Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Year Ago We Said Goodbye.....

One Year Ago on a freezing cold Saturday in January, we said goodbye to our loyal and faithful first born dog, Caymus... Our hearts broke that day, and they still do when we are reminded of her.

CaymusAinsley-14HazeEdgeBlog

So many of you sent me/us such encouragement on that day, and the days that followed.. Some of you reached out in such personal ways, and I am so grateful... Caymus was a special dog.. She loved us deeply... And, in turn, we loved her back... Life is not the same with out her... And, her sidekick Piper still misses her best friend... Me too....

CaymusReserve-7EdgeBurn

Tonight we will toast our girl, with her namesake!!!!! Cheers Caymus!!! Thank you for everything! You might not be here with us, but you will forever be in our hearts! And we know the treats are plentiful and the sun never stops shining where you are!






6 comments:

Stefanie said...

Awww, I so know how you feel, Di! I miss my dog every June, the month he died suddenly at the age of 12. And it's been over 10 years!
Cheers to Caymus :)
oxoxo,
Stefanie

Paige said...

Cheers to sweet Caymus! I get sad sometimes just thinking about losing my dogs, they become such a big part of our family don't they....

Brooke said...

Cheers sweet baby girl!! You are so loved!! Here on Earth and at Home with the angels!! xoxo!!

Brooke said...

PS- I sure do hope "Cold Noses" gave you a few smiles thinking of your baby girl bouncing after bones in the clouds!! I'm sure she has the most adorable set of little wings!! :)

Jeane M. said...

Aww, how lucky must Caymus be for being part of your family once. I could perfectly relate to your story way back on my sweet childhood days. A toast for Caymus.
wow accounts for sale

Eileen said...

We lost our beloved Bernese Mountain Dog just a few months ago. He was not even quite 7, but he had a very aggressive cancer. Our 12 year-old dog seemed so very sad and lonely that we quickly went out and got a little golden retriever puppy, thinking that Charlie would love him.......we were so wrong! He HATED the puppy for a good month and I always had to have them separated. Now, he tolerates him, but he still misses Olaf. We all do.
http://scravings.blogspot.com/2011/09/do-dogs-shed-in-heaven.html

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive