Monday, January 30, 2012
Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
It was pretty clear when Emme woke up yesterday that this would turn out to be our last day in the PICU. I have to admit, I was kind of sad to move floors.. While this was great news in Emme's recovery, I loved the care we had.. When you go through things like Benedryl Rages, you bond with your daughter's caregivers.. Jamie and Shelley, thank you for loving Emme.. Even when she wasn't so lovable!
She had a great day... Happy, busy, sweet.. A glimpse of the girl we left in the OR on Thursday.... She got her hair washed, changed her clothes, greeted the ICU from her wagon.. It was amazing to watch the change in 24 hours.. The IV lines came out, the Foley Catheter was removed.. The Sisters all came to visit.. All in all, it was a great day....
Jamie and Emme
Shelley & Emme
All of the Sisters together... The Middles were so excited to see Emme! So cute!
The fun began for me after everyone left.. Emme decided she would much rather jump on her bed, than go to sleep.. Did I mention she had major spinal surgery? Obviously, aerobics is not on her orders for getting us out of here... We even ordered a crib, because we were afraid she would launch herself out of her bed.. (Which she would have!) Around 11pm she got the "Roof" to her crib after she tried to climb out of it.. Did I mention she had major spinal surgery? At 2:13 am (yes you read that correctly) The Empress went to bed.. It is now 10:00 and she is still sleeping.. The good news is she is lying flat!!! So, as much as I was hoping they would let us go home today, I don't think it is going to happen. The Bladder is now the #1 concern.. We need to make sure it is truly working the way it was designed too.. They will be monitoring it closely.. We also need to get her out of bed to start walking... If all of that goes well, they may let us leave tonight.. Obviously, I would love to... But, we will do what is best for The Little Bean.
Did I mention she had major Spinal Surgery?
Blessings from the Step-Down Unit!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(153)
-
▼
January
(18)
- "The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
- Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
- Two Words!!!!!
- YIPPEE!!!!
- Looking Up!
- The Empress Update...
- The "Agitated Empress"...
- Day 2 in The PICU...
- Update and Prayer Request!!!!
- Surgery Update!
- In HIS Hands... Tomorrow Morning!
- Volleyball!!!!!
- More Sugar Than Spice Lately!
- Ruby Tuesday Ramblings....
- One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....
- Pre "Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!"
- "The Middles!"
- What's Next For Our Little Bean?
-
▼
January
(18)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
-
2012
(153)
- December(12)
- November(16)
- October(14)
- September(6)
- August(10)
- July(11)
- June(12)
- May(13)
- April(12)
- March(16)
- February(13)
-
January(18)
- "The Empress" Has Left The Building!!
- Emme's Last Day in the PICU!
- Two Words!!!!!
- YIPPEE!!!!
- Looking Up!
- The Empress Update...
- The "Agitated Empress"...
- Day 2 in The PICU...
- Update and Prayer Request!!!!
- Surgery Update!
- In HIS Hands... Tomorrow Morning!
- Volleyball!!!!!
- More Sugar Than Spice Lately!
- Ruby Tuesday Ramblings....
- One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....
- Pre "Gung Hay Fat Choy!!!!"
- "The Middles!"
- What's Next For Our Little Bean?
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)







10 comments:
She is jumping for JOY because God has healed her!!! Okay I know it is not funny and I would be worried..she DID just have major spinal surgery. She looks greta and I know she is going to be perfect!!!! Still praying:)
luv luv
ooops great.
She looks fantastic, Di! So very happy that she is improving so quickly... I know you must be thrilled to see that sparkle back in her eyes :)
And YAY for the step-down unit! Next step... HOME!!
Still praying for the Little Bean!
oxoxo,
Stefanie
I love how God just answers those prayers! Even the bed jumping part and the crib climbing in the middle of the night part could be Him just showing off!!! Praying for her little bladder and rest for mama!!!
LOVE every single photo~ brings back so many memories of when SJ had heart surgery~ wishing we could go home but not too soon please. LB looks so precious and hoping you all get a great report!!! XO
Oh my goodness. Love her energy!!!!!! God has great plans for Miss Emme Jade. We will keep praying for her and your family. Praise God for what he is doing.
What wonderful changes for your sweet Emme! Although, the jumping...not so much. Yikes! It's hard to reason with a little one though. Hope all goes well and you're home soon!
Oh my! 2 am??? Diana, you must be exhausted! Thank goodness for cribs! We'll be praying for her bladder to work as designed and that tonight you can spend the night in your very own bed.
Take care.
Karen
praise the lord!!! she is precious beyond words!! so glad she is at home and the prognosis sounds great!!!! LOVE that you call her little bean---we have a friend how calls our daughter Ava bean when I hear you say little bean it reminds me of our Ava bean!!!
praise God!!!
BA
What a MONKEY!!!! So sweet to see all four girls together - and Emme smiling DESPITE major spinal cord surgery!!!! Crazy girl!
And what sweet nurses!