Sunday, April 18, 2010
Ruby Mei


Five weeks ago, Ruby Mei's world changed dramatically... A new sister joined her life. One that she shares a similar story with. One that is almost exactly one year older than her. Both from China, both adopted, both loved!!
But, for Her Rubiness she also was forced into a position of sharing not only her room, but her world! One week after Sienna was home, Ruby said to me, "Mom take her back and bring her home again next week!" Not kidding... At least she didn't ask me to take her back forever! I guess no one really asked her permission to let Sienna share her things, her clothes, her toys, her dogs, her sister, her parents, her school, her everything! We tried to prepare her, but can you really?
I remember being in China with my newest strong willed child, thinking is Ruby going to survive this. But, what I forgot in that short time away, was that Ruby was no wallflower! The truth is she is a tiny and fabulous dynamo! God knew what He was doing when he brought these sisters together! You see, Ruby lives life large. The highs are HIGH, and lows are LOUD!!! We have had many a meltdown since March 11th! But, I have to say Ruby has been blessed with a forgiving heart. She is the first one to find her sense of humor when she is frustrated or her feelings are hurt.
Yesterday, while in the bathtub Sienna said "Sorry Mei Mei" for the very first time! It only took 5 weeks. Ruby's response, "It's OK, I forgive you!" Then Ruby hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek!
The bottom line is Ruby and Sienna are finding their way together. It's not always storybook. But when they are in the zone, it is so beautiful! We here more laughter than tears these days! Ruby is very proud of Sienna. She tells everyone who will listen that she went to school 3 days with her!
On May 8th we will celebrate 3 years with Her Rubiness! It feels like yesterday that we were scanning the Civil Affairs office in Nanchang for this child that brings us so much joy!
Blessings,
Labels:
Ruby Mei
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
April
(16)
- Two Months with Sienna Grace!
- Cherry Blossoms!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Thankful for my awesome Husband!
- Seven Children Need Forever Families!
- "It's So Beautiful!"
- Ruby Mei
- And, on Friday we rest!!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Guess Who Went to Pre-School Today?
- What Love Can Do...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- A Beautiful Easter Sunday!
- HAPPY EASTER!
- Sienna's English Immersion!
- Blessed!
-
▼
April
(16)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
-
April(16)
- Two Months with Sienna Grace!
- Cherry Blossoms!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Thankful for my awesome Husband!
- Seven Children Need Forever Families!
- "It's So Beautiful!"
- Ruby Mei
- And, on Friday we rest!!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Guess Who Went to Pre-School Today?
- What Love Can Do...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- A Beautiful Easter Sunday!
- HAPPY EASTER!
- Sienna's English Immersion!
- Blessed!
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

21 comments:
LOVE these two pics of Ruby! So beautiful!! Sounds like they are truly sisters....good days and bad days...! :)
I LOVE these pics of Ruby!! I have a soft place in my heart for that sweet girl. I can't wait to meet her in person!!!!!
I'm so proud of little Ruby. She is doing amazing and I know she is getting that much needed support from you all.
Jill
Thanks for sharing your story. It really is an adjustment and different experience for each member of the family. You must be so very proud of Ruby. I guess you must be proud of all three of your beautiful daughters! It's been moving to watch your family grow!!
Oh, how this post sounds like our two 'littles' getting their grove on!!!
Just a couple of days ago, Avery said sorry to Shea and gave her a big kiss!!
Such sweetness!!!
God is good!!
Beautiful pictures! There is nothing like watching that special bond as it grows between the two of them.
Blessings,
Robin
Love the pics of Ruby! More than that I just love Ruby!!! Change is hard for all of us - but I knew Miss Ruby would prevail! I'm glad things are going well and the girls are forming their sisterly bond! Miss you guys!
Love -
B
Beautiful post with beautiful pictures and a beautiful story of a sister story unfolding.
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim
So proud of her!!!!! She is such an amazing little girl! Great job, mom and dad!!
Love the pics of Ruby!
Sounds so familiar to me. Our little dynamo Samantha had quite an adjustment after her new brother came home in February. I am happy to report in April that things have settled down and they are playing together nicely as I type. In time they all adjust. Samantha still need lots of my attention but she knows I will always be here for her and no one will change that.
I am glad to hear that things are settling down for you too.
Your girls are precious!
Jennifer
I have been asking Hudson if he wants a little sister and every time he answers quickly with a very loud "NO, only a toy one"....I do think he isn't quite ready for his world to be rocked yet but he did announce at the dinner table last week "Anja, from China was missing" and he would share his bowls with her...You are great parents and I am sure manage the "loud lows" like pros....Your girls are all so blessed!!!
Now that went straight to my heart. You see I can't wait to read your posts because I am seeing myself in your shoes in the coming months. We too are trying prepare EK for her new sister. They too will share a room, clothes, toys, and life. I already pray they will adjust as well as your girls have. I know He is blessing your family daily. Thanks for sharing!!!
blessings!
Oh Diana, you said it so well and the photos of Ruby are so sweet...I like the "nobody asked her..." Thanks for sharing.
Emily
Such beautiful photos of such a beautiful girl. Way to go Ruby! Bless you for having such a forgiving heart.
Thanks for sharing Diana, I know we will experience similar things when we bring our Sienna home.
Blessings.
Karen
I love this post. Hannah too lives life large and LOUD! She is about as spicy as it gets and sometimes for soft, laid back Emily, it is more than she can take but truly, those words..."It's okay, I forgive you." have so much meaning. They remind me of my responsibility and also of my God who so often has to say, "It's okay Heather, I forgive you." Makes me so very thankful for soft hearts and for authentic relationships.
Have a wonderful week, Diana...gorgeous pictures of Ruby!
Love,
Heather
What fantastic pictures of Ruby. Just stunning eyes!! What a special little girl you have and a great sister!!
It was nice catching up on your blog!!!
Thanks for sharing about Ruby and Sienna's sisterhood. I think her Rubiness has done an amazing job adjusting to a new life of sharing everything that was once just her's with her new sister. I thought it was so cute how she asked if you could bring Sienna back and then bring her home again in one week. That's a heart of forgiveness...but one that needs a little healing time alone with mama some days, too. So sweet. She is a hunny...and you have done well to train her up in the way she should go. I can't believe your little Princess has been home almost 3 years already. She came to you a baby, and look at her now! She is blossoming into a beautiful young girl...and a wonderful MeiMei to both of her sisters! Your's was the first adoption journey I ever followed, so this is an extra special annivesary for me, too. God bless you all!
love and hugs,
~Tanya
Stunningly beautiful!
I just caught up on how you're all doing and I have tears in my eyes. What a wonderful story!
Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
That second photo of Ruby is, I think, my favorite of all your photos of her! I just love the angle and the look on her face!
Thank Heaven for sisters....