Friday, March 7, 2008
Now I have something to do with my pictures!

I am happy to report that "The Pearl" and "The Ruby" just may have scrapbooks of their lives as children before they head off to college now! Reality is I will never have time to do creative, cut and paste scrapbooks for these girls right now. I did one for Ainsley that I gave to her on her first birthday. It was a labor of love that took me forever to do. That was almost six years ago. But, now this world of digital scrapbooking is right up my alley! It may take me until they are 18 to catch up, but now I have a goal. Ainsley & Ruby will head off to their freshman year of college with something in hand from their Mom! (And maybe a few DVD's too!)I will take any advice you experts would like to share! For now, I am using Creative Memories Creator Plus Mods. Another blogger friend of mine does amazing things with a program called Scrapbook Max. I am going to order that one too! What I love most is the option to order the pages individually and then load into albums!
Oh well, since I love to take pictures, it is time to capture the memories for those I stalk with the camera!
Lastly, THANK YOU for all of your sweet messeges celebrating Ruby Mei's entrance into our world! We were so blessed by all of them! Now I need to think of something special for Ruby Tuesday which will be here soon! I have some friends leaving for China this week. So, next week I will be celebrating their "Gotcha" moments!! Can't wait!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

17 comments:
Thanks for the tip!! I know digital is the only way I'll do something but I feel so overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
Hope you had a great weekend.
Love,
Lisa
Very cute!! I too love digital scrapbooking and traditional scrapbooking as well. I still do all of mine the cut and paste way, but I love the digital way too! Your pages look great! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Glad to see you can post the Creative Memories pages. I am thinking about buying it to use for blogging...for now, I still love the cut and paste method, but who knows...I used to say I would do my kids' scrapbooks when they were in high school...my oldest is now a freshman and I'm home with a two-year-old...plan B???
Missed sending you congrats on your referral anniversary...we celebrated our first Gotcha Anniversary last month...sweet memories re-living that trip! I also remember following your trip! I know it will be special for your family, as well!
They look adorable. I'm still working on loading all my pictures into the CM software. I think I'm going to do the books.
Pass on the link for your friends if they don't care! I love to follow others in China.
I was online searching for digital scrapbooking this afternoon...too funny! Thanks for tips on what program(s) to get. I'd like to learn how to do it also. So many blogs have the cutest layouts. Good job Diana!
I love your digital pages. I do CM scrapbooking but haven't checked out their digital stuff yet. This may inspire me to!
How cool! Have always been afraid to scrapbook -- maybe I could give digital a try. Your girls are so beautiful!
Janet
Photoshop Elements is also a great program. It is around $90 and does everything you would need it to do, and they DO make it for Mac.
You did a great job on these pages!
You know you can slurp your whole blog into a book? Yes, there is a company that will turn your blog into a book for you! Then you would have something to hand your girls! (Never posted here, but I found you because you are a fellow AWAA family, we are waiting still) I just found the site to do this, and I plan on doing it for our daughter, I have been blogging since we started waiting! Anyway I just had to share. The site is www.blurb.com/book/blogbook.com
I'm going to check out Blurb (http://www.blurb.com/) where you can turn your blog (or parts of it) into a bound book. It looks interesting, and with your beautiful photos, the results would be lovely!
Nicole,
I love the whole "slurping idea!!!" I am all over that one!
Thanks for visiting! I love meeting new AWAA families! Blessings,
Diana
Your girls are adorable and I enjoy reading your site. I followed your journey to China for Ruby and enjoyed it. My husband and I are a "waiting AWAA family." We have 4 grown children and I am now in the process of re-doing their pictures and scrapbooks. You get different ideas after awhile and I am making theme scrapbooks, like Halloween, Christmas, Pets, etc. instead of just one for each child.
I recently learned of the blog slurping, book making option and I am beyond excited! I love your digital pages.....someday that's what I want to do!
Don't you just love digital scrapbooking? I do! No more messy stuff to leave out on the table.. it's all in the computer!
;0)
Your girls are beautiful!
Blessings,
Keisha
I am so glad you love the "slurping" idea as much as I did! You will have to let me know how it turns out if you decide to do it. I want to wait until dd arrives before I do anything!
I love the pictures of the girls! I want to get more creative. I am eager to read your gotcha story. I was reading your blog at myadoptionwebsite.com while you were in China. I can't believe it has been a wholel year. Enjoy
Lauren
Diana,
These look great! Isn't it fun? When I get my sickies outta here, I am looking forward to get back to this too. You're a natural!