Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"A Sweet Heart Change!"

DSC_3824-2-SwimCloseupSapphire

Since I am about to go to bed, I wanted to do a quick update so you knew this tired Mama got some love from Miss Emme Jade tonight.. It started around dinner time... She let me in!! She let me feed her, she let me put lotion on her, and she even negotiated her way out of going to bed when we wanted her too. So maybe I gave in to her arm twisting for a stroller ride! And, maybe I put "Dora" in Chinese on so she would fall asleep in our bed.. No rules in China!!

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I am so happy to go to bed knowing she might like this new situation after all.. Orphanage visit begins very early tomorrow... I have no doubt that it is going to be a very emotional day for Emme Jade's Mama and Baba!

Thank you for your prayers... And, for understanding this Mama's heart... Who by the way misses her other babies who are having a blast in AZ!! If you want to see what they are up to go to "Loving Life with Lexi" and "Blessed with Five" on my sidebar! I love you Camp C and Camp S!!



25 comments:

Sharon said...

I knew she wouldn't be able to resist you for long! God is awesome! Looking forward to hearing and seeing your trip to Emme's orphanage.

snekcip said...

okay that Emme Jade is rocking that bathing suit!!! "JADE" is really her color!!!

Brooke said...

She is STUNNINGLY beautiful!! Congratulations on your wonderful addition! :) With love...

3 Peanuts said...

So happy that Miss Emme had a change of heart. Who could she not? Hope she shows you lots more LOVE tomorrow too!!!!!!

LOVE this photo of her!!!!

Unknown said...

what wonderful news! So happy to hear it -- please keep up the posting -- I just love it. And I ADORE that swimsuit!! I've got to get one of those for my girl!

Amy said...

What a cute swim suit and the matching hat . . . adorable!!!

amy

Bridget said...

Happy day for you Mama! I knew that sweet pea would come around. All in good time they say:) hope you are sleeping well. I know tomorrow is a big day. Will keepmyou all in my thoughts and prayers and hope it is a wonderful experience.

Xoxox
B

Mrs. Winn said...

Your momma heart must be so full of joy. Emme is a doll! I have seen that swimsuit/swim cap modeled at least 50 times on the Gymboree chat forum (it sold out asap!) but my jaw literally dropped to the ground when I saw your stunning photo of your amazingly beautiful Emme. Wow! Praying for your visit tomorrow.
~Kelly

The Harlicka Family said...

Yay! Baby steps as they say! :) So glad she is warming up, soon you won't be able to peel her off of you I'm sure! :) And seriously, where oh where do you find the girl's adorable outfits? That is the cutest darn swim suit w/ matching swim cap I've ever seen!!! :) I remember they make you wear them in China in some pools, so needless to say, Avery was a "no go" on that one! ;)
I will be praying for you guys for the orphanage visit!
Much love!
The Harlickas

Julie said...

My daughter Lily Hope is from Nanjing!! She came home from China a year ago this coming Sept. Congrats!!!:0)

The 5 Bickies said...

So gorgeous! So happy to hear she is letting you in. Will be thinking of your trip tomorrow and checking in to see how it went.

Paige said...

Oh I am so happy she is letting you in he little heart, have been praying for you both today!! The pic is absolutely stunning!!she is a beauty!
Will be praying tomorrow for you all!!

Paige said...

oops "her" heart:)

sweet momma luv u said...

That suit is so cute!!!! I love the cap too!! How could she resist you for long? You are such a loving and kinds momma.... so happy for you. Praying that she will be open tomorrow and that the visit to the Orphanage does not set her back.

So glad That Sienna and Ruby are having such fun with the girls in AZ! Mary and I go way back before she adopted Lexi on our blogging.
Maybe someday I will be able to meet you all again. Jon Jon would love to see Sienna again!!

Hugs,
Jody

Praying for a save trip for you tomorrow.

Naomi said...

Who is this beautiful little Model I see? Oh my goodness... it is your new daughter!! You are such an incredible photographer. I am so pleased to hear that she is starting to bond with you! What an answer to our prayers.

Hugs, Naomi

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

It was good medicine to hear that God is allowing the walls to come down.

Love you~
Lisa

Wendy said...

Do whatever you need to do to help win her over...break all the rules you need to :). I went through similar stuff with Josie and I tried to be as inviting and fun as I could be. I served chocolate and oreos (organic, at least). And don't take a back seat..just keep doing what you normally would do for the children the best you can even if you need to alter it a bit for her. She needs to learn and understand your role in the family (even if she can't accept it all right now) and she needs to see you as strong, assertive and capable...as someone who can keep her safe and secure. It's an interesting test they put us through but it sounds like she's letting her guard down some already, thankfully. Hang in. I totally anticipated this with Josie especially since I didn't travel, but it still somehow catches you a bit off-guard. I so badly wanted to hold her and comfort her and be her mama, but she wanted a bit of space and I respected that but kept myself right in there with her and in a few weeks it all turned around.
Thinking of you all! Hang in. BTW, that photo is incredible! She is so beautiful just like her big sisters!!!

JulieM said...

I could just eat her up she is sooooooo cute! She makes me want to hop on a plane and head right back to China. So happy to hear she is making sweet little steps into letter her mommy in!
Blessings
Julie

Casey said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful!! And I'm so glad she doing so well... you have an gorgeous family!

Pam Thomas said...

Your daughter is a doll!! Love reading about your pick up trip. God is good!

Kristi said...

She is so beautiful!! She has such China doll perfect little facial features. And, this photograph is spot on; should be published. Definitely frame worthy!!

Unknown said...

Love your story and Emme Jade is amazingly beautiful! I also love seeing what God is doing in all your lives. Awesome.

Love Being A Nonny said...

GORGEOUS...seriously.

Hoots Momma said...

Diana, were praying for you guys. she is just beautiful!! I must know where the swimsuit came from!! We are loving the posts. Don't know how you have time to take these amazing shots while in china. I was a train wreck the whole time we were there!

To The Moon and Back said...

Diana, this photo is AMAZING! I am so happy for you and your family. We have followed your blog since your Journey to Ruby.

Our daughter Emme is so happy to see another little girl with the same special name...

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive