Monday, April 26, 2010

Thankful for my awesome Husband!

Thanks for the birthday messages! My husband made it a perfect day! Since Jeff does not get much air time over here at The Pearl & The Rubies, I thought it was time to love on him!

Let's just say he was speaking my love language on Saturday! He took the girls all day and told me to go shopping!!!!! Yes, you heard that ladies... Take the day, buy yourself something special and have it wrapped for your birthday! Like any "obedient" wife, I did as I was told! I stayed in my PJ's until noon, took a long shower, and went shopping! I was even planning to get my nails done, but there just wasn't time... The funniest part of the day is that I went to my favorite boutique ready to buy something cute, and I couldn't find one thing I just had to have. No worries, I went to another great store in the area and found two cute things! :)

I came home to beautiful flowers, a gigantic balloon, a fun gift certificate and cards that made me cry! One hour later some dear friends and my sister joined us for the perfect dinner party hosted by my wonderful husband! It was a very special birthday! And, Miss Sienna Grace completely got it. She had so much fun! And, I loved having her here to celebrate with me!

Jeff, thank you for making me feel so special! You knew exactly what I needed. It was the best birthday present ever!!! "Love Love!"

I think this is our second family photo since returning from China! Thanks Liz!

Finally, I have a picture of me with Sienna!!!

The beautiful Pearl!~

Forever my Baby!

Mom + Three!

Jeff, thanks for making FORTY SIX painless! Yikes, did I really just write that!

Have a great week!

27 comments:

Kim said...

Simply beautiful!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm thrilled you had such a special celebration and your hubby was sooooo thoughtful!! Your family picture is beautiful:) Here's to a great year filled with many special memories and blessings from above:)

Stefanie said...

What a wonderful husband... don't you love it when they know you better than you know yourself? Sounds like the PERFECT day :)
And, what? 46??? Dang, lady! You make 46 look GREAT!!!
BEAUTIFUL pictures of a beautiful family :)

Jodee said...

Holy cow! I think Jeff should go into party planning on the side! He did a fabulous job!

Love the family picture too!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a wonderful day! You deserved such a sweet day... love all the pics with your beautiful girls! And just so you feel loved about your age... that's how old I will be on my birthday as well... Blessings to you during this next year!
Sharon

kym said...

Happy Birthday! I love that you had such a special day, and that you had pictures with your girls, too! They are beautiful! You are beautiful!!!!

I have been sharing your story from Jan 4th I think, about God's plan for Sienna...and I have it copied, but the link in your sidebar doesn't work...thought you might want to know! :) Because it is an awesome story!!!!
Kym

Lilly said...

46? I didn't think you were more than 36!!

Happy Birthday! glad you had so much fun!

Shower of blessings! said...

Happy belated birthday! Beautiful family! Have a blessed year!!! Love, Diana

Lee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

You make 46 look amazing. Glad you had such a great day -- SO well deserved!

Leeanne

Ladybugsmom said...

Oh my goodness Diana no way 46 how can that be...I hit 45 last week and it surely will get more fun and crazy once we return from China with daughter #2....what a great day you had compliments of your hubby and sweet girls...happy bday belated!
Emily

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love the pictures and you make 46 look wonderful!!

3 Peanuts said...

Honey---you make 46 look DARNED GOOD!!!! I am only wishing I looked that good now! Love the family pics.

I thought you might not find something when Jeff sent you shopping at your fav boutique. That happns to me too:)

Glad you had a great b-day.
Kim

The Oswalds said...

Awesome! So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Love the family & mommy-daughter photos! You are a stunning 46!

Lori Lynn said...

What a great birthday and great pictures! Your family is so beautiful. Happy Birthday Diana!

I am glad to hear that 46 wasn't that painful, because that is my next birthday!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday!

And you make 46 look fabulous!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday!

And you make 46 look fabulous!

jennifer said...

Finally!! A picture with you in it!! It's only taken 2 months ;) What a wonderful birthday present...what a great guy!!

I would never believe that you were 46! You look amazing!

Dan and Karen said...

I'd say Jeff is a keeper (it's way to hard to train a new one anyway! :)

I love the photo of you with Sienna and I hope you saved a piece of that delicious looking cake for me!

I'm so glad your day was so special, you deserve it!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like a perfect day. The photos are beautiful!!!

snekcip said...

Jeff your awesome!!!! Your birthday sounded wonderful! I'm still sitting here mumbling "46, is she serious"! Girl you look wonderful!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

If I was with you in person right now I would say "SHUT UP!" and slap you in the arm (probably harder than I'd intended to) Seriously you are one hot Momma and a blessed one to boot!

I love seeing your family of five all together - such a beautiful family. I can't believe how much Ainsley looks like you! Don't you think?

When are we going to meet up this summer? You got a fabulous park somewhere we can meet at & let the kids run?

:)

Heather H. said...

Big kudos to Jeff!!!! Glad you had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Heather said...

Oh Diana - How could you be 46???? SO beautiful...all of you. Thankful you have such a special husband who knows how to make you feel special, what a blessing. The girls take my breath away...thank you for sharing the joy of this birthday!

May it be as great a year as the actual day was!!

Love,
Heather

Mimi's Toes said...

Happy Belated birthday. You look awesome for 46. Your husband is one in a million. Your daughters are beyond precious.

ellieshine said...

hey, I'm forty six! it looks better on you. happy birthday!

gorgeous photos!

Tracy said...

You look 36 to me - not 46! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love all the birthday pictures, and yes - you do have an amazing husband! That family photo is amazing.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive