Friday, January 18, 2008

"Show & Tell"


Ainsley has "Show & Tell" at school on Fridays. Yesterday, she asked her teacher if she could bring Ruby for her "Show & Tell!" So, off we went this morning to school with 'Her Rubiness' in tow! Cute doesn't begin to describe what I witnessed today!!!! Imagine Ruby walking into a room of first graders, toddling around, getting a little girl to get her a chair so she too could be included in attendence, and opening the desk of the boy next to Ainsley and innocently digging through it like she owned it! Next imagine Ainsley going up to the front of the room and placing her little sister on the teacher's "big" chair so she could say, "This is my little sister Ruby, she is 1, any questions?" Then a sea of 1st grade arms go up with cute questions like:
  • What does she do? "She likes to climb on things!"
  • What does she like to eat? "Everything!"
  • Does she ever bug you? "Yes - when she goes in my room and makes my desk messy"
  • What else does she like to do? "She likes to Swift the floor for my Mom!"
  • What are some of the silly things she does? "She makes a silly face we call kissy face!" As if on cue, Ruby Mei pursed those rosebud lips and the crowd went wild!!! Not just once, but about 10 times!!! She enjoyed the attention and took full advantage of her audience!
  • Last question from the teacher... "Class do you think Ruby is quiet or outgoing?" Overwhelming response of "OUTGOING!!!!" Smart bunch!!

'Her Rubiness' left the class, with a very proud Big Sister, waving to her adoring new fans! It was priceless. UNFORTUNATELY, no camera.. But forever, I will remember this precious day! God just knew that these two would be an awesome pair! So fun to be along for the ride as the bond gets stronger everyday!!!!

Happy Friday! ~Diana

17 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Di~

What a GREAT Friday!!! This is a super story--one that will be talked about for years, I am certain.

I love that Ainsley endured the wait, showed so much faith, and now is lovin' being a big sister. It sends goosebumps all over my body and makes me smile.

I know you are one proud mommy and I couldn't be happier for you.

Thanks for sharing this heartwarming story.

Love,
Lisa

Heather said...

Oh Diana - these are the moments life is made of! Just awesome for all of you!

Thanks for sharing!

Have a happy weekend (be hard not to after that amazing exchange this morning!)

Love,
Heather

Adele said...

Oh I love this post. How precious to take her baby sister to class. I can't think of anything better that she could have chosen to take to her class. I love seeing these two precious sisters together. It makes me smile! I am so glad you shared this.

Mother said...

What a great idea for show and tell. How precious is Ainsley's choice of Ruby. We are so pleased to have had time to spend with both of our precious granddaughters over Christmas.
Love,
Mother and Dad Edwards

Leslie said...

I just love to hear these stories. It just warms my heart. I can imagine how proud Aisley was of her little sister. She has waited so long for that moment. I am sure she was just beaming today. I know a huge factor in our decision to adopt was to give Dayton a sibling. He carries her around everywhere and is always showing Myah off to his friends. (it doesn't hurt that she is a chick magnet either!). I am so happy that Ainsley and Ruby (and mommy) had such a memorable day!

The Oswalds said...

So Sweet! I wish I could have been in the audience there with you. I can only imagine your pride in your beautiful girls! I love that Ruby took the opportunity to show off her "kissy face"! What a little character.
Hope she has fun at her 1st Elmo party!

Love,
Shauna

Danielle Moss said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I love that Ainsley wanted to show Ruby off. I'm sure that melts your heart.

I emailed you a bunch of links for Julie.

jennifer said...

How cute! I bet you wish you had your video camera. You must have been beaming!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Diana,

I love this story. I could actaully picture the whole thing and I had goosebumps too.

Harry brought Kate last year to show and tell in his class. I never wrote anything down so I don't remember the specifics. I was very sleep deprived at that time.

How wonderful that Ainsley is so proud of her little sister. Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

Kim

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing this precious story! I just love reading about your girls. I have an older sister and there is just something so special with sisters. Glad hear your girls are experiencing this wonderful bond.

Karen

Sheri said...

What an awesome story. This is a memory that Ainsley will treasure always. I love that Ruby on cue made the kissy face. I'm sure all the kids in Ainsley's class will be talking about that for a long time to come! It is so sweet to see the bond that has formed between your girls. God is truly blessing them and your family.

Tracy said...

That is priceless! What a proud big sister. So fun!

Lori said...

Oh my, how incredibly sweet.
I can imagine that situation and how precious it must have been. :)

missy said...

SWEETEST Show and Tell EVER! Awww!

Michelle R Photography said...

I've just opened our blog to the public and I want to create a list of favorites. Would you mind if I include yours on my list? I love popping by to see your adorable little girls. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love that story! How precious are your gems :)!

Kim N Jeff said...

It is so sweet how they have grown together... Hope you have an excellent weekend with the girls.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive