Friday, January 25, 2008

Another week in the life...


Hi Everyone!

So sorry, to take a week off with no notice!!! Thanks for all of you who have emailed to see if we are OK! Finally, the temperature broke ZERO today, and life is good! Every spare moment this week has been spent on my China "movie!" I am happy to say it is done, and downloading on my other laptop at the moment... Thank you again for your song ideas.. A special shout out to Leslie for your very special gift in the mail! I am overwhelmed by the friends that God has blessed me with because of our journey to Ruby Mei! I just wish we all lived in the same town so we could have coffee every Friday morning! I would happily host it!

Jeff has had an insane January, with business trips and local meetings. In fact tonight is the first time I have seen him before 6:30 in weeks! Ruby is asleep already, and Ainsley is out with some friends for a movie night... It is strangely quiet for a Friday night! All I can hear is my fingers on the keyboard and the dishwasher running.... Is this what it will be like when they are in high school?

Not much new here. Ruby has been struggling at night again, so once again the concealer is my best friend. I am sure it has something to do with the mouthful of teeth she has. Since "Show & Tell" Ruby and I have visited Ainsley's class twice this week for me to take some pictures of the kids for their silent auction donation. Today when we walked in all of the kids said, "hi Ruby!" She joyfully replied with a great big 'Her Rubiness' "HI!" Her vocabulary consists of: "Hi", "Bye", MOM (just like that!), "Dada", "Bop", "Aya", and a lovely grunt for "yes!" She has the head shake down to a tee for yes and no! Honestly, the girl communicates better than I do with 7 words!! She continues to make me laugh all day long, except when she is wrapped around my leg squaking for something she wants!! At night it is all about MOM, so when Jeff is not home that gets tough.

We had a proud parent moment on Tuesday night when we hosted an impromptu dinner for 15 of Jeff's employees/vendors here. Ainsley rose to the occasion and acted the way we all pray our kids will act with a bunch of adults around. She used eye contact, was conversational, and helped with her sister. She enjoyed herself, and we were so pleased to see that she does listen to the things we try to teach her!!! I did have to laugh when she came home and asked me how she could help me get ready for the party... I asked her to "swift" the floors.... She sweetly replied, "Not really what I had in mind....Do you have something else I could do!!!" I guess I have some work to do still!!!! She has started piano lessons and it seems to be off to a fairly good start. Of course she doesn't understand why she has to practice, because it is "so easy!" HELP!

Basically, it has been a week of getting caught up while Ruby naps, and running when she is awake. Just another day in the life of this stay home Mom!

Unfortunately, the "China movie" I created is too long to post here. But, just know it has been a lobor of love that I absolutely loved working on! I am amazed at how raw my emotions are everytime I watch it from beginning to end! For those of you waiting, I can't wait for you to cry those tears someday too! Until my next post, take care!!!

Happy Friday!
Diana

7 comments:

M said...

I have been a long time reader. I have enjoyed following your journey from myadoptionwebsite to your blog! What a beautiful post. Ainsley and Ruby Mei are so precious together. I cannot wait to see your China movie.
God Bless,
Keara
Jie Jie to Maura Xiao Mei

Lori said...

How wonderful to get your movie done, I'm sure it's amazing to sit and watch. I can't wait to cry those same tears. :)
Ainsley sounds like such a sweet little girl and how wonderful to see her live out what you work so hard at teaching her. I cracked up over the swifter comment, and can relate! I'd much rather do the FUN stuff!!
I understand when Daddy's not around how much harder things can be. I hope Ruby (and you) get back to sleeping through the night again. :)

The Oswalds said...

I would love to see your movie. I am currently working on a Gotcha Day video, hopefully ready to post on Mar 5th. But really would love to do one of the whole journey. Hope to see yours someday.
How sweet of Ainsley to be so willing to help you get ready for your party. But you shouldn't be surprised. It is due to yours & Jeff's wonderful parenting.
So sorry Ruby is struggling with sleep again. Kylee has been struggling as well. But we do get a good nights sleep every now & then. I just keep reminding myself these days will pass. Come on teeth!
Miss you,
Shauna

Jan said...

Happy to have you back in Blogland!

Danielle Moss said...

Congratulations on your movie! If you do want to post it, you can upload it to youtube through iMovie. I can explain what to do if you need help.

Very sweet that Ainsley wanted to help, but funny that she had her own ideas about helping.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Angie said...

HI Diana! Congrats on finishing the movie...what a blessing that will be to Ruby for years to come!

I love that Ainsley wanted to take her for show and tell!

I see you as a prayer warrior and I was wondering if you could email me privately? I know that may sound strange, but email if you can!
thanks - Angie
LID for Emma 1.31.07
maxandemma@charter.net

Snowflowers Mum said...

You are truly an inspiration, Ainsley obviously has parents who are teaching her well! Something we strive for everyday with Piper!

I'm so glad you have your movie together, we have not managed to do Piper's yet...and bringing Paisley home is just around the corner too...gulp.

I am still working on Piper's lifebook...but I'm not a scrapbooker so I feel so...incapable!

Hayley

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive