Friday, May 21, 2010

The "Things" go to a Birthday Party!

Well, I may have missed some of the "firsts" in Sienna's life, but Lord willing I will not miss anymore! Today, the girls were invited to a birthday party for a little girl in their class. Sienna was supposed to have her doctor's appointment today (more on that later) so I thought she would have to miss Jordan's party. But, we saw Dr. Nelson on Wednesday, so I was excited that she could attend too... While the girls were playing this morning I went upstairs to straighten up... When I walked into their room the photo above is what I saw... They had picked out what they were going to wear for Jordan's party.. It just made me smile thinking how far they have come together!

Here was my dialogue as I tried to explain to Sienna (and Ruby too) about the day...

"This is Jordan's party! Not your birthday party.. You need to watch while Jordan opens her presents, they are for her! It is important to say "Happy Birthday" when you greet your friend. And, when you leave to say, "thank you for inviting me." You also need to listen to Jordan's Mommy, she is in charge! And, please take care of each other, and no fighting at Jordan's party! :) All of this was received with an "Ok Mommy" along with standard head nod! I ended this party conversation with, don't forget to use your very best manners!" Again, "Ok Mommy..." So, here they are ready to take on Jordan's birthday with style and grace...


Do you like the shoes they chose?

I love how excited she is!

Here they are walking into Jordan's house.... And, I can happily report that each of my precious girls greeted Jordan at the door and said "Happy Birthday Jordan" and handed off their presents!!!! At least part of my pep talk sunk in!!! A great start...

This is a big day for Sienna, and I hope she is having fun as a guest at her first birthday party in the U.S!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!! And for me, I am just thankful to be here one step behind them documenting their journey of friendship, sisterhood, and a red thread that will never be broken!

16 comments:

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Well I didn't plan on starting th morning off with tears! I'm such a mush pot with all of our children (mine, yours, her's, his, theirs.....) It's rediculous! They are such beauties Dianna! Have a wonderful day! Mary

The Oswalds said...

What a precious friendship is growing between these beautiful sisters! Love their party attire!

Stefanie said...

So sweet!! How I love to see their relationship blooming :)
God is so good :)

Leanne said...

They are TOO ADORABLE!
I love the way they have their beds pushed together.....so sweet!
God is so good to bring your family together like this. I just love it.
Our sweet girl, Lilly, has the same Thalassemia A Hem. H disease. Hers is with constant spring.
I would love to "compare notes" sometime.
It is a learning process....as you well know!
Those 3 girls are beautiful, Diana!
Love, Leanne

Jenn said...

Sooo sweet!!! I love how Sienna's toes hang off of her shoes. Karleigh Mei's does the same thing and I just adore it! :)

Linda said...

Love their shoes! So happy to see how the sisters are such great friends! I love how happy they were about the party. Still praying for Sienna and your family.

Anonymous said...

Such cute Chickies! I've so enjoyed following your journey . . . one we, too, will soon be venturing upon.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I think this is SO sweet. Sharing life together!!! Sisters are just the sweetest! Loved each pic!
Blessings!

Heather H. said...

Hi Diana. They are so precious. I hope they had a fun time.

elizabeth said...

They are so cute! Were their beds always pushed together or did they ask for them to be like that? That's the first thing I noticed in the picture and thought maybe they requested it =)

Big Happy Family said...

They look so pretty, and I do love the shoes. Love that those girls are having so much fun together!

Kim said...

I love, love reading your blog! Your pictures are always so beautiful and you always have the sweetest words. Your girls are beautiful. I wanted to share with you that we just received TA and we leave on Wednesday! I can hardly believe it as I type the words. God works miracles, is all I can say about that! Love, Kim

Jodee said...

They are the sweetest sisters ever! Adorable pictures!

Football and Fried Rice said...

What - what a huge step for Sienna! And how precious of Ruby to be right by her side - being her "big" little sister! I am so glad that they have each other ;)

I love their dresses! AND the shoes, of course!

Ainsley* said...

omgoodness! how adorable is that! i couldnt help but notice they have pushed their beds together! is this something new?

jennifer said...

That is adorable...especially the shoes!! I LOVE it!! (Love the bow too :)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive