, and love. We are blessed to call them friends.
Every year (with the exception of 2008) we have gathered at "Camp H" to do Gingerbread Houses. This was Ruby's first year joining in on the festivities. We had a wonderful time!
Thanks Jon & Liz for hosting such a fun afternoon!
2005

2006

2007

2009

Thirteen special kids, ages 3-17...

Her Rubiness working hard on her first Gingerbread Man!

Part of the fun.. Seeing who's house will cave in first.. This year The Lowe's win... We were not too far behind them! Nothing that a little more frosting and some cardboard couldn't fix!

Five very special Dads!


Finally.... Mom's in a photo!

Ainsley's other favorite Mom, Miss Liz of Camp H!

Ruby's favorite pal, Natalie!

How did these girls get so grown up, and beautiful?
Abby, Emily, and Annie

One of Ainsley's favorite people, Katie!
Labels:
Family Group,
Gingerbread Houses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
December
(16)
- I Interrupt This Wordless Wednesday with...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- The English Garden Suite! at our house...
- What's next?
- A Very Snowy and Wonderful Christmas!
- Merry Christmas!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- She Loves Pretty Clothes!!!
- Merry Christmas!
- Gwynne!!!
- Her Rubiness Takes the Stage!
- The Pearl's First Solo!!!
- Gingerbread Houses at Camp H!
- A Pig in a Tutu!!
- Guess Who's Favorite Color is Red?
- Wordless Wednesday!
-
▼
December
(16)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
-
2009
(181)
-
December(16)
- I Interrupt This Wordless Wednesday with...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- The English Garden Suite! at our house...
- What's next?
- A Very Snowy and Wonderful Christmas!
- Merry Christmas!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- She Loves Pretty Clothes!!!
- Merry Christmas!
- Gwynne!!!
- Her Rubiness Takes the Stage!
- The Pearl's First Solo!!!
- Gingerbread Houses at Camp H!
- A Pig in a Tutu!!
- Guess Who's Favorite Color is Red?
- Wordless Wednesday!
- November(12)
- October(15)
- September(15)
- August(7)
- July(18)
- June(15)
- May(21)
- April(20)
- March(21)
- February(13)
- January(8)
-
December(16)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

7 comments:
What BEAUTIFUL pictures, Diana! What a cool tradition to have with so many special friends... I bet Ruby was so excited to participate :)
And P.S. I just now saw your beautiful new blog with pictures of Sienna Grace.... LOVE IT! Now all you need is TA (me too!) so you can bring your girl HOME :)
Still praying we're in China together!
Hi
I followed your Journey to Ruby and I am looking forward to reading about Sienna Grace. My husband and I just recently accepted a special needs referral for a 10 month old in Jiangxi Province. We were logged in March of 2007 and decided that the wait was becoming to long and so we switched over to special needs. We feel blessed to have the opportunity to be her parents.
I read a few weeks ago that you sent a care package to Sienna. Did you send it directly the social Institute (even if they are in Foster Care)? Or do you go through a company? I would like to send one to Caroline but I am not sure the best way.
Thanks for any advice. I have loved following your journey.
Katrina
http://onefamiliesjourneytochina.blogspot.com/
SO fun!!! I have Mark talked into staying home next year for Christmas. We haven't done this since I have been married, 18 years and I am SO looking forward to starting our own traditions like this!
So adorable...what a GREAT tradition. I love seeing Ainsley when she in tiny:)
Diana~ I remember these 'annual' photos from years past!! Only the kids are looking way more grown up in these pics than I remember! Still as adorable as ever. What a blessing to have such neat traditions with such special friends! Love it!!
And did I mention that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new blog design!! Just perfect, I tell you... PERFECT!!! :)
Can't wait to see Sienna home with all of you. I just love seeing her photo adorning your blog...she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL...just like the rest of your precious girls!! Have a blessed Christmas season and keep me posted!!
Love ya,
~Tanya
Looks like so much fun!
I LOVE this tradition - Gosh, I must remember it from 2007, because I DO remember it. Great pictures and what a fun family time.
And seriously - how do you know so many good looking people and kids? No ugly friends?!?!?!