Sunday, March 7, 2010
UPDATE
Sienna woke up after a fairly good night of sleep with her lowest fever so far of 101.5! Praise the Lord. We are now dealing with a little girl who is run down, and is unable to keep anything in her tummy. And, she is refusing liquids other than a sip of sprite so far. We are waiting for our guide where we will be taking her back to the American Clinic for an evaluation. Our assumption is we will be seeing the walls of a hospital in China today. Unfortunately, due to her Thalassemia our fear is that her oxygen levels are low from her high fever. This truly is your worst nightmare as an adoptive parent in China waiting to go home. But, we know that we have to do what is right for Sienna.
She continues to be a brave little girl with an inner-strength that one can't help but be in awe of.
We will not lose hope, but cling to God's promise to love an protect us all. Thank you for interceding on our behalf! I will get back to Kim when I can."
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isa 41:13
~Diana
Labels:
China Trip 2010,
Sienna Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
March
(27)
- Two Very Special "Spicy Girls!"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna Learns to Ride!
- Easter Egg Hunt 2010
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna's First Cabin Trip!
- Only 35 more signatures to 2000!!!!
- What's Bedtime Like at Your House?
- A Day in the Life of "Thing 1 and Thing 2"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Today...
- 4 Days Home with Miss Sienna Grace!
- Welcome Home Sienna Grace!
- Coming Home
- Sweet Sienna
- UPDATE
- Prayers for Sienna
- Sienna's Salon & Spa at OneTrueMedia.com
- Sienna's Medical Exam
- In Guangzhou!
- Celebrating Ruby's Referral From China!
- My Montage 3/3/10 at OneTrueMedia.com
- Changsha - Wal*Mart with Sienna
- Silly Sisters
- Eye Candy
- A good day
- Introducing Miss Sienna Grace
-
▼
March
(27)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
-
March(27)
- Two Very Special "Spicy Girls!"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna Learns to Ride!
- Easter Egg Hunt 2010
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna's First Cabin Trip!
- Only 35 more signatures to 2000!!!!
- What's Bedtime Like at Your House?
- A Day in the Life of "Thing 1 and Thing 2"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Today...
- 4 Days Home with Miss Sienna Grace!
- Welcome Home Sienna Grace!
- Coming Home
- Sweet Sienna
- UPDATE
- Prayers for Sienna
- Sienna's Salon & Spa at OneTrueMedia.com
- Sienna's Medical Exam
- In Guangzhou!
- Celebrating Ruby's Referral From China!
- My Montage 3/3/10 at OneTrueMedia.com
- Changsha - Wal*Mart with Sienna
- Silly Sisters
- Eye Candy
- A good day
- Introducing Miss Sienna Grace
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

30 comments:
Diana,
Sending more prayers your way for precious little Sienna! I know having you all around her is a comfort.I pray that her fever goes down and her health is restored.
Oh, this is not what I wanted to hear this evening as I know y'all are beginning your day in China. I am so sorry and still storming the gates for Sienna to be treated with wisdom by the doctors & healed. Praying for your whole family to have the strength to be what Sienna Grace needs right now.
Praying so much for your precious baby! So hoping she is better today. I pray God holds you all every step you take today!
I will be praying..... this breaks my heart and I can't imagine how scared she must be and you too...
Praying for God's healing, wisdom and peace...
God's speed...
Daleea
We are praying for healing and strength! Take it one step at a time. I know that this is all very scary. Jesus is right there beside you all, holding your hands. We love you guys!
Thank you for updating us. Praying & hurting for all of you. I can't imagine what each of you are going through, but thankfully we know someone who can. He will not let you go. Love you!
Oh man, sending good thoughts and prayers your way. And huge hugs. And hope.
We are continuing to keep your sweet family, and precious Ruby in our prayers. Also, I'm not sure where you have visited, and if you will see this in time, but wanted to suggest the CanAm clinic at the Garden hotel. It is supposed to be very good, and would be worth a visit to before a hospital I think. Hope that helps :) Hang in there!
Sara
Praying like crazy for all of you.
I'm glad to hear the fever has gone down and I will keep praying!
Prayers sent up....thinking of you!
I have been and will continue to pray for Sienna and your family. Later, I will help fight to have these vaccination requirements altered. I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you have to go through this and that your lovely new daughter has to bear the brunt of some ill-conceived bureaucratic hoop to jump through. For now, give her a hug from those of us back in the states (and around the world) who are praying that her health is quickly restored and that you can continue your journey home with your beautiful new daughter.
Love and peace,
Wendy
Continuing the prayers for Sienna!!
Hold onto that scripture and know that God is with you. Glad to hear her fever is going down though. We have been praying for God to cover Sienna's body and her little organs in His hedge of protection, so that her high fevers could not do any damage. Poor girl. Praying for His grace and stregth to sustain you through this difficult time.
love you all,
~Tanya
Sending prayers up for you all! Having been to hospitals in foregn contries I can imagine what you are going through in part. You are right, you have to do what is best for your daughter and remember, this is all part of HIS grater plan! I am glad Sienna's fever has dropped a few degrees and pray her tiny body continues to heal.
I hope Sienna feels better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with her.
I am so sorry, Diana. I will be praying for strength for your whole family and healing for Sienna.
Praying for the great Physician's healing! Will continue to pray for sweet Sienna!
Checked first thing this morning. Awww sweet Sienna, beautiful baby I hope you feel better soon.
Praying for your sweet daughter and all of you!
Continuing to pray!
Prayers for your precious girl!
Praying in full force today for you all to be able to get her home to the states...love you~
May your unfailing love rest upon us,O LORD,even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22
Diana--I haven't had a chance to comment this weekend but I have and will continue to pray diligently for your baby girl and your family. PLEASE contact your hematologist here in the US. I'm sure you have...but JIK you have not...PLEASE contact him before you get on that plane. As a Pediatric Critical Care Nurse, I would not leave China without making that call.
Thinking and praying for sweet Sienna.
((hugs))
I just saw the new update on MAW. So glad you have been in contact with your Hematologist. I will continue to pray for your sweet girl.
XOXO from TN
You are all heavy on my heart and just wanted you to know that I am praying.... the Lord woke me up throughout the night and your Sienna would come to mind and I would lift her up to the Great Physician Who is able to heal with a word...
Praying she will be well soon.... God has a plan.... as horrible as this has been Jesus will cause good to come from it... Romans 8:28.
God's Healing, peace and God's speed home...
Praying for you all and thanking God you are there for Sienna.
It is so heartbreaking to see little Sienna so obviously sick. It really makes me furious that parents have to get all of the vaccinations in China - particularly for children with blood disorders like Sienna's. It's just not right - parents should be able to bring their kids back to the US and have titers run and have them receive vaccinations on a schedule that their bodies can handle better.
I will be praying that the Visa comes through for your guys and that Sienna begins to feel better and stronger. Gosh, it is so so tough, when your child is refusing liquids!! Does she have a love for ice cream?? ...Well, I'm sure you guys have been thinking of all avenues to try to get liquids in her.
I wish you all a much better and healthier day!!
Praying for you and will be checking in.