Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Day in Guangzhou!

untitled-4458Blog

Our time in China is coming to a close! Yesterday Emme Jade was sworn in as a U.S. Citizen!! It was a special morning for all of us!

Emme Jade also had a very long morning!!! We got to see a little sugar & a lot of spice yesterday on the island. This girl definitely needs her sleep. So after a failed attempt to take her photos we chose an early lunch, and got her down for a three hour nap! Thankfully, happy Emme appeared at the pool late afternoon!

Ainsley and I hung out at the pool, and met some great adoptive families from Memphis and Birmingham! I always love hearing about other people's experiences. The "M" family is here with their five girls! Their oldest Annie speaks Mandarin... She came back to the room with us, and got Emme to brush her teeth!!!!! Thank you Annie! We may be calling you in 2 hours!! It was so funny.. Emme just opened her mouth for Annie.. No drama! She is such a cute little stinker!

Today we go to the island with our group for the red thread photos. Let's hope Emme is a little more excited for this photo shoot today!! Then a little more shopping, and we are off to Hong Kong!!!! By 1:00 on Thursday afternoon, we should be re-united with Sienna and Ruby! It has been too long!!!!! I can't wait to hug my girls!

This trip to bring Emme Jade home has been wonderful!!! God has blessed us with another special little girl, who we can't wait to bring home!

I will try to post from Hong Kong or the Tokyo Airport tomorrow!

Goodbye from Guangzhou!
~Diana



11 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Blessings on your last day! Are you all at the Garden? The background looks familiar. What a darling photo of your big and little. :) I know hugging your two middles will be a precious moment!!! Have loved watching your journey~ it helps us who are waiting so much. Blessings and love on your travel home!!!
XO

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely LOVED watching your journey. You are so blessed and I feel lucky to have watched and shared in your story of bringing Emme home.

Safe Travels!!

Lillie Family (out4abit on RQ)

Unknown said...

Oh, Diana, I'm just so, so, SO happy for your family. What a blessing this amazing girl is-- just as all 3 of your other beautiful girls are. And I'm blessed for having connected with you. Safe travels home!!

Anonymous said...

So, so enjoyed following your journey to Emme Jade! Safe travels to you all!

Kelly said...

Traveling mercies as you are reunited with your sweet family!!!

3 Peanuts said...

I m so excited for you to be home:) hope you have safe travels.

Love,
K

Kathryn said...

Safe travels. It has been an absolute pleasure to follow your journey to Emme Jade. Thank you so much for sharing it. You blessed my heart! All the best to you and your beautiful family!

sweet momma luv u said...

So glad you are almost done! Soon you will be all reunited and together again. What an incredible journey with miss Emme! She is a jewel and a precious one. Safe travels home and we will say prayers for your journey.

Love,Jody

TanyaLea said...

I have so enjoyed following each day of your journey. I find myself checking your travel blog often for new photos and updates, and have been so touched by your journey to EJ.

Praying your travels are safe and uneventful, and I cannot WAIT to see your family ALL TOGETHER at last! God bless you and happy travels!! <><

OXO,
Tanya Thom

Hoots Momma said...

time sure flies in china! hope you have an easy trip home. Can't wait to hear more about emme. many blessings to you guys!

Denise said...

Can't believe your trip is almost over! I can't wait to see pics of everyone together once you are home...will be praying for all of those long flight...hugs~

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive